Thread: The strongest one survives...

Default The strongest one survives...

I just came across this video comparing the physical endurances of the three major consoles (XBOX, GAMECUBE, and PS2)- not counting Xbox 360 since it is too new.

Guess which one wins?

http://www.collegehumor.com/movies/107702/

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Nintendo's hardware has always been the most durable. I remember kids writing in to Nintendo Power about how their siblings dropped their Game Boy out a second-story window or submerged their Super Nintendo in an aquarium with no harm done.

Grimoire of the Sages ShunNakamura's Avatar

It looks like the XBox's own weight did it in :P.

As for super nintendo. Well my dad kicked it, threw it outside.. and did a lot of nasty stuff to it. It actually still has a foot print in it where you can see where he stomped on it. Ran just fine til one of the plugs in the back of it fell off. Now I can't it to work no matter what.

Though our playstation has been through rough stuff as well... well it was never left outside over night.

My brother actually hit his GBC with a lawn mower and was still able to play it. Not to mention the dogs got ahold of it. those things can take quite a betting. Though the cartridges break easily enough from my experience.

STILL Updating the anime list. . . I didn't think I was that much of an anime freak! I don't even want to consider updating the manga list!

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

I use to turn off my NES and SNES by whipping the controller at it pretty hard. Both still work like a charm although I did have to replace the controllers eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by edczxcvbnm
    I use to turn off my NES and SNES by whipping the controller at it pretty hard. Both still work like a charm although I did have to replace the controllers eventually.
    I wonder why?

Remind me not to get you any sensitive electronic devices for a gift(if I were to every give you a gift that is).

Out of curiosity how long did those controllers last? I know my original SNES pads still work fairly well, and we tortured the poor things as little kids(think 4 or 5 years old.. and imagine how the pads must feel).

What I do know is I have never had any luck with PS pads. They fail left and right on me. Gets annoying. That is part of the reason I prefer to emulate my games on the PC. The PC pad doesn't fail anywhere near as often(read, never failed yet) as the PS pads do.

STILL Updating the anime list. . . I didn't think I was that much of an anime freak! I don't even want to consider updating the manga list!

Ominous Wanderer Tech Admin Samuraid's Avatar

I'm not surprised about the PS2; however, once simply could have snapped the panel back on the Xbox.

My 'Cube still has teeth marks in it from an unfortunate session of Viewtiful Joe. Every one of its controllers has been hurled against a wall at some time or another, and the only lasting damage done was to a third-party pad. My PS2, on the other hand, has sat on the same flat surface for four and a half years and no longer reads any disc formats.

The verdict isn't that surprising.
    "The most important and recognize player in the history of the country."

Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I were as great as Paulo Wanchope.

Im pretty sure something like this has been done before and the Nintendo came out tops in that one too, I think the Gadget show did it....

Man, I couldn't watch it all, the damn girl on it was so annoying. >.<; I'm guessing Nintendo won?

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Black Mage 121
    My 'Cube still has teeth marks in it from an unfortunate session of Viewtiful Joe. Every one of its controllers has been hurled against a wall at some time or another, and the only lasting damage done was to a third-party pad. My PS2, on the other hand, has sat on the same flat surface for four and a half years and no longer reads any disc formats.

The verdict isn't that surprising.
    You bit the console itself?! Wow! I only bite controllers.

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShunNakamura
    I wonder why?

Remind me not to get you any sensitive electronic devices for a gift(if I were to every give you a gift that is).

Out of curiosity how long did those controllers last? I know my original SNES pads still work fairly well, and we tortured the poor things as little kids(think 4 or 5 years old.. and imagine how the pads must feel).
    They lasted about 5 years or more...I think. Nintendo builds a strong product. Because I only threw the control at the console it didn't really break it or anything else. It isn't like some people who some how go through a few controllers a year. The only thing I can think of that could be done for that to happen is people jumping on the controller or taking a sledge to it.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I've never had problems with any gear except for the original PS. My girlfriend's PS2 is a wreck, but then, they had that at the same time they had a newborn/toddler. So it's not terribly surprising.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm my own MILF
    I've never had problems with any gear except for the original PS. My girlfriend's PS2 is a wreck, but then, they had that at the same time they had a newborn/toddler. So it's not terribly surprising.
    The funny thing is our PS went through young kids bashing and beating on it(it looks in poor shape now). And it worked up til a year or so ago. However, I do have issues with the PS pads ... They seem to die on me in a couple years time easy. And we don't use them hardly at all. they usually just sit by the PS out of everyones way. Man.... I may have spent more on pads then on games for that console.

Ominous Wanderer Tech Admin Samuraid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omecle
    Man, I couldn't watch it all, the damn girl on it was so annoying. >.<; I'm guessing Nintendo won?
    I think that's Morgan Webb from XPlay. Yeah, she is annoying sometimes.