Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ducks

At my previous college we had a huge lake in the middle of the campus with tons of ducks, between classes I'd feed them huge bags of hamburger buns I bought at the 99c store because they were so adorable walking around quacking everywhere. Those ducks were so fat by the time I graduated, I don't know what they do without me.

The absolute best experience involving this was this one time I was feeding them like normal and these two baby ducks came out. They were so young they didn't even have feathers yet but rather just kind of soft fur-like pre-feathers. Since they were young and ignorant they came right over to my feet and let me pet them, I almost died of a cuteness overload.

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Necronopticous
    At my previous college we had a huge lake in the middle of the campus with tons of ducks, between classes I'd feed them huge bags of hamburger buns I bought at the 99c store because they were so adorable walking around quacking everywhere. Those ducks were so fat by the time I graduated, I don't know what they do without me.

The absolute best experience involving this was this one time I was feeding them like normal and these two baby ducks came out. They were so young they didn't even have feathers yet but rather just kind of soft fur-like pre-feathers. Since they were young and ignorant they came right over to my feet and let me pet them, I almost died of a cuteness overload.
    Awwww. That's so nice. Baby birds look cute when only have their down. We got my parrot, Harley, when he was only 2 months old, so he only had his head feathers and a few tail feathers, and the rest was down, he was adorable.

We used to own ducks..... when they were babys they'd eat the feed right out my hand. so cute

asdfghjkl;'

oh, sweet nuthin' themagicroundabout's Avatar

Default Well, you are in for quite a tale!

In fact, I do believe that my best experience with ducks was not all that long ago when I was on a walk around with The Crew. We encountered several ducks, apparently sleeping whilst standing on one leg! Luckily enough, there is always someone with a camera, and so a picture was tooken of this monumental occasion!

I think that ducks may be the only animal/bird (aside from flamingos and giraffes) to have this strange sleeping position!

I eat them. Mmmmm.

And DAMN, I wish I could do that.

I once had to rescue a duckling, an I kept it for a while. I used to feed it bread, an take it swimming to the pond. One day some ratty little ugly kid, tried to steal my duckling. He told me the pond I took it to swim in had an electric eel in it, an it was going to fry my duckling. I told him there was no electric eel in the pond, an to keep his ugly face away from my duckling. He then agreed that there wasn't, but told me he was going to take it home, an put it in a tank with one. Then he attempted to grab it. I kicked him, and he fell back into the pond. I laughed at him, an then walked away. A few days later I took the duckling to a pond where there were lots of families of other ducks, it joined one of the families, and lived happily ever after. Last summer a duck sat next to me on a bench, an I fed it ice cream, that was fun.

Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Ducks are yummy.

Blog Entries

My old apartment complex used to have ducks. We used to feed them every once in a while. And it was always cute in the late spring when their eggs would hatch and they had all these babies. But they were a little aggressive and would chase you if you got to close to them...

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

There's a joke in the town I live in, "If you're driving down the road, one lane there's a kid and in the other is a duck, which do you hit? The kid."

We have ducks that reside in the ponds that we have in the park, which become troublesome when you try to drive through the roads in between two ponds when a whole family decide to waddle across very slowly. Which is why you're fined $500 dollars for hitting a duck with your car. That's why the joke is funny, see?

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Once, a wild one almost came up to me, I was going to pet it, then some one came by and chased it away.

4444444444 4 4 444 44 4

I like the Duck and Dog ads on Sky Digital.

pinchpinchpinchpinchpinch ScottNUMBERS's Avatar

There is a rubber duck in my bathtub.
    Staring at my sig will not induce epileptic fits.

A themagicroundabout sig, by themagicroundabout.

"why did the smurfin' duck cross the smurfin' highway?"

"because it wants to try if it can duck the smurfin' cars!"

10 on the "corny"-ness meter.
    "I'll tell you one thing... The truly mighty ones don't flaunt their power. How can I describe it to you? The sly eagle hides its claws."
    -Zidane Tribal, Final Fantasy IX

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Spykus Hallideus (Cerberus)

Round the town centre area is a park with a pond with Ducks, Geese and Swans. http://website.lineone.net/~d.ord/So...20Park%201.jpg

LET THE HAMMER FALL

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

DUCKS ARE smurfING GREAT.