Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ultros?

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

The same way you switch positions in the menu screen. Just press confirm twice, and it should move them back.

That is, if I'm remembering it right. It's been a long time.

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Yes, the back row. If I recall, in the menu screen, if you press left or , it should bring up a small box at the top saying "order/row", with the hand on a character. If you press "A", the the character's portrait will move to the left or right. Right means back row, left means front. Press down to chage other character's positions.

Chances are, Tentacle will still kill Banon, so the best thing to do is to attack with a Blitz, Auto-Crossbow, and Fire, and hope for the best. Ultros tends to react violently whenever he talks, often with Tentacle. Also don't bother curing darkness; it doesn't affect the characters in any way.

If you are lucky, you shoud be able to kill Ultros from level 6 or higher. It doesn't matter if anyone else dies, as long as Banon doesn't die (who can't get revived anyways, so don't argue). Shouldn't be TOO difficult, even if you have level 7 characters with all 4 in the front row. (Although no one told me to power level when I played it...)

Enough levels and nothing matters. To any dispute of this, I say, "More levels!!!"

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Quote Originally Posted by TheAbominatrix
    If you've saved at the place right before Ultros, you're kind of stuck with the levels you have.

i always tried a low-level game in the beginning to maximize the use of espers.i never trained the characters before the espers arrive.what im trying to say is that,you dont need to gain a lot of levels to defeat ultros.putting banon in back row is enough.put everyone in the back row for that matter.
    "I'll tell you one thing... The truly mighty ones don't flaunt their power. How can I describe it to you? The sly eagle hides its claws."
    -Zidane Tribal, Final Fantasy IX

If you are low on levels and have a couple of tents, you can try building up on the river. I think when you are on the final path toward Ultros, pick "Straight" or "Left" when you are prompted and you should go in circles. Use Banon's Health ability to stay alive and when you think you have reached a sufficent level (probably anywhere from lv. 12-15), use a tent and save your game and try fighting Ultros. Hope this helps.

Im planning on doing some serious leveling tonight. With everyting set on memory, and Banon set on healer, all I have to do is rubber band my controller, leave it on, go beddy-bye, and Im shootin' blanks, right? (yes....I have one of those crontrollers....)
    PH33R teh Rainbow.

Taste the Rainbow

Old-Ones Studios Cruise Control's Avatar

All this is moot, but incredibly appreciated, since I just beat tunnel armor. So there will be a difference in teh charachter portraints locatoin.

WOOT! THANK Y'ALL.
    Leave some shards under the belly
    Lay some grease inside my hand
    It's a sentimental jury
    And the makings of a good plan

official beerpong champ Stayin Dizzy's Avatar

most importantly in the 1st ultros fight: notice that bannons heal all spell uses 0 magic points. he should be healing every turn

Ashy Larry-Marcy Projects-Marcy son WHAT!

Well.......the leveling plan backfired. I somehow managed to get a game over. So, I gave up, and fought Ultros at lvl 13. It was very easy.

Terra - Fire
    Sabin - Blitz/Pummel
    Edgar - AutoCrossbow
    Banon - Health
    everyone in the back row

Do those things over and over, it was easy.
    PH33R teh Rainbow.

Taste the Rainbow

Old-Ones Studios Cruise Control's Avatar

Sabin - Blitz/Pummel
    Down, Down, Left. It's superior.

Now I have a question. I'm using the right combos for advanced blitzes, but only Suplex and under are working, why?
    Last edited by Cruise Control; 02-21-2006 at 11:13 AM.
    Leave some shards under the belly
    Lay some grease inside my hand
    It's a sentimental jury
    And the makings of a good plan

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ubel
    So all your characters are around lv. 10? Well that is kinda low. My levels were Sabin:15 Terra:13 Edgar:14 Banon:11. I had leveled up earlier on.
    i think you just level up a lot because at this point my chars were around LVL 11-12 i think and also banon was only level 8 and i got through just fine. put banon in the back row and make sure the only thing that he uses is heal.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*

Quote Originally Posted by bbomber72000
    Down, Down, Left. It's superior.

Now I have a question. I'm using the right combos for advanced blitzes, but only Suplex and under are working, why?
    he hasn't learned any of the new moves yet. When he reaches a certain level it'll say after he levels up, at the top of the screen "Mastered a New Blitz" then you can use a new blitz. Until then you're stuck with the ones he knows, which is up til Suplex.

THE JACKEL

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Yeah, if Sabin could Bum Rush all game, no boss would survive past 3 turns until the WoR.

But I have to admit about DOMA I would REALLY love to smack that fleeing Clown with a good Bum Rush.

Back to whomever made the comment about trying the turbo controller leveling on the Lete River.....You need to actually stay by the controller for a few levels because Banon is as a General Rule your slowest person and as such does not get a heal off in a lot of battles.....this Early on in the LETE LEVELLING spree Can cause him to lose HP slowly but surely and die if the battles don't happen to last long enuf, or you get extremely unlucky.
    Noone can clearly see what I truly am nor can they see what I am not. In this I am the greatest of mysteries and noone has yet been able to solve it. If you see me you haven't seen me. If you don't see me then you might have just seen me. And in the end you are all left to wonder if I actually existed at all or if i was simply a trick played upon your feeble minds.