Quote Originally Posted by Palindroma
Valentine's Day is just like any other holiday. Just because Thanksgiving exists doesn't mean that people aren't thankful on days other than Thanksgiving. Christians celebrate the life of Jesus all the time, but Christmas is the day that they go ALL OUT with the celebrating. Just because there's a holiday that celebrates love doesn't mean that people all over the world don't love each other and share that love with each other every single day.

These holidays are just an excuse for people to go above and beyond what is normal everyday fare.

And while it would be lovely to have a candlelight dinners and romantic dates every single day, that isn't gonna happen. So what's so wrong about a day that prompts people to buy flowers and gifts that everyday life just doesn't have time for?

Human beings like holidays. They like having a day set out in the year that has a special purpose to it. We don't need Valentine's Day? Sure we do. We need it to break the monotony just like how we need these Elections or the Ciddies.

As for the people who dislike Valentine's purely because it reminds you of what you don't have, you at least have a valid reason for disliking the holiday. And the day especially sucks when your girlfriends are gushing about the sweet things their boyfriends got for them for Valentines. That blows.

But the whole, "we don't need a day to celebrate something we should be doing everyday" deal doesn't fly with me. Cause human nature says differently.
Miriel owns

Edit: Oh, and I guess my Valentine turned out to be pretty awesome. Yey~ ♥