Thread: World Map?

Default World Map?

Does anyone know if there is going to be a 'World Map' area like there was in FFVII.

I personaly loved the world map with vehicles etc and I think it really adds to the RPG exploration side of the game.

Where as Final Fantasy X2 was more locations linked by a menu.

Thank you

No World Map

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

You don't know that Crossblades, it hasn't come out. Unless you've asked the developers, then no one knows. And I would love to see the world map return. But we'll only know once we get it.

didnt this question already been asked... like 1000 times?

I don't think so. I think it was thrown into a conversation as a wouldn't it be cool thing.

lomas de chapultepec Recognized Member eestlinc's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=67739

It's an older thread, but it might have some answers for you.

FFX suffered with no World Map IMO, made the game very linear.
    I'd love the world map back, probably my favourite part of the past games. Even if FFXII dosent have a world map, I hope its not just going to be a point A to point B buisness.

no this topic definately came up just like this on this site before. i know because i responded to them.

im for a world map all the way cause it makes u feel like you are more in control of where your character goes. and the airship couldnt even be piloted in FFX.

I enjoyed the exploring aspect, I like finding places that I havent seen before and not knowing whats inside.

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

the new FFs without world maps are good but i loved going around on an airship looking for new citys islands and places not marked on my map. i hope that in FF12 though there will be a lot of travelling through fields to get to new places but also it would be good if instead of going in a straight line like in FFX you have more choices to go to and can explore for new and secret as if its just a closer up version of the world map.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*

FFX was way too linear for my tastes but i still enjoyed it for the most part. The story and battle system were the only things keepin me playing though. I really hope they bring back the world map like FFVII's. That was the best one.

Quote Originally Posted by Awesomeman
    You don't know that Crossblades, it hasn't come out. Unless you've asked the developers, then no one knows. And I would love to see the world map return. But we'll only know once we get it.
    It has been said many times that there won't be a world map

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

But it still hasnt been said on what there will be, We ( well I ) can only hope it wont be like FFX's way of moving from place to place.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Dreddz
    FFX suffered with no World Map IMO, made the game very linear.
    I'd love the world map back, probably my favourite part of the past games. Even if FFXII dosent have a world map, I hope its not just going to be a point A to point B buisness.
    Every FF I've ever played has been totally linear pretty much until you get the airship, with the exception of the odd side quest or two along the way. Having a world map wasn't any less linear.

I will agree with many of you that I'd like to see a situation where you can actually explore with the airship (the only thing that FFX lacked with no world map). Yeah you can still explore even if you can't fly it all over the place, but it was just fun to be in control rather than choosing points on a map.

Seeing as the game has been released, anyone got any sources saying if they have brought back the world map, or what will they be using in its place.