View Poll Results: Which is more important, physical strength or intellectual prowess?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Physical

0 0%
  • Intellectual

8 44.44%
  • Both are equally important.

9 50.00%
  • What!?

1 5.56%

Thread: Physical or Mental?

Resident Fire Emblem Fan Elite Lord Sigma's Avatar

Default Physical or Mental?

What do you think is more important: being physically strong or intellectually gifted? I think the latter is more important, because you can use that knowledge to increase your physical strength.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Doesn't matter when you're dead.

Intelect definitely. If you are smart, you can get others to do the phisical work for you.

i'd say both are important.depends on the situation.
    "I'll tell you one thing... The truly mighty ones don't flaunt their power. How can I describe it to you? The sly eagle hides its claws."
    -Zidane Tribal, Final Fantasy IX

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

Bruce Lee was both. :D

Brains. I like brains.
    The last words of Oscar Wilde, to the wallpaper in his room - "One of us has to go"

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

I build up my stats in both so one day, I can be a great warrior like JAFFAR!

Blog Entries

KNOWLEDGE IS POWAH!

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

I think it's a bit of both. The mind and body are inextricably linked together. From a survival point of view, usually physical strength will help more than your mind. If you've got a guy towering over you about to smack you across the jaw being able to conjugate verbs or recite the first hundred digits of pi ain't going to help much. On the other hand in our modern society there are many positions that require more brain power than physical strength. In capitalist society especially, it is the smart who get to the top, not the strong (Paris Hilton notwithstanding). Of course it's dangerous to place "importance" on any of these aspects, because inevitably you're going to upset someone who isn't smart/strong. Then again I'm both, so I'm more than happy to hear criticism for both. But I've been a position for many years whereby I had brains but not strength.
    There is no signature here. Move along.

The flying homo! Recognized Member Giga Guess's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Contributions to Eizon project

Both. Mind without body is pointless, body without mind is useless.

Many thanks Christmas!
    Horniest Member, 2007! Gimme a little unf unf!

It really depends on your situation...whichever you need is more important
    Normally I don't advertise or spam for stuff, but i've decided to set my cause to help a needy forum! so come and join http://s13.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_...ex.php?act=idx

HAHAHAHAHAHAH What A Silly Question You Present My Friend So Much So That Jaffar Must Drown Himself In Laughter HAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH. My Friends Have You not Lived Long Enough To Know Strength Is above Folly Weakness, Has Not the Sun Risen For You Enough To Know That The Burden Of Wisdom Is Lighter Then The Stumbling Of Ignorance, If You Then Spot The Tracks Of Beasts Will You Not Know That There Has Indeed Been There Passing If You Then Know This Then Why When Men Look Onto The Stars That Still They Know Not That Truly These Are The Tracks Left By Gods For What Other Purpose Does There Existence Leave. For I Swear Then It Must Also Mean That Wisdom And Strength Comes At A Great Cost To Many Indeed HAHAHAHAHAHA

My Friend Rye Truly Only You Can Surpass Jaffar, For This Wisdom Does Not Come At A Price To Jaffar. Jaffar Honors You Greatly Noble Rye, May That Day Come Soon Rye And When It Does Jaffars Mother Will Forge You A Great And Mighty Axe And From The Waterfall Jaffar Will Draw Its Spirit That It May Be Endowed With Your Weapon Not The Least Then Jaffar Should Also Give You His Strength And Courage For For Much Dear Does Jaffar Thinks Of His Friends And Much Greater They Can Become For This .
    Last edited by Jaffar; 02-23-2006 at 02:18 AM.