View Poll Results: What is the best Final Fantasy game?

Voters
107. You may not vote on this poll
  • Final Fantasy I

2 1.87%
  • Final Fantasy II

2 1.87%
  • Final Fantasy III

1 0.93%
  • Final Fantasy IV

3 2.80%
  • Final Fantasy V

1 0.93%
  • Final Fantasy VI

16 14.95%
  • Final Fantasy VII

23 21.50%
  • Final Fantasy VIII

16 14.95%
  • Final Fantasy IX

15 14.02%
  • Final Fantasy X

5 4.67%
  • Final Fantasy X-2

15 14.02%
  • Final Fantasy XI

0 0%
  • Final Fantasy Tactics

6 5.61%
  • Final Fantasy Tactics Advance

2 1.87%
  • Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles

0 0%
  • Final Fantasy Mystic Quest

0 0%
  • Final Fantasy VII: Dirge of Cerberus

0 0%
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Final Fantasy Game

Quote Originally Posted by Quartermaster Lost Number
    Some people like the old ones(first gen) some like the new. To each their own. Why do you hate FFT? Just the fighting?
    Yeah, I should've bought Final Fantasy Anthology instead.

Final Fantasy 9.

ffix.
    "I'll tell you one thing... The truly mighty ones don't flaunt their power. How can I describe it to you? The sly eagle hides its claws."
    -Zidane Tribal, Final Fantasy IX

Final Fantasy VIII cause it was the first FF I played and it also introduced me to the RPG genre.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Quote Originally Posted by Torren McHasselhoffgard III
    I'll vote for X-2 since no one else will.
    I like Kung-Fu.

'Tis a grand day when FFIX has as many votes as FFVII.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Too bad it's not today eh?
    I like Kung-Fu.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by DMKA
    Too bad it's not today eh?
    :laugh: Yeah, anytime now they'll be hords of people voting for 9. I doubt it highly. I'm suprised that FF10 has only 2 votes as of right now. Go FF7!

All of you poor sheep that played FF7 first and put it SOMEHOW ahead of FFVI I feel sorry for you. Aside from its graphics I can't find a SINGLE thing about VII better than VI. Kefka is by FAR a more devious and colorful boss. The overall storyline other than an occasional needless Flashback maintains itself better than VII which had many things that IMHO could have been left out with little or no effect on the game at all. VII in simple terms was not as fulfilling an RPG to get continual play value out of as VI is. The RPG purists here will agree with me and you poor souls who found FF VII as your first ever RPG will be left wanting.
    Noone can clearly see what I truly am nor can they see what I am not. In this I am the greatest of mysteries and noone has yet been able to solve it. If you see me you haven't seen me. If you don't see me then you might have just seen me. And in the end you are all left to wonder if I actually existed at all or if i was simply a trick played upon your feeble minds.

ffta liked it even more then ffx
    :bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:img]http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/8906/marche2qm.jpg[/img]
    Its you and me against the world....... We attack at dawn-->Sig removed for being over the 50 KB filesize limit. Please read the rules/PM a staff member if you have any questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Llanowar
    All of you poor sheep that played FF7 first and put it SOMEHOW ahead of FFVI I feel sorry for you.
    Dont act like you know better than others, FFVII was a damn good game, and Im not surprised its alot of peoples favourites. It wasnt my first FF, yet I still love the game.
    I pity you for your ignorance.

Quote Originally Posted by SiriusSpells
    What did you like about it?
    I DISliked how the characters died.
    Silly jilly ultra nuggets.
    My sig was deleted.

I just love how EVERY SINGLE PERSON who seems to claim it as the greatest game ever site the exact same few reasons as the huddled masses be4 them. I am sorry to say but a few good qualities in an RPG and repeating those a million times do not make it a great game. I have played through it and beaten it however I don't like ppl treating it like an RPG mecca simply because it was the first Mass-Advertised "Television, Radio, Internet, Etc." that everyone played and base all judgements of other games OFF of it as the Gold-standard of RPG's. I have heard countless ppl on this site bash other FF's simply because they aren't done like VII was. I have one last thing to say. GO ADLAI STEVENSON!!
    Noone can clearly see what I truly am nor can they see what I am not. In this I am the greatest of mysteries and noone has yet been able to solve it. If you see me you haven't seen me. If you don't see me then you might have just seen me. And in the end you are all left to wonder if I actually existed at all or if i was simply a trick played upon your feeble minds.

FFVII is my favorite.

FFI was a close second and FFVIII wasnt too far behond

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Dreddz
    Dont act like you know better than others, FFVII was a damn good game, and Im not surprised its alot of peoples favourites. It wasnt my first FF, yet I still love the game.
    I pity you for your ignorance.
    Oh 6 isn't that bad. But yeah, 7 seems to be more popular so...
    Quote Originally Posted by Llanowar
    I just love how EVERY SINGLE PERSON who seems to claim it as the greatest game ever site the exact same few reasons as the huddled masses be4 them. I am sorry to say but a few good qualities in an RPG and repeating those a million times do not make it a great game. I have played through it and beaten it however I don't like ppl treating it like an RPG mecca simply because it was the first Mass-Advertised "Television, Radio, Internet, Etc." that everyone played and base all judgements of other games OFF of it as the Gold-standard of RPG's. I have heard countless ppl on this site bash other FF's simply because they aren't done like VII was. I have one last thing to say. GO ADLAI STEVENSON!!
    Yeah, I didn't read all of that rant. I just couldn't. But this thread never asked for why people liked the game they did. It just ask what was the best. If you want to find the reasons why people think the way they do. Read the thread in FF8 "FF7 vs. FF8".