Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Are you lookin forward to this game?

Default Are you lookin forward to this game?

The title says it all, share your opinion on the game and if you looking forward to it or not and reasons why.

Which FF Character Are You?

Second Character: Tidus
    Third Character: Yuffie

STILL Anti Balthier Setzer Gabianni's Avatar

Kinda, I just hope the story doesn't turn out to be shoddy. As for the secret ending...well, I'm not too fond of it already >.>;;

Gameplay..not to bothered about

~Setzer Gabianni

Quote Renmiri on FFXII
    I bitch about the game a lot, mainly for the lack of story and weak characters, but it is still the best of the series out there.
    She loves it more then X!

im looking forward to it but having douths if the gameplay is smooth to control.

and yes that secret ending was kinda dull,what the heck is that guy doing in there??

Why are you people spoiling it? Saying it has a dull ending is considered spoiling to me and so is saying "what the heck is that guy doing in there??"

I'm ready for this. Hopefully it has as great of a story as ff7.

Well, it's an FF game, so yeah

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

In an endless battle Midnight Garnet's Avatar

Yeah...its different but hopefully it'll be good.
    [center][center]
    [center]Thanks for the beautiful sig Olette~![center]

Quote Originally Posted by Crossblades
    Well, it's an FF game, so yeah
    That is exactly what I think, but it's not just a FF game its a FFVII game!

Which FF Character Are You?

Second Character: Tidus
    Third Character: Yuffie

Its a game. I like games. So I might get game. I think it might be interesting.
    The last words of Oscar Wilde, to the wallpaper in his room - "One of us has to go"

Hell yes I have dreams where I as vincent proceed to blow the heads off various people fist person style

isnt this just going to be a fp shoot em up though? i am interested just because it may reveal a bit more about the "unfinished" story in ff7......but i generally only like rpg, i am not a fan of the shoot em ups!!!

hey guys. when does this game actually come out on the ps2 then?

Its out in Japan I believe they are just puttin on the final touches for ht us.
    I haerd itll come out this summer

It looks like it'll be intresting. I personally can't wait ^_^ Yay Vinnie *waves flag*
    MySpace ^_^
    Member of the KH Trinity

Eh... I’m pretty torn. The most important thing, to me, about Final Fantasy VII was the deep, intense exploration of the human psyche. Every character had an extremely well developed back story, and autarkical personality. My favorite of these, was of course, Vincent.

With Mr. Valentine, we are not subject to nearly as much detail as a character such as Barret. While we get to experience and observe first hand certain characters develop and grow, Vincent’s history is much more of a hypothetical implication threw sparse dialog and ‘flashbacks.’ His back story became a sort of ‘fill-in-the-blank’ type of thing, and like many crazed and obsessed fans, I have developed my own in-depth thesis. I’m all about Vincent being Sephiroth’s father, and I will happily explain why to anyone who inquires.

I know, I know, okay?! Square said this, official guides say that. I know. But that’s what made Final Fantasy VII so reputed. It was a personal epic for most of us, highlighted by the ending of the game we all invested over 50 hours into. It just ended. Nothing was clarified, there was no satisfaction of a solid result. The only bit of comfort allowed to slide threw was if you sat threw the entire credit roll, (bawling, if you are like me...) To see Red XIII and his kitties overlooking a horrifically dilapidated Midgar. Even then, you are still left to wonder what happened to the characters you shared an astounding journey with. Point is, the game was something personally applicable to you, you, and that fat guy over there.

I felt the same with Advent Children, but the film succeeded wildly with keeping the characters open to interpretation. With Dirge of Cerberus, a game concentered on a singular character, will inevitably need to be specific on Vincent’s origins. Not only dispelling my own theories, but flat out denying them. Aside from setting any unanswered questions in stone, hey, they might make Vincent a downright, dislikable character.