Thread: special chocobos

Default special chocobos

is it possible to produce a green chocobo and a blue chocobo from 2 S class wonderful chocobos? or must they be a great and a good? i just released all my great and good because i thought i didnt need them if i had S wonderfuls....boy i hope that wasnt a mistake...
    "The Immortals might not always be right, but they’re always the Immortals!" -ROA
    "Don't run, I want to steakify you!" - ROA

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

they have to be at least great or good but if there wonderful there will be a larger chance of producing a blue or green chocobo. their racing rank at the gold saucer also effect the chances of of special chocobo being born so a male and female wonderful chocobo both as rank A or S(it doesnt take long to get to A with a half decent chocobo.) there will be a near 100% chance of a green or blue chocobo if you use the right nut when you breed them(just incase you didnt know, you need a carob nut or it will just be yellow.)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*

yeah, i used a carob nut between 2 S class wonderful chocobos and got a yellow one...but maybe it'll just take a few tries
    thanks
    "The Immortals might not always be right, but they’re always the Immortals!" -ROA
    "Don't run, I want to steakify you!" - ROA

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I used a Black Chocobo and a Woderful Chocobo and got a Golden one.

official beerpong champ Stayin Dizzy's Avatar

I don't remember the exact ones but you dont want just 2 wonderfuls

Yellow GREAT Chocobo male or female, and a Yellow GOOD Chocobo of the other sex+Carob Nut=mountain and river chocobo (switch sexes to get the other)

Mountain+River of opposite sex+Carob nut=Black

Black+S-Class wonderful+Zeio nut=Gold

I'm not sure about wonderfuls to breed green or blue, I just know the above worked 4 me. Or you could always just save the trouble and stomp out Ruby for a gold one

Ashy Larry-Marcy Projects-Marcy son WHAT!

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Actually, it's easier to get a gold chocobo this way than beating Ruby. Because of the whole KotR thing.

Oh, and Daryn provided the correct information. That's the only way to breed a golden chocobo. Except the wonderful chocobo doesn't _have_ to be an S class, although it will be easier if you do have one. This also applies to the breeding of green and blue chocobos. Not necessary, but recommended.

Abandon All Hope Fatal Impurity's Avatar

yeah KOTR rules owns and does every other describable kick ass sentiment lol plus there is quadra magic too

Wonderfuls won't work. They have to be Great and Good Chocobos, and you have to breed them using a Carob Nut. I've tried breeding Wonderfuls before to get them, it just doesn't work. After all the time I spent trying to breed Wonderfuls, I got it immediately when I switched to trying to breed S-class Goods and Greats.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

I dont remember how I got them but it took a lot of time before I figured it out but I think it has to be good or great.

This could be Dangerous! Carl the Llama's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Legendary Hero (Sargatanas)

see my premade chocobo thread here: http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=74018