Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ... 51519202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: English Football Thread! 2005-2006 Season

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

We wouldn't have BoB as a manager because he's Johnny Foreigner and therefore lacks passion because he is a soulless mercenary. Kevin Keegan, on the other hand, oozed passion out of every pore, and he was truly a great England manager. Just look at how well he did with us during Euro 2000!

Blog Entries

I don't believe Wayne Rooney

there was a picture here

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Spykus Hallideus (Cerberus)

Keegan was amazing but he just cannot handle pressure, he did it to Newcastle and Manchester City. Rooney is a right dick and attention/media whore but you can't say he's a crap player, though alot of people would love to say it. He has talent just a bad personality and a skill for grabbing attention from journalists and newspapers.

LET THE HAMMER FALL

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Why do you say he has a bad personality? For a guy under the microscope of the nation - being considered the primary character for England's chances at the World Cup etc - at such a young age... I'd say he's doing marvellously. I don't hear many bad things about him at all these days, actually. The players obviously feel the same way, given he won PFA Young Player of the Year.

And he doesn't have a skill for grabbing their attention. That's like saying that Scolari had a skill for it when the media hounded him. No, he doesn't, he just happens to be the one that every journalist in England wants to talk about, because that's what the media does.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

He's going to end up like Beckham, get alot more rich and famous then get crap. Beckham should be out the squad IMO.

Rooney just acts like he's the biggest toughest, most skilled person there is, haven't you noticed when he loses his temper he blames his team mates? That aint right, at least blame the ref, it's always the ref. WHat if a referee scored a goal?

LET THE HAMMER FALL

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Bladen
    He's going to end up like Beckham, get alot more rich and famous then get crap. Beckham should be out the squad IMO.

Rooney just acts like he's the biggest toughest, most skilled person there is, haven't you noticed when he loses his temper he blames his team mates? That aint right, at least blame the ref, it's always the ref. WHat if a referee scored a goal?
    Having watched almost every one of Manchester United's games since December (and a lot before then too)... no, I haven't noticed that at all. In fact, he doesn't lose his temper very often at all these days. Maybe you should stop living on long-past reputations and see him for the person he has grown up to become. The same one that every player who has known him (your lovely Michael Owen is a good friend of his, you know) to become. And Rooney doesn't act 'big' or 'tough' at all (although he is big and tough - to say otherwise is to be ignorant, hell, he was going to be a boxer at one point). In every interview I've seen him in, he's a very modest guy that has loads of praise for his teammates as well as the opposition.

I won't claim to know Beckham, but if you think he left England so he could find even more fame and meet more journalists, you're incredibly ignorant.

Methinks you have issues with Manchester United players. Just appreciate players for the players they are, and quit reading gossip columns.

Blog Entries

I meant the fact that he is probably out of the world cup.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...06/4957970.stm

there was a picture here

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Wayne Rooney has definitely improved his attitude, and the last outburst I can remember him having was in that dire 1-0 defeat against Northern Ireland in September, but telling Beckham and Ferdinand to "smurf off." (especially from the way they were playing that night) is only a good thing in my eyes.

Oh, and Michael Owen is a bigger twat than Rooney is, for the way he smurfed us around with his contract and the transfer deadline day thing, forcing us to take a reduced fee of just £8m for him (We paid more for Stan "dogging" Collymore back in 1995) It's not that he left, because it'd be stupid to expect him to stay forever, but the way in which he left that grates. Supposedly he wanted success at Real, but instead he found himself warming the substitutes bench (with 0 medals) watching on as we won the Champions League. And now he's at Newcastle, (when he made it very clear he wanted to join Liverpool after we won the big prize) a team that haven't won a trophy for 40 or so years, and don't look like winning one any time soon. Ha ha ha. Twat.

Still, both he and Rooney are essential England players, and I hope they aren't out of the World Cup. Owen is simple enough to replace, I suppose, with Jermain Defoe, but what about Rooney? I suggest Joe Cole, as he is our most similar player to him, although of course, there is nobody quite like Wayne Rooney. That does open up the left side of midfield, but there are so many options for that. You could put Gerrard there and bring in Carrick, you could put SWP on the left, or alternatively put Beckham on the left and SWP on the right, or you could even put Stewart Downing in. Not too keen with starting with Crouch, as he is more of a Plan B, and I think Darren Bent is more of a Premiership player than an international player. I'd like to see Robbie Fowler called up in replacement, but obviously I am biased. Dean Ashton or Marlon Harewood would be acceptable alternatives though.

Still, the good thing about Rooney being injured is that hopefully United will be demoralised and uninspired, and lose their remaining games (to a buoyant Middlesbrough who beat them 4-1 earlier in the season, and Charlton who will want to win their last game under manager of 15 years, Alan Curbishley) and we will take second. Eh, I can dream.

Finally, a word on relegation. Boy, the Midlands sure do suck. Aston Villa are now the only team left (and they'll probably go down next season if they keep this up) when the top flight used to be filled with Midlands teams like Leicester, Coventry, Derby, Nottingham Forest, Wolves, and of course, WBA and Birmingham City. Heck, 3 of England's 10 European Cup/Champions League wins have come from these teams (Villa got one, Notts Forest two) and now look at them.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

No, Beckham left England to get more money and a better suntan. Michael Owen is a prick, sure he scores goals but he only came to Newcastle because they offered him the most money. Rooney is still young but I just see him as arogant like, he still has a long way to go and if he keeps going he may be able to be a much better person and player. I see Man U as a strange team, I just never get wth they are doing, usually I ignore them because there are teams that show they think they're best. I still find it strange Rooney has bad luck. I reckon he should dump his gf though, she's just using him for his money. I never pay attention to gossip colums or any colums usually.

Rooney maybe like that in my eyes but Jermaine Jenas is alot worse with that attitude, he is like what I described Rooney as but alot worse, except less famous.

LET THE HAMMER FALL

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I reckon he should dump his gf though, she's just using him for his money. I never pay attention to gossip colums or any colums usually.
    :laugh:

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

I got another question, why does Beckham always change his gay hairstyles to something even gayer each time?

LET THE HAMMER FALL

PSP IZ DA DAWGZ!!!!!!! Cid Vicious's Avatar

Congrats to Chelsea for buying their second Premiership Trophy on the bounce.

I got another question, why does Beckham always change his gay hairstyles to something even gayer each time?
    No need to post that here. A topic of this importance belongs in its own thread.

Rooney's injury is a terrible blow to England in the run-up to the world cup (as well as my fantasy football team ). Seems like Chelsea weren't content with ruining the Premiership, and they've done their best to lose us the World Cup too. Jermain Defoe might prove a decent alternative, particularly in the easier group stage games, but he's never been quite himself when playing for his country. If Andy Johnson had seen sense and joined a Premiership club during the summer, he'd definitely have been a strong candidate, but sadly Sven is never going to pick a player who's spent the last year playing against Championship defences. So yeah, we need Wayne back.
    "The most important and recognize player in the history of the country."

Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I were as great as Paulo Wanchope.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

I don't think he's out for the count, as long as nothing is torn or broken he'll be fine.

LET THE HAMMER FALL

Six weeks was what I heard, which would put him out of our first game. But of course, this is only an early prediciton, so things could actually be much better or worse than that. It's highly unlikely that the injury will keep him out of the squad, though. He should be back by the end of the group stage, when we'll need him most.
    "The most important and recognize player in the history of the country."

Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I were as great as Paulo Wanchope.