Thread: FF3 Help

FF3 Help

Okay.... I'm playing FF3 on SNes and when I get to the part where you have to take the old man the cider, I can't pick it up. (It is the cider in the room with the boy who takes the bottle to the old man, right?) How do I pick it up?

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

You are are in luck, I am a total FFVI master and happen to have a wicked apple pie recipe as well if you are interested.

Here's the order of events to get out of South Figaro:
    1) Steal the merchant's clothes in the item shop to pass the kid in the basement of the old man's house.
    2) Steal the green soldier's clothes on the upper walkway that wraps around town and relieve the soldier of duty that's standing guard south of the mansion.
    3) Go to the inn and steal the clothes from the merchant staying in one of the rooms.
    4) Go to the basement of the pub and beat the merchant's face in and you will take his cider.
    5) Return to the old man and give him his cider and he will tell you about the password to take the secret passage.

And the adventure continues...

If you need any FFVI info, check out the site my signature links to. [/shameless plug]
    Figaro Castle

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Mullet
    2) Steal the green soldier's clothes on the upper walkway that wraps around town and relieve the soldier of duty that's standing guard south of the mansion.
    In my experience, stealing the soldier outfit isn't necessary. I've played through the game a great number of times, and honestly, I've only stolen that outfit probably twice.
    SELF PROMOTING SIG

Click here to hear a few of my songs.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Then how do you get by the soldier blocking the pathway to get to the inn and pub?
    Figaro Castle

Wouldnt you like to know ;)

Holy Dragoon Kain <3 Recognized Member KoShiatar's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

There MUST be a way not to steal the green soldier's clothes, because it is known (and I can confirm it since I'm translating the script) that if you go and save Celes while you're still dressed up as a merchant, she'll greet you with these words: "Have aggressive salesmen even come this far?" (this from Japanese. I don't know what the line in the US translation is).
    Last edited by KoShiatar; 02-20-2006 at 02:11 PM.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

You can always go back and fight any merchant or soldier again and steal their clothes. Net result is that you can rescue Celes in your own clothes, a merchant's outfit or a soldier's uniform.
    Figaro Castle