Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: junctioning at adel

Default junctioning at adel

Ive only recently started playing the game again, i copied the save file from my old laptop, and carried on from the very end of disc 3, ive got onto disc 4, to get stuck at adel, my characters r lvl 20-40, you guys make it seem so easy to kill adel, but my characters only got like 1500k hp and meteur does alotta dmg, im low on cure's and lota magic, i need ur help guys, i dont have the time to start again. i ask if any1 could take my save file, and mayb junction my characters so that they could kill adel easy, and mayb tell me how to. ty
    i had to change the save file to a .txt file so i could upload, jus take the .txt off the end and put into ur save directory ingame, thnx in advance!!!
    Attached Files Attached Files

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

give us more information on which GFs you have and
    what magic you have junctioned. do you have the tonberry GF?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*

It looks like you have a pretty poor stock of magic. Your best hope here is that you have played a lot of cards and can refine magic from them.

Unfortunately, I have the PS1 version of FF8 so I can't try to fix your file.

Well for your characters to have 1500hp and being at level 40 it means that you have very bad junction magic or that you donīt have anything junctioned at all...

I would recommend that if you have Diablos junction the ability Enc-None and go the the island closest to hell and the island closest to heaven to draw some magic from the various draw points.

i dnt have tonberry,or doom train. isit possible to jus go back out of lunactic pandora from where i am!? i got the impression you couldnt, ya i knw im really low on magic and my junctionings suck, i can get squall 3.4k hp bt zell and quistis have like 1.8k , meteur basicly kills them off, and i have no cure magic!!! Where are the island nearest to hell and heaven? lol, im guessing u jus mean north and south of the map :P

No...

The island closest to hell is north of deling city is east of Deling city itīs a very long island.

The island closest to heaven is one of the islands near the Grandidi forest itīs smaller than the island closest to heaven and itīs east of Trabia garden i believe.

I think you can still exit Lunatic Pandora. I never tried when I played it so I could be wrong. I'm pretty sure that you can as long as you don't go to fight Adel yet.

The ICH (Island Closest to Hell) is the long penninsula on the southern-most part of the Galbadian continent. Not north of Deling City but southwest. But, knowing your Junctions are utter trash (no offense), going there won't do you any good. You will just get slaughtered, since the enemies there are always level 100.

Instead of going there, instead you will have to go to a few different places to stock up on magic. BTW, you can do this in any order. Go to the Trabia region and run around until you encounter a Gayla. Draw exactly 300 Meltdowns from it. Junction this to everyone's Vitality. Go over to the grasslands outside of Deling City and run around until you encounter a Thrustaevis; draw 300 Tornados from it. Junction this to your Strength. Now head over to Roshfall Forest (the one by Timber) and wait until you encounter a Grendel. Mug/win 15 Dragon Fins and use Diablos's ST Mag RF to refine those into 300 Doubles. Junction this to your Magic. Go to the Trabia region and wait until you encounter a Mesmerize. Get 15 Mesmerize Blades from them and use Siren's L Mag-RF to refine those into 300 Regens. Junction these to HP. You can get 300 Reflects by refining 15 Dragon Skins (win/mug from Anacondaur's by Deling City) using Leviathan's Supt Mag-RF. You can also draw them from Adamantoises on the beach by Dollet. Junction Reflect to your Spirit. If you're feeling brave you can go to the ICH with 1 character KOed and fight a Ruby Dragon. Because one character is KO, it will be tame and won't do any nasty attacks to you. So you are free to draw 300 Meteors and Flares each. You should have decent stats by now.

Get Doomtrain and Tonberry. Tonberry has really nice abilities, and Doomtrain is easily the most useful GF in the game, right next to Cerberus. To get Tonberry head over to the Centra Ruins and go until you get to the statue near the entrance. Take a couple of minutes and kill a bunch of Tonberries. They shouldn't be too hard. Have Squall and Quistis in critical; have Quistis use Micro Missiles then have Squall finish it off with a Renzokuken or two. Eventually a super Tonberry will enter. He's pretty easy. Draw 300 Full-Lifes from it if you can. Those are better than Regen for your HP.

Doomtrain is a bit trickier. First, go to Tears' Point and pick up the Soloman Ring. You need 6 Steel Pipes, Remedy+es, and Marlboro Tentacles. The Steel Pipes can be gotten from Wendigo. Use Alexander's Med LV Up ability to refine 60 (I think) Remedies into 6 Remedy+es. If you don't have enough just buy more. You can get the Marlboro Tentacles from refining Marlboro's card. That's the easiest. If you want you can try to get them from the real enemy, but cards are much easier and quicker. Then just use the Soloman Ring in the field and he will be yours. The reason Doomtrain is so awesome is that it causes nearly every status ailment in the game, including Vitality Zero.

If you got everything above then Adel should be much easier.

As usual Xurts gives more detailed info than me

An unknown quantity Disco Potato's Avatar

If you don't mind using someone else's save file, you can go to my site (it's in the sig - go to Game -> Save Files) and put save10 in your files. I didn't find it *extremely* easy to beat Adel, but I don't remember having too hard a time either

its impossible to get back, ive jus spent 2 hours trying to :P, ill go for the other save file, i knw i played the game wrong, i dont have time to do it again, i jus wana play this when im nt busy and im bored :P, thnx alot for ur help!!!

Blog Entries

didn't u save before Adels' battle or behind it? You should find Auras and fight more... I have all my characters in level 100 and I have all the latest weapons and I haven't fought Adel eheh when I'll do it, I'll kick her ass just with attacks Jokin'...

Ball of Pure being sephirothishere's Avatar

all those junctions that xurts mentioned.....are they the best junqtions you can get.....i am playin the game again and i wanna kick major ass.....

Yes, they're the best you can get. Apart from somehow managing to junction Ultima to all your stats.

Another point: when fighting Odin at Centra ruins, draw 300 triples.

They work well junctioned to your speed stat, or junctioned to strength. Yields a higher strength stat than any magic besides Ultima.
    WICKED-AWESOME SIG.

Ball of Pure being sephirothishere's Avatar

Another point: when fighting Odin at Centra ruins, draw 300 triples.

They work well junctioned to your speed stat, or junctioned to strength. Yields a higher strength stat than any magic besides Ultima.
    how can you draw 300 triples you wud barely have enough time to kill odin.....maybe you cud do it... i dunno.... i havent gone ther eyet....i am tryin to get tons of things at the minute...i still have plenty of time...