Thread: Tunnel Armor

Default Tunnel Armor

Normally, I do what the game wants: have Celes runic its spells while Locke hammers away at it. However, on this play through, I tried to get by without doing any shopping. I've also basically blown through the rest of the game up to this point (Locke's scenario), skipping the treasures. The problem now is that this leaves Celes without a weapon, so runic can't be used. With the Empire blocking off Mt. Kolts and South Figaro, Figaro Cave is the only place left to go. So, my questions:

1. Can I find something there for Celes to use Runic with?
    2. Can Tunnel Armor be defeated without Runic?

There should be a sword somewhere in the cave. Good luck defeating him without it.
    Sigless

you could level up your characters like crazy, then they might not need runic
    Normally I don't advertise or spam for stuff, but i've decided to set my cause to help a needy forum! so come and join http://s13.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_...ex.php?act=idx

there is a regal cutlass in the basement of south figaro.im not quite sure,though,if you can still go back after you leave south figaro.
    "I'll tell you one thing... The truly mighty ones don't flaunt their power. How can I describe it to you? The sly eagle hides its claws."
    -Zidane Tribal, Final Fantasy IX

Well, I couldn't find a sword anywhere. Celes and Locke were at level 13. Celes used Ice if above 300 HP and Cure when below. Locke just used tonics and potions the whole time. He also had a Black Belt on. By luck, Tunnel Armor's magic attacks were aimed at both characters. I got by it with Locke at 3 HP. Thank you for your help.

Default alternate to equipping a weapon against TunnelArmor

Don't collect any treasure chests first time you go through the cave. On your return collect them all. Many of the items will be considerably better include a Thunder Rod. If you use it as an item instead of a weapon against the tunnel armor he will die in one turn.
    but the world refused to change...

Yes, they mention that in the guide. But I read on gamefaqs that if you leave the chests again until the WoR, they change again into even better items. This also works in at least Narshe and South Figaro on some treasures.