Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Little Known Anime

VAMPIRE WARS!!!
    my real name begins with a"W"

Steam Boy. : D Just watched it last night!
    Akira
    Metropolis (I think its better well-known, but should be watched anyways)
    Nightwalker

I don't think Akira falls into the little known anime. Its one of , if not, the most famous anime movie ever. The other ones might, but they were directed by some pretty famous people.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

<ul type="square"><li>Dragonball Z
    <li>Sailor Moon
    <li>Neon Genesis Evangelion
    <li>Pokemon
    <li>Princess Mononoke
    <li>Spirited Away</ul>

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by edczxcvbnm
    That movie SUCKED and kind of goes against the actual Manga big time from what I understand. The series is awesome and does everything a billion times the justice. Good music, good character development, good ending awesome action.
    I concur. I've never seen the series, but the movie was awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Kawaii Ryűkishi
    <li>Sailor Moon
    <li>Pokemon
    <li>Princess Mononoke
    <li>Spirited Away</ul>

I'm not too sure how well known the Gate Keepers series are, but they are amazing.

Another one, I have a seen a tiny bit of, was Noir, and I have never heard anything mentioned on that series, but it was very good and interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by MecaKane View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Yliette View Post
    Avril's become more profane now with lines such as "Hell yeah, I'm a m***** f***in' princess"
    No matter how much you and Sigmund Freud want it to be, 'mother' is not a curse word.

I have one of these now. Epiphany's Avatar

Noir is the only anime series I will watch.

Originality is good, kids.

Whatever anime I see, Ive seen on TV, rented or bought, never imported anything, so you hardcore anime fans will probably see these titles as more mainstream than unknown, if I havent seen it its new to me as they say.

SoulTaker of course hence the name, was a g4 for a time back when it was Tech TV, one of my all-time favorites dont know how well known it is.

Berserk, and 3X3 Eyes are other anime's that I like, probably not as well known as Fullmetal Alchemist and Cowboy Bebop, but still some of you probably have seen this years before I did though...

Quote Originally Posted by TheAbominatrix
    No, D.N.A. as in D.N.A. xP
    lol never heard of it.

Well, I live in america so we don't get a lot of anime and manga, but I get what I can and I like it all. ANIME IS THE BEST!!! ALL OF THEM!!!
    You think you dont get much anime in America?????? You get LOADS compared to Britain. The only animes that get aired in Britain are Pokemon, Digimon and Dragonball (yes, crap selection I know) (well, we get FMA and Wolfs Rain as well, but only if you have Sky, which I dont >.<)

I don't think Akira falls into the little known anime. Its one of , if not, the most famous anime movie ever.
    lmao yeh

Dragonball Z

Sailor Moon

Pokemon
    Um... he said "little known" and "good". Those 3 shows are probably the corniest and most well known anime shows in existence.

As for the other 3, there all pretty well known as well, althogh they are very good (Evangelion is one of my all-time favourites)
    Last edited by Assassin_; 02-15-2006 at 10:53 AM.
    Chronicles of the Universe - Sons of Earth volume 1 - Bounty Hunter now at 95 pages! Ill update this sig when it gets published

Grin

I seem to have the opposite opinion of the whole X the movie/TV series argument.

Starting with the manga... Frankly, I think most of it is a waste of printed paper. Half the pages in a volume usually consist of picture of feathers flying over the Tokyo cityscape. It took about nine volumes for true progression to set in. It is still a very satisfying series. After all... 90% of the drama in Star Wars comes from the drag and anticpation towards some sort of finality.

The TV series, in my opinion, is the absolute worst incarnation of X. It keeps the useless drag of the manga, and then ends very abruptly. Lame. Giving it a 25-ish episode run was a huge mistake. If you are going to have the slow and *cough* self indulgent pace X the manga had, then a year long run (50 episodes) would have been necessary. Some of the cenematics in the final episode were nice.

And then there is the infamous movie. My favorite. It wraps up what X is all about in two-odd hours, and does so brilliantly. "It has poor character development!" "____ DIED USELESSLY!" Ahem... Like I said, it wraps up what X is all about in two odd hours. If you drop the high school English grading scale, give it another veiwing, and try to let it impact you emotionally, then the movie usually works. I hated this movie as much as anyone at first. Then I sampled all of X and came back to it. Great stuff.

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kawaii Ryűkishi
    <li>Sailor Moon
    <li>Pokemon
    <li>Princess Mononoke
    <li>Spirited Away</ul>
    Some of them (That I've highlighted) Are VERY popular where I live. And Nearby so maybe it's where you live that matters. (Although the last one is pretty old)

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

I don't know why I even try with you people anymore.

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian
    I seem to have the opposite opinion of the whole X the movie/TV series argument.

Starting with the manga... Frankly, I think most of it is a waste of printed paper. Half the pages in a volume usually consist of picture of feathers flying over the Tokyo cityscape. It took about nine volumes for true progression to set in. It is still a very satisfying series. After all... 90% of the drama in Star Wars comes from the drag and anticpation towards some sort of finality.

The TV series, in my opinion, is the absolute worst incarnation of X. It keeps the useless drag of the manga, and then ends very abruptly. Lame. Giving it a 25-ish episode run was a huge mistake. If you are going to have the slow and *cough* self indulgent pace X the manga had, then a year long run (50 episodes) would have been necessary. Some of the cenematics in the final episode were nice.

And then there is the infamous movie. My favorite. It wraps up what X is all about in two-odd hours, and does so brilliantly. "It has poor character development!" "____ DIED USELESSLY!" Ahem... Like I said, it wraps up what X is all about in two odd hours. If you drop the high school English grading scale, give it another veiwing, and try to let it impact you emotionally, then the movie usually works. I hated this movie as much as anyone at first. Then I sampled all of X and came back to it. Great stuff.
    I wish the TV series was longer than the 24 episodes.

Also the movie was 90 minutes long and I couldn't watch it because it was bad. Forget about the story. I just couldn't watch it. It was way to akward.

Unlike you though I watch the TV series first THEN went to the movie thinking...how is this so bad that everyone bitches about it? I bought it used from gamestop and returned it the same day.

Quote Originally Posted by Heero Yuy NWZC
    Well, I live in america so we don't get a lot of anime and manga, but I get what I can and I like it all. ANIME IS THE BEST!!! ALL OF THEM!!!
    We get the second most Japanese animation and comic books outside of Japan and its closest neighbors.

Also I sigh at your fanboy-hood.

Quote Originally Posted by MJN SEIFER

* Dragonball Z
    * Sailor Moon
    * Neon Genesis Evangelion
    * Pokemon
    * Princess Mononoke
    * Spirited Away

Some of them (That I've highlighted) Are VERY popular where I live. And Nearby so maybe it's where you live that matters. (Although the last one is pretty old)
    Actually, all of these are exceedingly popular. Spirited Away is also the most recent entry on that list, so it's not actually 'pretty old'

And Ashi- KODOCHA! A kickass show, though the comic was better. How much ya seen?

I have one of these now. Epiphany's Avatar

That's the problem with sarcasm. People don't pick up on it.

Originality is good, kids.