Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sexiest Weapon type?

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

Default Sexiest Weapon type?

in your eyes, what do you think has provided you with the most awesome looking type of weapon.

for me its: Scythes and Wands always seem to be sophisticated, love em.

what about you all?

I think I look nice carrying the great sword. anyone one know the best job for each weapon? I know the easiest is mnk is best with hand to hand. while to say great axes or great swords who do those belong to? There most be a level system on how good each job gets with a waepon right? Anyways PM me and tell me I don't wanna wreak the thread. Anyways a good looking weapon are the ninja or samurii swords,
    Sabin:
    You think a little thing like the end of the world was going to do me in.
    FF6

Barret
    There ain’t no getting off this train we’re on
    FF7

Seifer
    "One of these days, I'm gonna tell ya 'bout my ROMANTIC dream!"
    FF8

Marcus
    "No cloud, no squall shall hinder us!"

-ending of FF9

Quote Originally Posted by chronic_Maniac
    I think I look nice carrying the great sword. anyone one know the best job for each weapon? I know the easiest is mnk is best with hand to hand. while to say great axes or great swords who do those belong to? There most be a level system on how good each job gets with a waepon right? Anyways PM me and tell me I don't wanna wreak the thread. Anyways a good looking weapon are the ninja or samurii swords,
    Gsword is good for DRK, GAxe and Axe are good for WAR, sword and shield is good for PLD, Ninja is katana, THF is dagger and sword, SAM is GKatana and Polearm, DRG is polearm, etc...

I like sword and shield, and I like the whole dual axe and GAxe thing.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

I actually like Hammer and Shield, traditionally, WHM has always used a Hammer, however they not always be able to use a Shield, and i also really like the concept of Sword and Shield, so Hammer and Shield(that looks like a Diamond shield on mine) is as close and as cool as you can get. I might swing a little slower but its cool :3

My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

Smile

I personally think that Great Katanas look pretty nice.

Also, here is a list of the most common weapons for jobs. You can also find a weapon rating list at www.killingifrit.com.

WAR: Great Axe, Axe, Sword, and Great Sword
    MNK: Hand to Hand
    RDM: Sword and Staff
    WHM: Club and Staff
    BLM: Staff and sometimes Clubs and Daggers
    THF: Daggers and Swords
    PLD: Sword and Great Sword
    DRK: Scythe, Great Sword, and Great Axe
    SMN: Staffs and Clubs
    RNG: Dagger, Axe, Crossbow, Bow, and Gun
    DRG: Polearm
    SAM: Great Katana and Polearm
    NIN: Katana and Great Katana
    BRD: Staffs, Clubs, and Daggers
    BST: Axe, Sword, and Staff

Think I covered all the jobs. Hope that helps

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

Quote Originally Posted by Gustafson
    RDM: Sword and Staff
    I find it appropriate to mention that the only reason a RDM should equip a staff would be for the stats that go along with it (elemental staves for the win). It's good to note that RDM don't even have a staff skill and have to rely on their subs for it. That makes them utter crap with staffs in a melee situation. Dagger and clubs are nice too, though.

Other than that, it seemed pretty clean to me. I'm not too sure I agree with WAR and Great Sword, though. It's definitely not their best weapon.

Personally, I though I looked pretty badass with a scythe across my back as my DRK. Great swords looked awesome too. I have to say, most races look awkward with great swords, but tarutaru and galka pull it off well.

in my personal trial and error i find that i like swords over axes for my war i get to attack faster

Blog Entries

Scythes are my favorite, I think they're the most beutful weapon ever made ^_^

Staffs. ;D

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I thought the Halloween pitchfork was pretty damn sexy.

Quote Originally Posted by charles55021
    in my personal trial and error i find that i like swords over axes for my war i get to attack faster
    You attack faster but for less damage and with less inherent accuracy. WAR is A+ in Great Axe and I believe A- in one-handed Axes.

WAR is tricky. They can use almost every type of weapon, but only a few truely shine. The main ones I level with my WAR are Axe, Great Axe, and Sword. My favorite xp weapon is dual weilding axes, but each weapon has its place. Great Axe and Sword are nice to have capped so when (if) you fight gods you can be versatile. Great Axe is awesome for Raging Rush and Sword is nice for Spirits Within (given you have a nice bit of HP+ gear). The choice is yours what to use, but I recommend keeping those threee capped. Hoped this helps some.

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

Attacking faster is a common misconception of how good a weapon is. Both axe and great axe have a much higher damage output than the sword. As Captain WTF!? mentioned, great axe and axe both have a higher cap (I'm pretty sure they're both A+) than sword (B, I think). Since each skill point in a weapon is worth .9 accuracy and .9 attack, that builds up to a significantly higher accuracy and attack which means you'll be hitting more often and for more damage. Sure, you attack slower, but the bigger numbers more than make up for it.

Sexiest: Whip XD
    Awesomest: Scythe or Fast Sword
    Silly jilly ultra nuggets.
    My sig was deleted.

Sword and Axe attack at the same speed, very little difference, making Sword inferior to Axe. Check the Delay ratios to see that theres no difference in them save just a few miliseconds.

I personally wouldnt care about Sword until endgame.

My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3