Page 9 of 59 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151929 ... LastLast

Thread: 1572,the year of FF8.

As regards the script on Raine's grave, it's difficult to determine precisely what is depicted. This is similar to the infamous "helmet of JENOVA" in FFVII, a situation that led many fans to attempt to make out the inscription on said helmet. As this scene (like the helmet scene) does not depict the image with the clarity necessary to accurately read the relevant characters, it's impossible (on the scene alone) to determine the import of the inscription below Raine's name. As such, it cannot be conclusively argued that FFVIII takes place in 1572 (relative to its own dating system), but it cannot be disproved either.

Quote Originally Posted by MJN SEIFER
    All I know is that FVIII is set 1000 years after FFVII...
    This is untrue, actually. There is literally nothing to support such a supposition, and there are a vast number of continuity errors that necessarily follow a mere 1000 year gap. To use one prominent example, all vestiges of FFVII have been completely removed; there is no cultural or archaelogical evidence of any type that indicates FFVII took place. This is problematic in its own right, but even moreso when one considers that in FFVIII the Centra civilization can be traced back 4000 years! Even if one were to set FFVIII to an alternate universe/spatial remove from FFVII (which I don't think you were doing), it remains that absolutely nothing has ever been officially disseminated, whether in game, document, or interview, that would suggest this concept.

As no definite dates are present in FFVII (only relative times: 500 years later, 2000 years prior, and such), the above suppostion wouldn't lend support nor undermine the initial theory anyway.

way to ruin the fun, masamune ^_^

Thank you Hysterian!

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse1
    How about we stop the FE bashing in this particular thread since this could actually make sense.
    Ok i took a closer look at that thing and it says 1590-1555. (MDXC-MDLV) Though in the MDLV i'm not so sure that was a D and the V was lopsided. If you flip them around, Raine was 35, which sounds about right. I don't know why they're flipped around, but it's the only thing that makes sense right now.
    I see this. Is time in the world of Final Fantasy VIII in reverse? That isn't so strange, just different from our own concept of the movement of time. Is this how you saw it?

It looks fine, the C looked a little fragmented, maybe due to weathering. Wow, you really notice stuff!

I also see Future Esthar's date too though! The i is fragmented it seems.

Oddly enough, Raine could be 34 when she died according to both of those.

Which date is correct?!?
    Last edited by *__*); 10-10-2005 at 04:04 AM.

cool

Didn&#180;t notice that.Interesting.

My computer run into problems recently.That&#180;s why I hadn&#180;t appeared.

It is still being fixed.I am replying from school.
    Flo:Honey,the clock is late.Go out fix it.
    Mayor Dobe:What hours is it?
    Flo: 15:30
    Mayor Dobe:Hey do you wanna to send the Estharians to Centra or what?
    Flo:Ok,let it be on 3:45

Images removed for being utterly colossal. Please use images that conform to the size limit.

Regards,
    Big D

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Masamune∙1600
    This is untrue, actually. There is literally nothing to support such a supposition, and there are a vast number of continuity errors that necessarily follow a mere 1000 year gap. To use one prominent example, all vestiges of FFVII have been completely removed; there is no cultural or archaelogical evidence of any type that indicates FFVII took place. This is problematic in its own right, but even moreso when one considers that in FFVIII the Centra civilization can be traced back 4000 years! Even if one were to set FFVIII to an alternate universe/spatial remove from FFVII (which I don't think you were doing), it remains that absolutely nothing has ever been officially disseminated, whether in game, document, or interview, that would suggest this concept.

As no definite dates are present in FFVII (only relative times: 500 years later, 2000 years prior, and such), the above suppostion wouldn't lend support nor undermine the initial theory anyway.
    It is true - I heard from Sqaure

and there are "cultural or archaelogical evidence"!!

The first word looks messed up. If you look at the first letter, im assuming that its supposed to be one. It looks like, if we're taking it that its supposed to be a letter, that its supposed to be an m. But the second leg of it is broken up into two dots. So if your going to join those dots to get an m, and you do the same with the last letter, then you would have a c. So the first word looks like either moHc, mokc, or moxc. And the second word definitely looks like Holy to me.
    Last edited by Anaisa; 12-27-2005 at 11:03 PM.

It is true - I heard from Sqaure

and there are "cultural or archaelogical evidence"!!
    There's no point in resorting to a lie; the very idea of the connection is inherently contradictory. For Square/Square Enix's part, nothing regarding such a connection has ever been released.

Cultural/archaelogical evidence would refer to anything in FFVIII that suggests that it takes place on Gaia, the planet of FFVII. In a mere 1000 years, all traces of the culture of FFVII would have had to disappear (one might note, for example, that mention is never made of, say, Midgar); moreover, the continents would have shifted dramatically. This is wholly unrealistic within a 1000 year period; more importantly, FFVIII is able to trace its history back at least 4000 years (based on the Centra civilization). As history can be traced back that far, the entire known timeline of FFVII would have to be incorporated into FFVIII. Quite obviously, your theory doesn't work.

Blog Entries

(one might note, for example, that mention is never made of, say, Midgar)
    But there are hints of it being there.

It's not lies it's just what I HEARD SQAURE SAY!! If I get a hold of that clip I'll be sure to send it you

Midgar was removed threw Holy and Meteor it is close to where Gakbadia is.

But all will be revield in another post.

the only midgar of final fantasy 8 is Deling City
    and some final fantasy shows this same big city type place
    in 9 there was Treno
    10 wasnt Gaia...

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Spykus Hallideus (Cerberus)

I reckon that Each Final Fantasy is set in the same world but on different times.

Another thing, if square deny it then it aint true.

LET THE HAMMER FALL

But there are hints of it being there.
    Midgar was removed threw Holy and Meteor it is close to where Gakbadia is.
    Midgar wasn't "removed" by Holy and Meteor; major Advent Children -and- Dirge of Cerberus SpoilersMuch of the action of AC, including the climactic battle against the returned Sephiroth, takes place in the ruins of Midgar. Also, the DG Soldiers of Dirge of Cerberus were trapped under Midgar by Meteor, yet are able to return to the surface.

You also neglect to consider that the recorded history of FFVIII stretches back at least 4000 years, forcing it to contain the entirety of the FFVII backstory and main plot. This, quite clearly, leads to a number of contradictions and gaps. For example, the Centra civilization does not exist on Gaia, whereas it is a pivotal part of FFVIII's backstory. One might also note that there are massive and irreconcilable differences in physical geography. Moreover, there is no indication that the Gaian Lifestream exists in the world of FFVIII; this is very significant, as the planet cannot exist without the Lifestream.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I think what we have here, is pretty much a case for ff8 and ff7 being totally separate worlds? DDD

Exactly.

Blog Entries

Cetra/Centra was a misstranslation on some versions (In the version I played it corrected though) And Dissagreeing with Sqaure is pointless.