View Poll Results: What is the best Final Fantasy game?

Voters
107. You may not vote on this poll
  • Final Fantasy I

2 1.87%
  • Final Fantasy II

2 1.87%
  • Final Fantasy III

1 0.93%
  • Final Fantasy IV

3 2.80%
  • Final Fantasy V

1 0.93%
  • Final Fantasy VI

16 14.95%
  • Final Fantasy VII

23 21.50%
  • Final Fantasy VIII

16 14.95%
  • Final Fantasy IX

15 14.02%
  • Final Fantasy X

5 4.67%
  • Final Fantasy X-2

15 14.02%
  • Final Fantasy XI

0 0%
  • Final Fantasy Tactics

6 5.61%
  • Final Fantasy Tactics Advance

2 1.87%
  • Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles

0 0%
  • Final Fantasy Mystic Quest

0 0%
  • Final Fantasy VII: Dirge of Cerberus

0 0%
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Best Final Fantasy Game

Quote Originally Posted by Llanowar
    I just love how EVERY SINGLE PERSON who seems to claim it as the greatest game ever site the exact same few reasons as the huddled masses be4 them. I am sorry to say but a few good qualities in an RPG and repeating those a million times do not make it a great game. I have played through it and beaten it however I don't like ppl treating it like an RPG mecca simply because it was the first Mass-Advertised "Television, Radio, Internet, Etc." that everyone played and base all judgements of other games OFF of it as the Gold-standard of RPG's. I have heard countless ppl on this site bash other FF's simply because they aren't done like VII was. I have one last thing to say. GO ADLAI STEVENSON!!
    People cant constantly come up with new reasons why FFVII is a great game, I think most hold the same reasons. And I can assure you they arent because it was the first Mass-Advertised FF. I dont see how someone could stand up and say FFVII is the best because It appeared on TV. I think most ( I being one of them ) like FFVII the most because it was flipping more right switches than wrong. The Game was good. Very Good.

What I meant by the mass-advertised was that it was the first RPG put out there on a HUGE scale to the American public and MOST people *me included* have VERY strong ties to the first RPG they ever play. For me it was FFI beaten when I was 9 granted the elder cousins did a little aiding, but I can live with that. It took a GREAT game in FFVI to make me put FFI down to second spot in my FF Hall of Fame. FFVII is in a tie for third with FFII since I have finally played through it and love the different challenges it poses. Always KEY to my rating of a FF.
    Noone can clearly see what I truly am nor can they see what I am not. In this I am the greatest of mysteries and noone has yet been able to solve it. If you see me you haven't seen me. If you don't see me then you might have just seen me. And in the end you are all left to wonder if I actually existed at all or if i was simply a trick played upon your feeble minds.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

What I meant by the mass-advertised was that it was the first RPG put out there on a HUGE scale to the American public and MOST people *me included* have VERY strong ties to the first RPG they ever play. For me it was FFI beaten when I was 9 granted the elder cousins did a little aiding, but I can live with that. It took a GREAT game in FFVI to make me put FFI down to second spot in my FF Hall of Fame. FFVII is in a tie for third with FFII since I have finally played through it and love the different challenges it poses. Always KEY to my rating of a FF.
    The first one I played isn't my favorite as of right now, but I'm waiting for a Final Fantasy that might top it. The reason 7 was so "mass" advertised was because it was the first onto the playstation (which made Final Fantasy more mainstream) and did really well in the U.S. I see where you're coming from with the FF1 and FF6 though.

FFXIV Character

Shiromoto Tatsuji (Siren)

DUDE. WHY DIDN'T YOU PUT AN ALL CHOICE?! I CAN'T DECIDE! THEY ALL ROCK!!!

I seriously don't see how VII is the greatest. I have played and beaten it many times and I still get a "meh" feeling about it. To each is own I guess

Anyways, my vote goes to VI even though I really enjoy playing I - V and IX as well

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

I just love how EVERY SINGLE PERSON who seems to claim it as the greatest game ever site the exact same few reasons as the huddled masses be4 them. I am sorry to say but a few good qualities in an RPG and repeating those a million times do not make it a great game. I have played through it and beaten it however I don't like ppl treating it like an RPG mecca simply because it was the first Mass-Advertised "Television, Radio, Internet, Etc." that everyone played and base all judgements of other games OFF of it as the Gold-standard of RPG's. I have heard countless ppl on this site bash other FF's simply because they aren't done like VII was. I have one last thing to say. GO ADLAI STEVENSON!!
    A-smurfING-MEN

Still no votes for Final Fantasy I and II.

Quote Originally Posted by Crossblades
    I seriously don't see how VII is the greatest. I have played and beaten it many times and I still get a "meh" feeling about it. To each is own I guess

Anyways, my vote goes to VI even though I really enjoy playing I - V and IX as well
    My thoughts exactly

To me FF VIII and IX had deeper stories, more comical, more FOCUSED, well GUIDED, you felt the story around you.

In FFVII...............it was all about looks and Sephiroth...........and looks again......and the skills and weapons they had. That game was really more about the fighting system and enemies rather than the story. Anyway it's vague and badly GUIDED game. Too many times you feel like there's NOTHING going on

Final Fantasy X-2

credits go to atlanteay for making this cool sig for me

Final Fantasy X-2

Final Fantasy VII I never played it, cause i never bothered

Thank you so much Marluxiaswife Kairi girl!

Quote Originally Posted by tifayuna
    FFX-2
    And FFX

STILL Anti Balthier Setzer Gabianni's Avatar

For crying out loud the constant bitching gets on my tits. Yes, I am female, despite the username.

Get over yourselves some of you, this isn't an FFVII bashing thread and for the love of God why on earth has X-2 got 9 votes?!!! /rant * ahhh..felt good*

This is giving me a heart attack. I dare you x-2 fans to go out and PLAY FFVII, VI..even II.

Good God, I fear the Golden Oldies don't get any love!! xD

~Setzer Gabianni

Quote Renmiri on FFXII
    I bitch about the game a lot, mainly for the lack of story and weak characters, but it is still the best of the series out there.
    She loves it more then X!

Spot the hypocrisy in the above post.

STILL Anti Balthier Setzer Gabianni's Avatar

LOOOOL, is it because I said VII? Notice that I didn't limit it to just VII.

Want me to edit my posty lool?

~Setzer Gabianni

Quote Renmiri on FFXII
    I bitch about the game a lot, mainly for the lack of story and weak characters, but it is still the best of the series out there.
    She loves it more then X!