Thread: Best game guide out there?

Default Best game guide out there?

I recently bought the Brady guide for this game and find it to be horrible for the purpose of finding all the items and secrets. Not to mention that the Playonline guide is not very printer friendly...

So which gamefaqs guide is worth using and printing out?
    I really hate missing items and secrets during rpgs and would like to use a walkthrough for this purpose.

Thanks in advance. :mog:

Use a combination of the walkthroughs by A I e x, ATadeo and TestaALT, and Rebirth Flame's Equipment Location List and Miss-able Items FAQ.

None of them are entirely perfect, but the most complete is Atomos199's Excalibur II Perfect Game Guide, but that doesn't cover the sidequests.

Or get the european FF IX guide

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

Quote Originally Posted by Crossblades
    Or get the european FF IX guide
    Whats so different about it?
    And where can i find one of these?

Quote Originally Posted by Carmilla
    Whats so different about it?
    And where can i find one of these?
    I don't own one, but from what I've seen on the net, it's explains everything and doesn't tell you to go to playonline.

Full step-by-step walkthrough to guide you safely through the greatest adventure of your life

Detailed map screenshots showing the location of all items and save points

Convenient use of coloured text defining where items are found (red) and used (blue)

Comprehensive information on all monsters … and the best strategies to defeat them

Thorough explanation of the Final Fantasy® IX game system: Abilities, Magic, Status Effects, the Tetra Master card game, Weapons, Armour, Items and Synthesis Shops

You could only find these on ebay
    Last edited by Crossblades; 02-22-2006 at 03:41 AM.

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

Since you quoted the Piggyback guide book im assuming thats the European one youre talking about.
    Piggyback is the UK name of Bradys guides.

The piggyback guide is full of references to PlayOnline. Use the ones on GameFAQs. They're free and contain all the information you need.

Yes gamefaqs is always the best place for guides, but my computer is no where near my PS2.
    Thats why i need a good guide to print out, and i dont know which of the 10+ guides are good.

Thats A LOT of ink and paper for those gamefaq guides.

I own the FFIX's game guide, I dont buy game guides, but I asked my Mum to buy FFIX when she was at work and she bourght the game guide as well. Its the Piggyback European version, its really good, I explains everything except for Ozma, it explains how to get to it, but dosent explain how to beat it.

Dreddz, does the Piggyback guide have detailed maps and locations of items and secrets, etc?

I dont buy guides for strats or boss battles. I get em for maps and where to find those hard to find items.

Ok, my printer is out of black ink... so printing up the gamefaqs guide would cost me like $30 in cartridges.

I then decided to go out on a limb and i just bought the Piggyback guide off of ebay for like $42. Darn UK prices!

So if this guide turns out to be garbage, like Bradys, than i will personally stuff coal inside all of your stockings next Christmas.