Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Feedback eh?

Recognized Member smittenkitten's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator

Default Feedback eh?

Looks Like feedback is just another word for SPAM :rolleyes2 Spam is a man who eats ham hehe well why do you thnk there is so much Spam? This will also proberly get closed too ~

Ominous Wanderer Tech Admin Samuraid's Avatar

Spam doesn't take much thought.

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

That's where you're wrong, bucko. (Always wanted to say that.) Spam, like anything else, can be turned into art. You just need to put time and effort behind it, and voila, dish á la Qualité Spamé is served. A dish better served cold. For every post I've ever made in EoFF, I write a draft in Word first, then I come up with 10 other suggestions, and then I pick my final spam post. Remember kids; Quality over Quantity.
    Last edited by Levian; 02-26-2006 at 07:10 PM.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Good spam should convince me to buy the product. This has not happened yet, but I can honestly say that I have been tempted once or twice.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Sir, if you ingest this, it will give you magical flying properties.

Would you like a complementary sample?

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I'd prefer it if there was less spam in here, but most of the general membership doesn't seem to share that view. I always try to make at least one serious post in a Feedback thread, or wait for other people to answer the concern seriously, before making any joke posts. Some people just can't wait to make jokes and that's what bugs me (this thread is a good example no offense guys since this is a topic about spam and it is hard to resist). Things go bad before the question even has a chance to be answered. I don't know what we can do about it.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Score: 0 out of 2 Dignified Pauper's Avatar

Maybe you should start enforcing, Del.

I think there's room for joking around and serious feedback in this forum. Provided the question is answered by somebody, a few jokes from other members can't hurt.

Things are certainly less spammy in feedback than they used to be, ever since the staff started closing every other thread in the forum. I suppose this is a good thing from an actual feedback perspective, but I'm a bit disappointed, myself. Feedback was the funniest place in EoFF at one point, but that's not true any more.
    "The most important and recognize player in the history of the country."

Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I were as great as Paulo Wanchope.

..a Russian mountain cat. Yamaneko's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Most, if not all, members who frequent the Feedback forum have seen the occurence of spam in many of the threads that reside here. Pointing that out in a thread that neither gives feedback or any topic in general, does not remedy the problem. If you wish to help I suggest you use this forum for the purpose intended for it. This would be wise for all who post here, otherwise the closing of threads will continue. And that really is the problem. This forum is used for threads other than feedback, like personal issues that could be resolved through PMs. Those are the threads that get closed.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I don't mind most posts in this forum, however I don't like it when (as Murd pointed out) people do it before the actual topic of the thread is dealt with.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Looks like you're about six months late with this thread topic, bucko.

Blog Entries

Moderators have license to do it here

This could have been pm'd
    oh wait i can't do that

there was a picture here

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Actually, let me just step in as a defender of the spammers. (not a representative, mind you.) You can't expect constructive posts when the thread itself has been doomed since the thread maker pushed the New Topic button. These last few months there's been way many more threads in the Feedback forum than it used to be, and honestly, a lot of them were really unneccessary to post in the first place. I could mention examples, but I don't want to make anyone look bad. Let's just say that every little thing that happens within these forums does not need a thread.

Oh, wait I have a good example that won't make anyone look bad! Remember that thread I made about Miriel changing her name to Palindroma, which is a crappy name btw. Yeah, that was a really unneccessary thread.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

So why do people think they should be making those threads?

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

A while ago I used to use the feedback forum for its actual prupose. After my delemia was answered, I just asked for it to be closed, because I knew it could potentially turn into a spam fest. I spam in the feedback now once in a while (this past week would be considered 'once in a while') and that is, like BooB said, only after the topic has been address and answered.