Thread: FF XI 360 version Question

Default FF XI 360 version Question

Hi guys srry for not posting in the forums for a time i was a bit sick, but im back and i feel like buying FF XI for the Xbox 360 namely the <Treasures of Aht Urhgan> but i wanna know if its worth it how in gods name can you type messeges ? just some news i would like to know and also if i can have two profiles for 1 game and that i have to pay only 15 a month cause my Bro wants to play it to? i hope i get answers thank you all ill see you all later.

You type messages with a keyboard.

And only 1 account can be played at the same time, no matter how many characters it has on it. If you both wanted to play at the same time, then you'd need to buy two accounts (two copies of the game).

But you can have more than one character, costs 1USD extra per month.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Those...eyebrows... Recognized Member XxSephirothxX's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

You'll probably be able to get an external USB keyboard and type messages that way. It's not going to support the added features of the 360 like voice chat, since PC and PS2 gamers can't do it either. I just hope they manage to better integrate PlayOnline into the Xbox Live service.

yeah damn pay like 25 a year for gold membership and then pay an extra of 15 a month why dont they just put it together like PlayOnline is an extra for gold membership users it sucks

You can either use the onscreen keyboard *shudder* or a USB one. You could have two characters on one account, but you couldnt both be logged in at the same time. Still, if you've only got one 360 thats no real issue. Omecle already explained the price.

As for the "Why do I have to pay to play? Why isnt it covered by my Xbox Live subscription wah wah, whinge whinge" all I have to say is this. Playonline and Xbox live are run by two different companies. You cannot possible expect one fee to cover both services, not to mention the issues with different servers, the amount of maintainance etc. Im getting really sick of Xbox players whinging that they have to pay for two different things. You dont like it? Go and buy the PC version- alternatively just suck it up and pay for both, I know I do.
    Please check out my writing in the arts and writing forum!
    http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60115

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna
    You can either use the onscreen keyboard *shudder* or a USB one. You could have two characters on one account, but you couldnt both be logged in at the same time. Still, if you've only got one 360 thats no real issue. Omecle already explained the price.

As for the "Why do I have to pay to play? Why isnt it covered by my Xbox Live subscription wah wah, whinge whinge" all I have to say is this. Playonline and Xbox live are run by two different companies. You cannot possible expect one fee to cover both services, not to mention the issues with different servers, the amount of maintainance etc. Im getting really sick of Xbox players whinging that they have to pay for two different things. You dont like it? Go and buy the PC version- alternatively just suck it up and pay for both, I know I do.
    Usually companies make compromises so that there can be one fee. But both SE and microsoft wanna cash in on this.

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

It's really not that different than the PC users paying for their internet and their FFXI subscriptions.

Or LB, SE will lose money because everyone will only pay 1 more dollar for characters. We can share up to as many people as we want and dont have to pay more than a buck and lose huge.

From what i know, you dont need Xbox Live Gold to play this game, POL is seperate from Xbox Live and thats why it wasnt out in Xbox1

My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

Quote Originally Posted by Brave Heart Lion
    Or LB, SE will lose money because everyone will only pay 1 more dollar for characters. We can share up to as many people as we want and dont have to pay more than a buck and lose huge.

From what i know, you dont need Xbox Live Gold to play this game, POL is seperate from Xbox Live and thats why it wasnt out in Xbox1
    Y eah I knew that SE and microsoft made some kind of compromise and btw? How the heck does SE lose money for charging 1 dollar for an extra character?

Ah sorry i meant that more as to how people think they can log on at the same time with only one account. ;o

My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3