Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MMOs in general, and FF11 in particular - do subscriptions get on anyones nerves?

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I got my game plus the two expansion packs for $50. :o

Get a job you hippy bum!

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

talkin to me or dmka? cos i already said i cant get a job for the same reason i wouldnt play ff11 enough to make subscribing to it worthwile.
    Chronicles of the Universe - Sons of Earth volume 1 - Bounty Hunter now at 95 pages! Ill update this sig when it gets published

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I don't really understand your point. You don't have the time or the money to make playing FFXI worthwhile. So you don't play it. That is your decision and your choice. The game itself is not to fault for that.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Quote Originally Posted by Palindroma
    I got my game plus the two expansion packs for $50. :o
    I got them all together for $30, but that's not the point here.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Quote Originally Posted by Assassin_
    talkin to me or dmka? cos i already said i cant get a job for the same reason i wouldnt play ff11 enough to make subscribing to it worthwile.
    So you're having a cry because you can't play this Final Fantasy? It was designed and made as a hardcore MMORPG, deal with it. If you can't find the money per month, and the time per month to play, then don't get it.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

May i dare sugguest WoW? Its alot more friendly to the casual player thats for sure. For hardcore fans i recommend this game.

My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

But WoW also has a monthly subscription which appears to be part of Assassin_'s dilemma.

And WoW's subscription is a few extra bucks.

30 bucks for FFXI and two expansions is hardly expensive. Even with the monthly fees and the new expansion coming out, it's still much cheaper to play FFXI than to buy a few $50-60 games.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Quote Originally Posted by Gwelenguchenkus
    30 bucks for FFXI and two expansions is hardly expensive. Even with the monthly fees and the new expansion coming out, it's still much cheaper to play FFXI than to buy a few $50-60 games.
    But you aren't taking into account all the extra crap you need to play it. I either have to have a real good computer, or need to spend tons of money on hardware upgrades, or spend all that money on all the stuff required to play it on my PS2.

Luckily I can play it ok on my system...it just looks real bad.
    I like Kung-Fu.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

My laptop is pretty mediocre and I can play FFXI on it just fine. And I don't know anyone who has had to pay tons of money for hardware upgrades. The most anyone usually has to do is upgrade their video card, and that itself is usually a good investment.

So, uh, yeah. Spending tons of money in order to play FFXI seems like a gross exaggeration considering that most people can play the game just fine without need to change a thing on their computer.

As for the people who play it on PS2, well that's their choice, and obviously they have the money to burn if they choose to get all that extra stuff in order to play it on the PS2.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychic Hornet
    FFXI is 12.95 a month, the most I've seen is $15 a month. It's really not that much. I use to bitch about it but come on it's $15.
    Well Guild WArs doesn't have a subscription fee. and with Lineage 2 you can find private servers and play for free(you download L2 from its official website).

What's amazing for me is the fact that Guild Wars doesn't charge monthly. Mainly because its showing all the big companies that do MMORPGs that you don't need a subscription fee to have a MMORPG>

Guild Wars isn't a MMORPG. Get your facts straight.

And yes, I have played it, it's relatively cheap for their servers.

Guild Wars the way its designed is not an MMORPG, its more a glorified Diablo II kinda thing from what i see.

My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3