View Poll Results: What is the best Final Fantasy game?

Voters
107. You may not vote on this poll
  • Final Fantasy I

2 1.87%
  • Final Fantasy II

2 1.87%
  • Final Fantasy III

1 0.93%
  • Final Fantasy IV

3 2.80%
  • Final Fantasy V

1 0.93%
  • Final Fantasy VI

16 14.95%
  • Final Fantasy VII

23 21.50%
  • Final Fantasy VIII

16 14.95%
  • Final Fantasy IX

15 14.02%
  • Final Fantasy X

5 4.67%
  • Final Fantasy X-2

15 14.02%
  • Final Fantasy XI

0 0%
  • Final Fantasy Tactics

6 5.61%
  • Final Fantasy Tactics Advance

2 1.87%
  • Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles

0 0%
  • Final Fantasy Mystic Quest

0 0%
  • Final Fantasy VII: Dirge of Cerberus

0 0%
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Best Final Fantasy Game

FFXIV Character

Shiromoto Tatsuji (Siren)

I haven't voted yet and I never will...because...THERE ISN"T AN ALL BUTTON!!!

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Azure Chrysanthemum's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Setzer Gabianni and Llanowar stop trolling this thread.

And I say Final Fantasy Tactics by an extremely large margin.

The battle style requires a great deal of strategy and tactics (hence the name) and is far better than any other Final Fantasy where everyone just lines up on opposite sides of the battle and smacks each other until one side falls down.

Tactics allows for area of effect spells and charge time, both of which make the combat system that much more in-depth and enjoyable. Unlike most Final Fantasy games, it's not an easy game to play through, you're actually required to think and experiment.

The story is also amazing and well-done. It's compelling, deep, and explores both fantastical and medieval political aspects of a well-developed society quite well.

FFXIV Character

Quote Originally Posted by The Extraordinary Gentleman
    Setzer Gabianni and Llanowar stop trolling this thread.

And I say Final Fantasy Tactics by an extremely large margin.

The battle style requires a great deal of strategy and tactics (hence the name) and is far better than any other Final Fantasy where everyone just lines up on opposite sides of the battle and smacks each other until one side falls down.

Tactics allows for area of effect spells and charge time, both of which make the combat system that much more in-depth and enjoyable. Unlike most Final Fantasy games, it's not an easy game to play through, you're actually required to think and experiment.

The story is also amazing and well-done. It's compelling, deep, and explores both fantastical and medieval political aspects of a well-developed society quite well.
    Wow...I really need to borrow tactics from my friend.

is tactics worth buying then do u think guys? i have never really looked into it.

FFIX.

All the way.

For the win. <3

Followed by FFVI.
    Quote Originally Posted by yours truly
    Rinoa Heartilly & Squall Leonheart = Isabella Swan & Edward Cullen.

Don't try and argue with it. You know it's true. =O

Quote Originally Posted by ~Aqua Spirit~
    is tactics worth buying then do u think guys? i have never really looked into it.
    Yes. Just yes.
    The last words of Oscar Wilde, to the wallpaper in his room - "One of us has to go"

FFXIV Character

GET IT!!! if the member formerly known as Void says it's good, then IT IS GOOD.

FF9 was my fav. FFX is getting a bad time though!

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

I'm not even going to bother arguing with the people spouting outright BS about FFVII in this thread because it's done so often that there's no point in pointing it out any more. It's popular to hate what's popular, but when it comes right down to it, sucess determines a game's worth, and FFVII was the most sucessful. You can say it sucks and it's not the best, but which FF got a movie sequel made to it? Which FF has an online cellphone spinoff, another for PS2, and another for PSP in production? Yeah, there you go. I mean it may not be the best to you, but the closest we can come to making an absolute statement of fact on how "good" or "bad" a piece of work is is by it's sucess, making FFVII win by default.

As far as why I think FFVII is the best...well, I thought it had the best storyline as far as making me know the characters. FFVII just developed it's characters well to the point that I got to know them and absorbed all their background info right after my first playthrough. Also, it had probably the greatest range of side quests in any rpg I've played. The main baddie was awesome (just because Kefka was more evil, sadistic, and actually suceeded in destroying the world doesn't make him better in my eyes), and I have no explination as to why...I just liked him. I liked just about all the characters and their relationships with other characters, and I freaking loved the limit break/materia system. Materia, unlike most of the other games, was a system that actually tied right into the storyline, which just made it so much more awesome.

I can tell you first hand the order you played them in doesn't determine your order of favorites. Yeah I played FFVII first, and VI second, but I even like X more than VI. Even IV more than VI. I just don't think it's THAT good in comparison to the others, but I do think it's a great game, don't get me wrong. I just think it's throwing in as many characters as possible with absolutely no story to over half of them was a big weakness.

I didn't vote VII in this thread, even though I think it's the best.
    I like Kung-Fu.

But think of all the games that have sold well, but are widely acknoledged to be crap? I support VII by the way.
    The last words of Oscar Wilde, to the wallpaper in his room - "One of us has to go"

STILL Anti Balthier Setzer Gabianni's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Quartermaster Lost Number
    But think of all the games that have sold well, but are widely acknoledged to be crap? I support VII by the way.
    Anything with a FF logo sells well. Doesn't matter if i'ts crap.

~Setzer Gabianni

Quote Renmiri on FFXII
    I bitch about the game a lot, mainly for the lack of story and weak characters, but it is still the best of the series out there.
    She loves it more then X!

ie. Crystal Chronicals.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Quote Originally Posted by Quartermaster Lost Number
    There's a big difference between holding a gigantic active drooling fanbase of millions to the point of releasing a movie and new game spinoffs in all forms and profiting big from it nearly a decade later and just selling well.
    I like Kung-Fu.

:I like all the FF games Ive played! But 7 is my fav. Though I like 8, 9, x, x-2, etc. :mog:

Final Fantasy X-2 = 10 votes?! Are you people having a laugh?!