Page 55 of 59 FirstFirst ... 535454950515253545556575859 LastLast

Thread: 1572,the year of FF8.

Well, personally, I find his claims interesting. Completely unfounded, but interesting nontheless.

Future, if you wish to get us to view the big picture of your theory, I again suggest you take a sabbatical, gather your thoughts together into the best organized way you can put them (not to be insulting, but it is occasionally hard to understand what you are saying), and collect all the evidence you are able to support your claims. No holding things back, no guessing games, no nothing. Just a comprehensive essay detailing what your claim is, what evidence there is to support your claim, and how this signifigantly affects the flow of the game. Take as long as you need, write as long an essay as you like (but please, avoid being long winded for its own sake. I've seen people do that before and it's not fun to read through), and then come back and present the essay to us all for peer review, similar to the way it happens in the modern scientific community.

but you need the game and the knowledge in it to see them as true or false.
    But I also used the game.The screenshots I posted recently are from the game.
    Sorry for the downgrade.It was more of a defense against the majority.

Well, personally, I find his claims interesting. Completely unfounded, but interesting nontheless.
    Many thanks.

Future, if you wish to get us to view the big picture of your theory, I again suggest you take a sabbatical, gather your thoughts together into the best organized way you can put them (not to be insulting, but it is occasionally hard to understand what you are saying), and collect all the evidence you are able to support your claims. No holding things back, no guessing games, no nothing. Just a comprehensive essay detailing what your claim is, what evidence there is to support your claim, and how this signifigantly affects the flow of the game. Take as long as you need, write as long an essay as you like (but please, avoid being long winded for its own sake. I've seen people do that before and it's not fun to read through), and then come back and present the essay to us all for peer review, similar to the way it happens in the modern scientific community.
    Too big.It would require a website for that.
    I prefer to post each theory from time to time.
    And then link them all as I post.

Next subject:

Is Cid possessed by doc Odine?
    Waiting for your reply.
    Flo:Honey,the clock is late.Go out fix it.
    Mayor Dobe:What hours is it?
    Flo: 15:30
    Mayor Dobe:Hey do you wanna to send the Estharians to Centra or what?
    Flo:Ok,let it be on 3:45

Images removed for being utterly colossal. Please use images that conform to the size limit.

Regards,
    Big D

FFXIV Character

Shiromoto Tatsuji (Siren)

wait...were we even done with the first subject? if you have given up on proving it then we can move on, but if you are still willing to prove its viability then we should continue with it.

Will give up.

Images removed for being utterly colossal. Please use images that conform to the size limit.

Regards,
    Big D

Future, You are fronting these claims. As such, you are the one required to provide evidence and explanations. You must throw out the first salvo.

Future, You are fronting these claims. As such, you are the one required to provide evidence and explanations. You must throw out the first salvo.
    Well, he give up, now to the next topic and to live a little more out there

That's what I'm talking about. He's asking US to make the first salvo for the next topic. However, as the one making this new claim, HE is the one who must start it by presenting his evidence for the idea. If he cannot, then his claim fails by default.

FFXIV Character

Shiromoto Tatsuji (Siren)

Well, i think he wants us to explain our answer for the question of the topic at hand.

I don't think that Cid was possessed by Dr. Odine. This is because if he was the stroyline would be off. There would have been some hint that he did, a misquote like his accent came into Cid's voice at some point, Cid walking the way Odine does for a second, some mistake to give the hint that he did in fact possess Cid at some point. I haven't seen one so that is one reason down the drain.

Another, why would he do it? Doctor Odine is a manufacturerer and inventor of magical products, even ones that can suppress a sorceress' powers. He can't be working for Ulti or Adel or even Edea thanks to this fact. He wouldn't want to be ruler of the world or any powerful being. He would have mentioned something. Remember, every game doesn't leave anything unanswered really. The only explanation that he would do it is to lead the players on, but the question is why? He has no plan, no intention what so ever of killing them.

Now on to the big question here, how would Dr. Odine even have the capability of possessing anybody? We have already proved that he can not in several of these pages of this thread. FE you should be able to recall them. Also, ppl in other threads of FE's have proven that he can't use the Ellone machine thing to possess anyone. I would post more, but I need to go.

I always thought the machine possess people automatically.
    It was implied on the game.
    But do you think it only enables to see the past,not possessing therefore requiring magic to do it?
    I can prove you wrong with a single event on Winhill.This event is optional,thatīs why you probably never triggered it.And it is an EVENT,not a picture(it even involves dialogue).
    And you are wrong.Many traces of Odineīs personality can be seen on Cid.Even gestures and movements are copied.The physical similarity is also the same.In fact I use these characteristics to find Odineīs appearances through the world.

Regards,
    Big D

Well, lets hear that event, and see if we played it

Yeah, I'm also look forward to see this, because I never heard of such event. And wow! I've been away for so long of this thread, and I never thought that this went too far...

I donīt remember how to trigger the event but it hapens when Laguna try to take another path back to the town square.
    Laguna says:"I usually donīt take this path.It is the fairies again" or something along those lines.
    I donīt know how you forgot this scene.

Regards,
    Big D

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

That small dialogue is indeed spoken, but I'd say it's too short to be called an event. The "faeries" can't influence them enough to make them do something they didn't.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

The "faeries" are Squall and whoever else is at that point being sent inside Laguna and Co via Ellone. Nothing to do with Odine.

And pray tell, what stunning physical similarities are there between Odine and Cid which lets you deduce that Cid is being possessed by Odine?

The "faeries" are Squall and whoever else is at that point being sent inside Laguna and Co via Ellone. Nothing to do with Odine.
    Agree, also, later on Laguna tells Squall they sensed something like fairies, giving them powers (Ellone sending conciusness of the team to the past trying to change the past, something that cannot happen).

Next, thats not really so optional, it really happens al the times you play through that scene, and its not a event, is just a plothole (resolved later thanks to Ellone and Laguna)