Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leon

Default Leon

I have beaten this game 1 and a half times so far (beat it right when it came out, got 100% everything, now beating again because I am so excited for KH2) but something has been bothering me.
    Why does Squall insist on being called Leon. I have played and beaten tons of final fantasys but I never liked FF8 so I never finished it, does it originate in something from that game? I would just like to know as this has always bothered me, if anyone does know.
    Thanks.

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

It comes from his last name, Leonheart. In the Kingdom Hearts universe, he has failed someone or a lot of someones, and thus does not want to be called by his real name.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAbominatrix
    It comes from his last name, Leonheart. In the Kingdom Hearts universe, he has failed someone or a lot of someones, and thus does not want to be called by his real name.
    Stole the words right from my fingers.

Heh thanks guys, I was always under the impression that his name was Lionheart as opposed to Leonheart since thats the name of the Keyblade and the thing in FF8.

Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Lionheart is the name of one of his attacks (whatever the Limit Breaks are called in VIII, I cant remember). It's a tad confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAbominatrix
    Lionheart is the name of one of his attacks (whatever the Limit Breaks are called in VIII, I cant remember). It's a tad confusing.
    They're called "Limit Breaks" in VIII.

Not much more confusing than the Ultima Weapon/Ultimate WEAPON stuff from VII.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Gaze Upon the Mega Man! JackNapier's Avatar

He also has a lion pendant hanging around his neck. Maybe Leonhart was a typo and they decided to stick with it.

I don't mind calling him Squall or Leon
    Offline/Online

If it was Squall Leonhart in VIII, then is it Leon Squallhart in Kingdom Hearts? Just wondering.
    Let's kick Emerald Weapon's arse with Vincent's Death Penalty in one shot!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cXfeCC6_ac

Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

His name in the Kingdom Hearts universe is Squall Leonheart, same as in the VIII universe. He simply insists on being called Leon.

he doesn't want to be attatched to whatever mistake/failure happened, so he 'changed' his name, by insisting on eing called Leon rather than Squall. also, in Kingdom Hearts near the beginning of the game, Yuffie calls him Squall, to which he replies 'it's Leon'

so he hasn't changed his name really

Blog Entries

squall didn't save his destroyed world so he was discusted with himself and then he insisted on being called leon.

Maybe we will find out in KH2 as he is in that aswell...

Quote Originally Posted by leader of mortals
    squall didn't save his destroyed world so he was discusted with himself and then he insisted on being called leon.
    exactly what i was gonna type...am i late?err nevermind im not late

Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

From wikipedia:

Squall also appears as a non-player character in Kingdom Hearts, although he looks to have aged a few years and he goes by the name Leon (though Yuffie occasionally refers to him as Squall, much to his annoyance). "Leon" is voiced by David Boreanaz in the English language version of the game and Hideo Ishikawa in the Japanese version. He assumes the name Leon because he was unable to protect those he cares about from the Heartless when his world was consumed in darkness. He would go by his real name once the Heartless are defeated for good and his world restored.
    Hope that answers everyone's questions.