Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carling Cup final

Default Carling Cup final

Manchester United 4-0 Wigan

Pretty one-sided really...I'm just rerally pleased United have won something this season. Rooney was on fire today...

Did anyone else see it?

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I think you ought to change your sig to Carling Cup Champions, mate, as it's pretty obvious that only Chelsea are going to win the league now.

Still, well done, although you have to feel for Wigan.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Spykus Hallideus (Cerberus)

Poor Wigan, they fell asleep after Rooney's 1st goal. Wasn;t entertaining as it was one sided though, well at least Man U won something, now they can stop moaning and flame Chelsea like any good uber premier league should!

LET THE HAMMER FALL

Blog Entries

I didn't see it but heard that Rooney was the best player there

I can see him breaking something just before the world cup

there was a picture here

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Bladen
    Poor Wigan, they fell asleep after Rooney's 1st goal. Wasn;t entertaining as it was one sided though, well at least Man U won something, now they can stop moaning and flame Chelsea like any good uber premier league should!
    I think it was still entertaining as Man United kept going and so did Wigan. Just because Man United were playing near (or at) their best on the day doesn't make it less entertaining, although possibly less exciting. Less entertaining would be 1-0 (but more exciting). Don't confuse entertainment with excitement.

4-0, very happy with that. Also the first major trophy won by Man Utd since I started following football (and supporting Man Utd), so that makes it even better.

EDIT: Was particularly good to see all the English players in the squad doing well right before the world cup. If Brown, Ferdinand, Rooney etc. all continue this form, they'll do wonders in the World Cup (assuming they all make the squad, which they should).
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

League Cup? Bleh! Who cares about the League Cup when Middlesbrough were beating West Brom at the same time? The better game was obvious, so it's kind of a shame that I listened to the Boro match instead.

Unlucky, Wigan.

Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB
    EDIT: Was particularly good to see all the English players in the squad doing well right before the world cup. If Brown, Ferdinand, Rooney etc. all continue this form, they'll do wonders in the World Cup (assuming they all make the squad, which they should).
    Why should Wes Brown make the squad? He's not a bad player by any means, but at his position we also have Terry, Carragher, R. Ferdinand, A. Ferdinand, King, Woodgate, Campbell and Knight, all of whom I'd take above him. God knows how he has got into the latest England squad above Anton Ferdinand and Zat Knight. And God told me it is because he plays for Man Utd, whereas Ferdinand and Knight play for West Ham and Fulham.

If Bobby Zamora played for Liverpool...

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I'd say he's been better than Ferdinand in the past few months, at the very least.

Articles

Well, if you mean Rio, maybe, but remember that he's had previous World Cup experience, where he was absolutely incredible. If he could re-capture that form, he'd be sensational, and so too would England.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

In that case, we better just send in the players we had last time and forget about the new guys.

Class may be permanent but form is vital. Not to mention that Brown really is a bloody good player as far as I can see. I put him next to Terry as my fave center-back, from the players I've seen. Ferdinand next. Carragher plays right-back, if I remember correctly?

Articles

Absolutely. Bring back Teddy Sheringham!

Carragher hasn't played right-back regularly for about 4 years or so. He only does so for England if there are injuries. He also plays left-back in case of injuries too, but he's been centre-back for us throughout.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Ah. He's marked on some site as a right-back for the current England squad.

I'd still have, of the Man U crew... Neville, Brown, Ferdinand and Rooney in my England squad. Don't know about Richardson though. He's okay, but has been inconsistent. I really, really hope that there are better players than him available for England though. I don't know why he's played for England.

Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I was hoping that Wigan would win, because the manc's are one of the teams which I just do not like(Along with Chelsea and Sunderland), but Man U did play good and deserved to win it.

EDIT: I will never say/type that ever again in my life.

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB
    Ah. He's marked on some site as a right-back for the current England squad.

I'd still have, of the Man U crew... Neville, Brown, Ferdinand and Rooney in my England squad. Don't know about Richardson though. He's okay, but has been inconsistent. I really, really hope that there are better players than him available for England though. I don't know why he's played for England.
    Sorry but I agree with Paul, good a player as Brown is there are many already mentioned that are better than him.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Dude, you can't even WATCH 95-99% of Man U games, you got nothin'.

I probably wouldn't have him in my first team, but definitely in the squad. Easily. He blocks more goals than all the other defenders at Man U put together these days. No surprise that he got the biggest cheer of all the players when they got their Carling Cup medals - he's loved because he does such a fantastic job.