Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shadow of the Colossus ending [SPOILERS]

Default Shadow of the Colossus ending [SPOILERS]

I finaly bought the game and beat it. But the ending had me ready to cry and sing at the same time. I alomst shed tears of joy in front of the screen when (SPOILER)the lost love comse back to life and finds that the hero was turned into a small baby boy

what did you think of the ending? Did you like it, hate it? Discuss

Prefered Ico's, But SOC's ending satisfied me.

I got it yesterday, on Colossus 13 right now, I'll tell you what I thought when I beat the game.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

The interactive segment was poignant and heartbreaking. I'm glad they tied it into ICO's story, as well.

I agree. During the actual gameplay, I was thinking "Where's the story?". But the ending really brought together the game, and I personally thought it was one of the deepest stories of the year. And I loved the music.

Must change name: NikoKun Tidus Andronicus's Avatar

Personally i liked the ending... even if it was sad... and in some way, i think this game is kindof a prequil to Ico! because the baby was born with horns... So maybe he is the first child with horns that starts the whole thing that takes place in Ico... with all those children being born with horns and all. XD

Either way, its an absolutly GREAT game! ^_~
    Wii Friends Code: 1253-3744-4913-5203
    AKA: NikoKun

He had horns? o.O I completely missed that. Is that how it tied into Ico? *never played into Ico very long*

I really loved the ending. I was a little worried as I played through the game because NOTHING was happening, but I turned it off satisfied. They also managed to please me with the final Colossi. After fighting so many gargantuan creatures, I didn't think it would impress me. But it did, and I had the most fun with that one.

I'm going to have to look around for a soundtrack (if it exists) because the music was amazing.

Must change name: NikoKun Tidus Andronicus's Avatar

I have the sound track... got it off Emule, cause i can't find it anywhere else. it should still be on there. ^_~ I'm gonna import it if I can find it! its VERY good!
    Wii Friends Code: 1253-3744-4913-5203
    AKA: NikoKun

I loved Shadow of The Colossus beyond anything

The ending was the best and most deep that I have ever seen,the story itself is simple,pure and innocent and yet very deep,emotional and dramatic.This has got to be the best game ever!

And yes the boy was in fact earlier Ico the child who was forsaken for being born with horns.And his love is the girl he freed.The reason he was reborn with horns was because it is who he is "A Cursed Child" as the priest said,but with time he will find attoment for his crime that nearly released a terrible demon

The ending was overwhelming.Its not what I wanted but its what I want to accept as its the story.
    Last edited by Ancient Seductress; 02-19-2006 at 03:55 AM.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Ancient Seductress
    And yes the boy was in fact earlier Ico the child who was forsaken for being born with horns.And his love is the girl he freed.
    Ico and Wander are totally different people, as are Yorda and Mono.

SotC takes place thousands of years prior to ICO. The horned boys in ICO are Wander's accursed progeny. By rescuing Yorda, liberating the souls of the horned boys, and slaying the Queen, Ico redeems Wander's misdeeds and ends the curse, just as Emon foretold in SotC's ending.

Yeah, that makes sence. How do you know that it took thousand of years prior to ICO? As far as I know, they never confirmed the link between ICO and SotC.

Well I feel stupid, I never finished Ico.Looks like ill have to get it again.

But then again how did you come to that conclusion.It looks to me in the begining the priest said something about the boy escaping from a curse and that A spell held by a dark power could release his love.And his name isent Wander as I never heard anyone give his name.His horse is Argo but as to his name.But the priest never fortold anything, he simply said "may you one day find atoment for what you have done"
    Last edited by Ancient Seductress; 02-19-2006 at 04:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ancient Seductress
    Well I feel stupid, I never finished Ico.Looks like ill have to get it again.

But then again how did you come to that conclusion.It looks to me in the begining the priest said something about the boy escaping from a curse and that A spell held by a dark power could release his love.And the his name isent Wander as I never heard anyone give his name.His horse is Argo but as to his name.

Thank you
    Yeah, me niether Where can you even find a copy. They're pretty rare where I live.

Where do you live?

As to being rare, you dont have to worry same here in the USA.

You can get Ico on the internet as you can get just about anything

I live in california. I can't even find a used copy at gamestop or EB. And my mom doesn't like buying things online. I'll just stick with SotC. I need to search for that soundtrack now...