Page 13 of 59 FirstFirst ... 3789101112131415161718192333 ... LastLast

Thread: 1572,the year of FF8.

damn you it was too easy ill get a different one but ok sorry
    the game of deaths is mine to play but the game of life belongs to another entirely

Quote Originally Posted by dante the demon prince
    damn you it was too easy ill get a different one but ok sorry
    Heh, no problem. Just don't think that I know anyone else with a sword of that length.

does any one no more about...that

at some point in the game when someone is talking abut the sorcerus wars someone throws a date out once or twice i belive. i dont think at those times they actully come out with the year but i do belive they say it was so many years ago and i think there is some relation with the makeing of the gardens and the sorc war

Any more info???

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

The Sorceress Wars ended 17 years ago. At the same time, Esthar was closed and radio intereference began due to Adel's sealing.

The major Gardens (Trabia, Balamb, Galbadia) were all founded 12 years ago.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by crazybayman
    If that many lunar crys were to occur, each one drastically changing the topography of the planet, then all life on that planet would be destroyed. And 4000 years is NOT enough time for all life (including humans) to come back, and flourish in those numbers. Consecutive lunar cries that can alter the topagraphy of a planet would literally destroy the planet. Earth (or Gaia, or whatever its called) would probably be something like Mars.

Therefore, worlds of FFVII and FFVIII are completely different.
    It depends on how many humans such a maneuver would destroy. Recall the utter destruction that occurred when Kefka moved the statues around in FFVI; the entire world map was changed. Some humans did survive; it's a mystery how many, due to the small scale of the game world, but there's apparently enough to build a future off of. Even if the human race got busted back to only a few hundred million survivors, the birth rate over the last 250 years seems encouraging:

http://www.prb.org/Content/Navigatio...ers_Guide1.htm

Judging from that, humanity should be able to not only have its act well in hand after 4000 years, but actually have advanced noticeably beyond the stage at which the disaster occurred. However, as the Lunar Cry did not alter the world map in any perceptible way when it occurred in FFVIII, their sheer infrequency goes against FE's theory...that and basically everything else in the entire game.

You can also take a look at this U.N. population report showing similar figures:

http://www.un.org/esa/population/pub...ixbilpart1.pdf

However, as the Lunar Cry did not alter the world map in any perceptible way when it occurred in FFVIII, their sheer infrequency goes against FE's theory

How do you know they didn´t alter?

The one we saw on Esthar don´t produced craters because the Estharians cleverly prevented it using energy fields.
    Flo:Honey,the clock is late.Go out fix it.
    Mayor Dobe:What hours is it?
    Flo: 15:30
    Mayor Dobe:Hey do you wanna to send the Estharians to Centra or what?
    Flo:Ok,let it be on 3:45

Images removed for being utterly colossal. Please use images that conform to the size limit.

Regards,
    Big D

So, they could save their landscapes, but they thought that was more important than their people? As I recall, Esthar was more or less overrun as a result of the Lunar Cry. Besides, the Lunar Cry has nothing to do with geography; except the destruction wrought by the larger monsters, the only effect that it has is to pour monsters down onto the planet.
    -Q

Oh,my God I always thought it was common knowledge that the different craters worldwide were the result of the Lunar Cry.
    Flo:Honey,the clock is late.Go out fix it.
    Mayor Dobe:What hours is it?
    Flo: 15:30
    Mayor Dobe:Hey do you wanna to send the Estharians to Centra or what?
    Flo:Ok,let it be on 3:45

Images removed for being utterly colossal. Please use images that conform to the size limit.

Regards,
    Big D

Quote Originally Posted by Future Esthar
    Oh,my God I always thought it was common knowledge that the different craters worldwide were the result of the Lunar Cry.
    I know that FF8 is a different world from ours, you know, sometimes they also have normal meteors falling down(those are the ones not containing of monsters).

Bowchica Bow Wow... Omnislash07's Avatar
    OMG I DID IT!!! I finally prooved FE wrong without a doubt.

Okay in the above picture you clearly show your "time walls" or whatever and you say that nothing except for the specific time traveling vehicles can get through the "walls". So how do the missles get from the Gabaldia Missle Base to Balamb Garden? and also to Trabia Garden? Wouldnt the missles launch but then go to the wrong time or whatever?

People at the Lunar base weren´t really spotting the moon.
    They were on Space but on the PAST.
    They thought they were spotting the moon but they were really spotting the planet.They were on Trabia +Balamb era on the exact moment in which the Fire Cavern vulcan boiled down.
    In fact the Trabia region goes completely around the Balamb continent.
    Okay FE you are saying that people smart enough to travel into space are too stupid to realize that they arent looking at the moon and are actually looking at the planet they just came from...right. When they go into space there is a moon and there is their planet, how stupid would you have to be to mix up the 2. You are telling us that these super inteligent people can build holographic walls seperating "eras" and go into outer space but they cant tell the differance between their planet and the moon.
    Doc "But I'm a pacifist, I don't believe in violence"
    Caboose "Your a thing babies suck on?"
    Tucker "No thats a pedophile"

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Future Esthar
    How do you know they didn´t alter?

The one we saw on Esthar don´t produced craters because the Estharians cleverly prevented it using energy fields.
    It didn't alter the map because there isn't any noticeable change to the terrain. You've also got no proof that any such energy fields exist, any more than Balamb is Dollet or Deling City is Midgar or whatever.

FFXIV Character

Shiromoto Tatsuji (Siren)

Ok i'd like to know what the u guys are talkin about.

Bowchica Bow Wow... Omnislash07's Avatar

This http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=73702 will tell you some about what we are talkin about and there are some links to other threads in that thread that will help you understand...or at least get the general idea of how crazy FE's claims are
    Doc "But I'm a pacifist, I don't believe in violence"
    Caboose "Your a thing babies suck on?"
    Tucker "No thats a pedophile"

FFXIV Character

I see...I'm new and so far these theories are astounding! I get the general idea but does this mean that the gardens are able to time travel as well?

FFXIV Character

Or any vehicle that can cross to different continents for that matter?