Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Greatest Rap Artist Ever

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Cuchulainn
    Greatest rapper ever is hard. It's definately NOT 2Pac. He was no more than 'ok'. Then his pathetic 'disses' to NYC, any respect that idiot had was lost then.
    then you obviously don't know 2pac, he wasnt put as the best rapper for no reason you know.

I listen to rap religiously and i personaly think that no-one even comes close to 2pac. I could be here talkin all day about him but what il say is that he had the best voice, best rapper lyricly and the most inteligent. He didnt always use his inteligence to do good things but nobody can deny he had talent.

favourite line? from 1993's Strictly For My N***** Holler if ya hear me:

I guess what, just cause im black born,
    im supposed to say peace, sing songs,
    and get capped on

Str8 Pimpin'

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

Not a lot of people know who Abdominal is, but I can tell you he completely own almost every rapper out there. He usually works with DJ Format, who is also one of the best Hip Hop mixers out there as well.
    There is no signature here. Move along.

Blog Entries

Eminem or Biggie

there was a picture here

2pac represented everything that was wrong with hip hop in the 90s. He dissed people. WHAT A GUY. No one but Chino XL & Mobb Deep bothered replying. Taking the higher ground to keep the peace. He was voted the greatest rapper. Again, WHAT A GUY. Talent isn't measured in mass appeal. If that were so, Spice Girls own Pink Floyd & Titanic was the greatest movie ever made.

Kids like 2pac as he represents the pointless hatred & rebellion every teen likes to portray. He's like emo for wiggers. He had skills, he just invented his life & started living how he rapped. Not realising it would kill 2 great talents & god knows how many more in the aftershocks. See past the BS people.

That is true what Cuchulainn just said, shame on 2pac.
    I didnt know Chino XL got worked up about it though :confused:
    On the subject of Chino XL, Kreep is a song everyone has to listen to by him, great old skool Hip Hop.

A true ffix lover Ashley Schovitz's Avatar

It's Nas no doubt, he has the realest stuff, tupac, he tries to be both, stick with one or the other.

Yellow Winged Angel

2pac represented everything that was wrong with hip hop in the 90s. He dissed people. WHAT A GUY. No one but Chino XL & Mobb Deep bothered replying. Taking the higher ground to keep the peace. He was voted the greatest rapper. Again, WHAT A GUY. Talent isn't measured in mass appeal. If that were so, Spice Girls own Pink Floyd & Titanic was the greatest movie ever made.

Kids like 2pac as he represents the pointless hatred & rebellion every teen likes to portray. He's like emo for wiggers. He had skills, he just invented his life & started living how he rapped. Not realising it would kill 2 great talents & god knows how many more in the aftershocks. See past the BS people.
    Youdo realize if you ever actually tell someone that doesnt live in New York or New Jersey that your ass is gonna get kicked. Hell I want a shove a stick up all those asses who dissed Pac an I might do it if I get enough frequent flier miles. HOW THE HELL IS TUPAC AN EMO FOR WIGGERS. I see past the BS . The BS youre saying.

Gaze Upon the Mega Man! JackNapier's Avatar

Tupac's like emo for wiggers.
    lmao that's hilarious. Some people are still 100% sure that he is still alive and that he's gonna come back on the 13th of September this year (10 years after his death). Get over it, he's dead damnit!

Quote Originally Posted by Death Penalty
    Youdo realize if you ever actually tell someone that doesnt live in New York or New Jersey that your ass is gonna get kicked. Hell I want a shove a stick up all those asses who dissed Pac an I might do it if I get enough frequent flier miles. HOW THE HELL IS TUPAC AN EMO FOR WIGGERS. I see past the BS . The BS youre saying.
    I'm sorry kid but the only people that hold 2pac as the greatest are infact (besides his close friends) suberban white kids with emowiggery. Real hip hop fans know best. I'll run the risk of little Homie Kevin G-Flaps from Wyoming whipping me with his BB Gun & do-rag with my views. E-threats own. Although I'm finding it hard to believe that a true Gangsta like yourself collects frequent flier miles.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Maxx Power
    Not a lot of people know who Abdominal is, but I can tell you he completely own almost every rapper out there. He usually works with DJ Format, who is also one of the best Hip Hop mixers out there as well.
    Yeah I've heard him he's pretty damn good but I dunno about owning anyone

No one but Chino XL & Mobb Deep bothered replying. .
    not true. Nas dissed back witht The Message wich in reality IS a tupac diss. Nas doens't include names in his disses except Ether of course

and if we want to say who hold the most "street credit" I'd say Big L would woop pac biggie nas everyone.

Getting shot, going to prison and having your so called friends turn their back on you would make anybody pissed. Many still dont know what sparked Chino XL to diss Pac, only reason figured is that he just wanted to help his album sales, didnt help btw. 2Pac everything wrong with 90's rap? Besides helping to put rap on the map, he actually had a message in his rhymes besides how much bling he had, his albums were complete, he wrote his own music, he has about 1,000 unreleased songs because he was constantly writing, he worked hard on every song, not just a pop song that you could play on the radio and call it quits, name one song that JayZ, Nas,or Biggie came out with that had the same emotional and social resonance as "Keep ya Head Up", "Dear Momma", "Changes" and "Brendas Got a Baby". He introduced phraise Thug Life to the world, not thug has in he will snatch your purse or rape your daughter but as a person born into poverty and hard times who makes it out and is still himself, and Nas and JayZ took the image and ran with it, which is what led to him dissing them, funny how when asked who Nas' favorite rapper is he replies 2Pac, and JayZ constantly mentions him in his lyrics. And Tupac wasnt dissing New York he was dissing their rappers who he saw has being fake and not "real" with who they were, especially bad boy records. His first stage name was MC New York, he was born in Brooklyn. And I dont know if you actually know anybody in New York but he is a legend their as well, 50 Cent, DipSet all claim 2Pac to be their favorite rapper.
    I'm sorry kid but the only people that hold 2pac as the greatest are infact (besides his close friends) suberban white kids with emowiggery. Real hip hop fans know best. I'll run the risk of little Homie Kevin G-Flaps from Wyoming whipping me with his BB Gun & do-rag with my views. E-threats own. Although I'm finding it hard to believe that a true Gangsta like yourself collects frequent flier miles.
    after this statement I question the fact of whether you actually know any black urban youths, because if you stop the average black person in the street and ask them who they think is the greatest rapper of all-time 9 times outta 10 they will say 2Pac. He is almost deified, I remember most of the kids in my high school still believed he was alive.

Blog Entries

"I can" "The World is Yours"

Yes Tupac was born in new york but wtf does that have to do with anything He repped weast coast so why should he claim NYC for anything? I know SEVERAL black white latino urban youths, and yes tupac is in the top 3 but 9 out of 10 don't say he's the best. Mostly they say Big L and Biggie. Or DMX. Nas is my persoanl favorite, I know he's not the best but he's my favorite. He's the best knowledge rapper. Tupac had skills, he was one of the best but I don't think there can be a "best" and obviously no side is going to budge on this.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulTaker*
    Getting shot, going to prison and having your so called friends turn their back on you would make anybody pissed..
    He got shot because he shot up a venue in Oakland with kids & went to prison because of gang rape.

Many still dont know what sparked Chino XL to diss Pac, only reason figured is that he just wanted to help his album sales, didnt help btw...
    Many don't know? are mad? Do your homework. Chino Xl responded to Pac's mad rant at the end of hit em up.

2Pac everything wrong with 90's rap? Besides helping to put rap on the map, he actually had a message in his rhymes besides how much bling he had, his albums were complete, he wrote his own music, he has about 1,000 unreleased songs because he was constantly writing, he worked hard on every song, not just a pop song that you could play on the radio and call it quits, name one song that JayZ, Nas,or Biggie came out with that had the same emotional and social resonance as "Keep ya Head Up", "Dear Momma", "Changes" and "Brendas Got a Baby". He introduced phraise Thug Life to the world, not thug has in he will snatch your purse or rape your daughter but as a person born into poverty and hard times who makes it out and is still himself, and Nas and JayZ took the image and ran with it, which is what led to him dissing them, funny how when asked who Nas' favorite rapper is he replies 2Pac, and JayZ constantly mentions him in his lyrics.
    Nas is Nas, Jay Z does not constantly mention Pac. Jay Z constantly mentions Biggie & occastionally mentions Pac. Again sourceless claims.

And Tupac wasnt dissing New York he was dissing their rappers who he saw has being fake and not "real" with who they were, especially bad boy records. His first stage name was MC New York, he was born in Brooklyn. And I dont know if you actually know anybody in New York but he is a legend their as well, 50 Cent, DipSet all claim 2Pac to be their favorite rapper.
    I could care less where someone is born or where they rep.That isn't my point.

after this statement I question the fact of whether you actually know any black urban youths, because if you stop the average black person in the street and ask them who they think is the greatest rapper of all-time 9 times outta 10 they will say 2Pac. He is almost deified, I remember most of the kids in my high school still believed he was alive.
    Kids like Pac. Again I must say WHAT A GUY and refer to my earlier statements on angsty emorap for kids.

He got shot because he shot up a venue in Oakland with kids & went to prison because of gang rape.
    Never heard that, from what I know Pac was set up to be killed and to make it look like a robbery, but he was with friends and they didnt get an ounce of jewelry robbed form them and he was the only one shot, when he got up to the hotel room he said that Puffy and many others looked surprised that he was alive. In the rape case Pac was set up by the police and one of his friends who was gang leader was an informent. It was because Pac had shot 2 off duty police officers in an altercation. The police officers were assualting a black motorist when Pac stopped them. The charges in this case were dropped because the officers were intoxicated and had stolen guns from an evidence locker, they also started the altercation. Pac has said that he wasnt envolved in the rape, but he has stated that he feels bad for not knowing enough to stop it.

Many don't know? are mad? Do your homework. Chino Xl responded to Pac's mad rant at the end of hit em up.
    Hit em up was a response or dont you do your homework. Pacs response was due to the fact that CHino XL in a song called "Riiot", claimed 2Pac was raped in jail, in which he stated "by this industry, I'm trying not to get smurfed like 2Pac in jail", this was before hit em up. Chino XL, later stated that he meant no disrespect to Pac, and that he greatly respected him, Chino XL now claims to be a west coast rapper. Again due your own homework, mines already turned in.

Nas is Nas, Jay Z does not constantly mention Pac. Jay Z constantly mentions Biggie & occastionally mentions Pac. Again sourceless claims.
    What do you mean Nas is Nas? How does that back up your argument. Okay you say JayZ occasionally mentions Pac, but he does mention him, before a show he stated "long live 2Pac" or something to that effect. Again JayZ started it by dissing him on "Brooklyn's Finest" him AND Biggie. And Mobb Deep is just a bunch of losers, they even tried to beef with Jayz.

I could care less where someone is born or where they rep.That isn't my point.
    Whats your point, that only white suburban kids listen to Pac, how many black urban kids do you know?

Kids like Pac. Again I must say WHAT A GUY and refer to my earlier statements on angsty emorap for kids.
    He spoke out against police brutallity, ingnorance and selling out, sadly this didnt seem to have an affect on rappers like Nelly, Chingy, Lil Kim and P Diddy.

Psy Hornet, so you know 3 black, white and latino urban youths? Just kiddin, Nas is a great rapper, he's in my top 5 for his message and that fact that he doesnt make pop songs, and Im not saying that Pac should be the be all end all, Im often torn between him Biggie and Rakim, but he is more than "ok" as Cuchulainn put it.
    Last edited by SoulTaker*; 02-15-2006 at 10:18 AM.

Never heard that, from what I know Pac was set up to be killed and to make it look like a robbery, but he was with friends and they didnt get an ounce of jewelry robbed form them and he was the only one shot, when he got up to the hotel room he said that Puffy and many others looked surprised that he was alive. In the rape case Pac was set up by the police and one of his friends who was gang leader was an informent. It was because Pac had shot 2 off duty police officers in an altercation. The police officers were assualting a black motorist when Pac stopped them. The charges in this case were dropped because the officers were intoxicated and had stolen guns from an evidence locker, they also started the altercation. Pac has said that he wasnt envolved in the rape, but he has stated that he feels bad for not knowing enough to stop it.
    It is well known. It was a Jamaican style punishment shooting for his firing into a crowd of kids in Oakland. He was set up for it, undoubtedly. But not by Bad Boy, they simply had not the clout at that stage. There are strong hints maybe Stretch Walker was involved. The crew in the building were surprised, yes. Who wouldn't be. That does not make them responsible. We will never truely know what happened, either at the Manhattan shooting or at the rape, to exhonourating him is as retarded as blaming him.

Hit em up was a response or dont you do your homework. Pacs response was due to the fact that CHino XL in a song called "Riiot", claimed 2Pac was raped in jail, in which he stated "by this industry, I'm trying not to get smurfed like 2Pac in jail", this was before hit em up. Chino XL, later stated that he meant no disrespect to Pac, and that he greatly respected him, Chino XL now claims to be a west coast rapper. Again due your own homework, mines already turned in.
    Chino is well known for his methaphoric raps. I'm well aware of riiot. Chino also has a line about being fatter in hip hop than Biggie. These's are not direct attacks but intelligent similies every rap artist uses. Biggie was big enough to see the funny side, Pac wasn't.

What do you mean Nas is Nas? How does that back up your argument..
    Nas has a dope flow but no crew so he floats from camp to camp. Nas is Nas. He has shafted so many former friends it's not funny, now he's virtually lonesome. I don't dislike or like him. I'm just not surprised by anything he comes off with that contradict earlier statement.

Okay you say JayZ occasionally mentions Pac, but he does mention him, before a show he stated "long live 2Pac" or something to that effect. Again JayZ started it by dissing him on "Brooklyn's Finest" him AND Biggie. And Mobb Deep is just a bunch of losers, they even tried to beef with Jayz.
    Jigga occasionally mentions Pac like I said. You quoted me then backed it up? Mobb Deep are loser based on what? The fact you take some dead rappers beefs on your shoulders & carry them like you have a right to? Please.

Whats your point, that only white suburban kids listen to Pac, how many black urban kids do you know?
    I have no problem with suburban white kids listening. Just as long as they don't dress like Busta Rhymes & say 'nigga'. Those kids tend to only follow the bling shoot kill nigga hip hop. It's that that disgusts me.

He spoke out against police brutallity, ingnorance and selling out, sadly this didnt seem to have an affect on rappers like Nelly, Chingy, Lil Kim and P Diddy.
    A LOT of rappers have spoke out about that. He hasn't the monopoly there. You list hip-pop artists I have zero respect for so I have no intention to defend.

Biggie's lyrics, flow, humour was, in my opinion, superior to anyone since. There will be no one like him again. He Was & is the Greatest of all time.
    Last edited by Cuchulainn; 02-15-2006 at 11:38 AM.