Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which version?

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

What's with the x's? Anyways, compared to FF1's remake, FF2 got the better part of the deal in my opinion. It's still a relatively difficult game compared to DoS which is just a joke. Of course if you're feeling REALLY hissy about it you could always go play the NES rom.

O and for the record I've been checking Boss HP/other stats against the original version compared to the GBA, and nearly every value is the same. So no, the monsters did not get downgraded.
    There is no signature here. Move along.

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

Probably just perceptual on my part then.

FF for the Gameboy was horrible imo.
    The difficulty was lacking and the bonus dungeon with its insanely overpowered items was a joke. That entire bonus dungeon felt so out of place.

I hold the original very dear to me but the PSX Origins version has got to win hands down. It has the best aspects of the NES and Gameboy versions rolled in one.

Quote Originally Posted by Torren McHasselhoffgard III
    Probably just perceptual on my part then.
    Perhaps it has something to do with attacks doing upwards of 100 damage when the monsters have 6-50 HP in parts of the game you need to be in.
    JOY IS A BITCH, but she is so adorable!
    generated by sloganizer.net
    Kaycee says (12:06 AM):
    whos' obama?

I like the NES version if only for sentimental reasons. I remember looking forward the game being released, and reading magazine articles about it. It was a pretty sweet game back then, and a huge leap forward after playing Dragon Warrior.

Blog Entries

The best edition is without doubt the Origin (PSX) release. IMO.

I would prefer to play it on origins. I've only played it once so far on origins; not much replay value in it, except for trying a new party. I wasn't super-impressed, but the amano art was cool, and the rest of the collections. The CG was cool too, and the graphics were pretty decent, espcially the battle backgrounds.