Page 2 of 59 FirstFirst 12345678122252 ... LastLast

Thread: 1572,the year of FF8.

Quote Originally Posted by G SpOtZ
    i have questions.

how does this affect anything? is it just a random lil thing that you think you figured out even though it probably doesn't say anything at all? i don't understand where youre going with this but it better not be another messed up insane stupid theory that EVERYBODY is going to hate you AGAIN for.
    I wouldnt be so quick to judge this one. The jury's still out, and unless u can prove Future wrong, Id hold my tongue. The date at which the game occured could provide more insight to the game overall. THAT'S what it affects.
    My aunt bought me three games that I already had for my birthday. One of them was FFX. Now I dont know which disc to play on!

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

I think the only specific dates given in the game are in the Deep Sea Research Center, and there's no way of knowing if they used the same calender or how it even worked. If their years are the same as the rest of the world, it took them over 1200 years to research the deposit!

3015 Deep Sea Research Center found a strong energy field
    4127 Travel possible by underwater tower
    4141 Deep Sea Research Center named Deep Sea Deposit
    4242 Deep Sea Research Center sealed off Deep Sea Deposit

Quote Originally Posted by CaladBolgLionHeart
    Quote Originally Posted by G SpOtZ
    i have questions.

how does this affect anything? is it just a random lil thing that you think you figured out even though it probably doesn't say anything at all? i don't understand where youre going with this but it better not be another messed up insane stupid theory that EVERYBODY is going to hate you AGAIN for.
    I wouldnt be so quick to judge this one. The jury's still out, and unless u can prove Future wrong, Id hold my tongue. The date at which the game occured could provide more insight to the game overall. THAT'S what it affects.
    hey, i only asked questions, i didn't exactly judge yet. i still don't understand what it affects though.

Thank you Hysterian!

Oh no.

I have a BAD feeling about this. FE is soon probably going to change his mind and tell us how the year 1555 is important year that will change our aspects to FF 8. Maybe its a theory how there actually was a situation like FF 8 in Italy during the years 1555 and 1572 or something and then all of a sudden all those flying Gardens and magic and stuff were wiped out by the martians who wanted to revenge because we stole their monsters.....

LOL. That went a bit over board. By the way, I STILL think its says MOXCI MOLY.
    "Right is right, right? Then what is left?!"

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

FEs probly right on this one but FF8 is a different world so the year could be 1555. does that mean jesus visited them before us or something.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*

Ok so how do we know the world of FF8 started it's calanders at the same time as us?

There is no mention of Jesus or Christianity in the game, and that is what we base our calanders on in the Western World (or at least New Zealand)

The year 0 for that world could be the year 2902 here, or anything else for that matter.

So even if it is 1587 or whatever, it can't be compared to our calander anyway.
    :mario::luigi:

2005, the year no one gives a damn.

Quote Originally Posted by BG-57
    I think the only specific dates given in the game are in the Deep Sea Research Center, and there's no way of knowing if they used the same calender or how it even worked. If their years are the same as the rest of the world, it took them over 1200 years to research the deposit!

3015 Deep Sea Research Center found a strong energy field
    4127 Travel possible by underwater tower
    4141 Deep Sea Research Center named Deep Sea Deposit
    4242 Deep Sea Research Center sealed off Deep Sea Deposit
    Well, if this is the case, the date on Raine's grave certainly is NOT 1555.
    You can't even pick out what it is. Maybe the inscriptions on the grave are an ancient numeric system, which is NOT the same as the Roman numerals, meaning the characters could mean ANYTHING. Why would they be the same as Roman Numerals, of all things? As was stated, this is a completely different world. Even though they do speak english, and use the same modern numeric system as us, that doesn't mean that Roman numerals are inscribed on people's graves, indicating date of birth and death.

And no G Spotz, there is no point to this .
    WICKED-AWESOME SIG.

There are Roman numerals on Ultis castle.The only difference is that 4 is not IV but IIII.
    Flo:Honey,the clock is late.Go out fix it.
    Mayor Dobe:What hours is it?
    Flo: 15:30
    Mayor Dobe:Hey do you wanna to send the Estharians to Centra or what?
    Flo:Ok,let it be on 3:45

Images removed for being utterly colossal. Please use images that conform to the size limit.

Regards,
    Big D

just like in ff7 at temple of the ancients.

Thank you Hysterian!

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Rikku
    Does that mean shes from Rome?
    xD
    Are you sure it doesnt say MOLY? Oh well if you have picture proof you have picture proof as much as I dont want to admit it.
    Last edited by Destai; 09-16-2005 at 09:04 PM.

I don´t put much importance to this thread either.

Images removed for being utterly colossal. Please use images that conform to the size limit.

Regards,
    Big D

Quote Originally Posted by Destai
    xD
    Are you sure it doesnt say MOLY? Oh well if you have picture proof you have picture proof as much as I dont want to admit it.
    Actually, the creators of FFVIII meant for it to say MOLY. They knew it was but a letter off "MOLDY". And we both know what that means; THAT RINOA, JULIA, ELLONE, ADEL, ULTIMECIA, EDEA, SELPHIE, QUISTIS, AND MA DINCHT ARE ALL THE SAME PERSON FROM DIFFERENT POINTS IN TIME BROUGHT TOGETHER IN THE YEAR 1572 TO FIGHT OFF THE FORCES OF EVIL!

Quote Originally Posted by Del Mordor
    Quote Originally Posted by Destai
    xD
    Actually, the creators of FFVIII meant for it to say MOLY. They knew it was but a letter off "MOLDY". And we both know what that means; THAT RINOA, JULIA, ELLONE, ADEL, ULTIMECIA, EDEA, SELPHIE, QUISTIS, AND MA DINCHT ARE ALL THE SAME PERSON FROM DIFFERENT POINTS IN TIME BROUGHT TOGETHER IN THE YEAR 1572 TO FIGHT OFF THE FORCES OF EVIL!

OMFG!! HE'S RIGHT!! IT ALL MAKES SENSE IN A WAY IT NEVER DID BEFORE!!
    Formerly: Autumn Rain

What did the word "Moldy" means?

Some humor:

They were brought to kill Vinzer Deling.
    However he is an Immortal (like Duncan Mcleoud) and only Squall´s blade can kill him (by cutting his neck).
    Hence the ploy they all make toward Squall.
    The objectif is to stop his tiranny which were prophesized by ancient civilizations.
    His tiranny also made some people on the future suffer (he is still alive).
    However Squall´s blade only exist around his time.It was supposed to be breakened somehow.His sword(gunblade or watever ) is sacred.LOL

Regards,
    Big D