Thread: Where do the scenes take place? *Spoilers*

Default Where do the scenes take place? *Spoilers*

Places like where Bahamut attacked the city, Kadaj and children going into a lake, etc...where are these places at according to the videogame? It's probably said in the movie but I slept(not literally) through the subtitles.

Score: 0 out of 2 Dignified Pauper's Avatar

i believe the city was Midgar, the forest looked vaguely reminiscent of the Sleeping Forest (or rather the City of the Ancienty, if you look at the architecture.)

Yeah, Reno/Rude said that Kadaj had gone to "the Forgotten Capital," which is the City of the Ancients and the forest area that surrounds it.
    don't wake me, I plan on sleeping in

The city where Bahamut TREMOR attacked was actually the aptly named Edge, built on the outskirts of ruined Midgar.

The children were taken to the Forgotten Capital.

Quote Originally Posted by Masamune·1600
    The city where Bahamut TREMOR attacked was actually the aptly named Edge, built on the outskirts of ruined Midgar.

The children were taken to the Forgotten Capital.
    Where do you get that from? I'm not disputing it, just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Such Great Heights
    Where do you get that from? I'm not disputing it, just curious.
    Its explained in the movie
    Heres a link with info
    http://www.answers.com/topic/final-f...dvent-children
    The survivors of Midgar have begun to build a new home on the edge of the city, aptly named 'Edge'. In the center is a monument to Midgar's destruction - Meteor

That's not really an official site, though the idea of a "new" Midgar is logical.

Kazushige Nojima, responsible for the story behind Advent Children, wrote a breif novella called On the Way to a Smile. In addition to providing, among other things, a massive amount of background information on Denzel, On the Way to a Smile explicitly refers to the new city as Edge.

Quote Originally Posted by -On the Way to a Smile-, Episode 1-1
    Grabbing whatever belongings they could carry, the citizens fled from the city. But they couldn't leave behind their city of steel. Maybe they thought that if they were close to it, near that monument of prosperity, they might recapture it once again. Soon after, the city of Edge was built adjacent to Midgar.
    This is only one example of several official references to the city as Edge.
    Last edited by Masamune·1600; 02-27-2006 at 01:30 AM.

I see! Thanks. What's a good resource for the novella? It sounds very interesting.

Master of the Universe Lord Magician's Avatar

How the hell did Cloud get to the Forgotten Capital on a Motorcycle???

~In our hearts...lies evil~
    Full Credit for this awesome sig goes to Ultima88! Thanks Man!
    98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot.
    If you're one of the 2% that hasn't, copy & paste this into your signature.

GOT MILK?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magician
    How the hell did Cloud get to the Forgotten Capital on a Motorcycle???
    Your asking for AC to actually be logical and Coherent? didn't the creator of this thread state that he didn't really pay attention to the subtitles, yet I would wager he enjoyed the movie. AC's strong point isn't plot, storytelling, or character development. It's ripping off the cinematic stylings of anime and HK cinema while presenting as much FFVII fan service as possible.

IT's THE GREATEST MOVIE EVER! Right after Phantom Menace that is.

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Azure Chrysanthemum's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Ishin Ookami, I think we've established that you disliked Advent Children, with ample reasons why. There's no need to troll these threads. Please stop.

I think We've established others did like Advent, yet there's no reason for them to post their opinions either is there? oh wait a minute, this is a message board isn't it? Oh bugger, guess we're all just gonna have to get used to differing opinions.

Being realistic for a moment, differing opinions are gonna happen. And so long as the people who retain those opinions are respected, then there isn't a problem is there?

Quote Originally Posted by Ishin Ookami
    I think We've established others did like Advent, yet there's no reason for them to post their opinions either is there? oh wait a minute, this is a message board isn't it? Oh bugger, guess we're all just gonna have to get used to differing opinions.

Being realistic for a moment, differing opinions are gonna happen. And so long as the people who retain those opinions are respected, then there isn't a problem is there?
    There's a difference between having opposite opinions from others and being overly annoying in conveying an opinion.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Azure Chrysanthemum's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

There's a difference between expressing opinions and trolling. You are trolling, saying things to rile people up and insult the fans of the movie. We do not tolerate that on this forum.