Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 14242829303132333435 LastLast

Thread: English Football Thread! 2005-2006 Season

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Bring it!
    You have sven, your bound to lose with that much absence of passion. And you might NOT have roonie.
    Nah just kidding, its all friendly mate.

That's ok then, but i'll just keep on poking you with the knife just incase! *poke*

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I reckon that there should be a separate World Cup thread nearer the time, and that this thread should continue until August, when a new thread is made in time for the new season. We can discuss transfers in this one until then.

So, what about that Rosicky to Arsenal, eh? Good player, and should be exciting to watch, but I don't think Arsenal really need another lightweight, and they're going to end up losing to the likes of Bolton and their muscle game again. Henry, Van Persie, Reyes, Rosicky, Fabregas, Walcott, Ashley Cole...all of them are lightweights, and with Diaby looking to be out for some time, they could be in trouble in the early season if they come up against physical sides. And if anyone mentions Gilberto Silva, I expect you all to mock them mercilessly.

If I were Rafa Benitez...
    Diao
    Le Tallec
    Cheyrou
    Medjani
    Whitbread
    Potter
    Kirkland
    Dudek
    Traore
    Kromkamp
    Morientes

If you couldn't work out what these players have in common, I'll tell you: I'd sell 'em. And I'd buy this lot:

Gonzalez
    Paletta (both of these are already done deals, the former depends on a work permit and I hope he gets it, as he's a class act)
    Alves
    Aurellio
    Pennant
    Kuyt (I think we've made offers for all four of these anyway)

Now there's a side that could win the league.

In other news, thanks to injuries, Michael Dawson has taken Luke Young's place as England standby (!) and Phil Neville has taken Nigel Reo-Coker's (!)

Dawson for Young!
    Gee, just what we need, another centre back!
    Replace a right back with a right back sven you muppet!

P Neville for coker!
    How the smurf do these two compare?
    One is an attacking midfielder and is replace with a versatile defensive player.

Talk about, like for like!

I do agree with a WC thread.

Risicky is a good creative midfileder, similar to Febregas, but very good going forward with lots of flair.

Ok, that's my rant over.
    Last edited by Russielloyd; 05-24-2006 at 06:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic
    So, what about that Rosicky to Arsenal, eh? Good player, but I don't think Arsenal really need another lightweight, and they're going to end up losing to the likes of Bolton and their muscle game again. Henry, Van Persie, Reyes, Rosicky, Fabregas, Walcott, Ashley Cole...all of them are lightweights, and with Diaby looking to be out for some time, they could be in trouble in the early season if they come up against physical sides. And if anyone mentions Gilberto Silva, I expect you all to mock them mercilessly.
    For once, I absolutely agree with you. I know Wenger doesn't like to play a scrappy game, but the man needs to stop being so stubborn and realise that sometimes you don't have a choice. On the other hand, it is nice to see that we're actually buying some established talent for a change, and maybe we'll go for a tough-tackling ball-winner at some point over the summer. Please, Arsene?

In other news, thanks to injuries, Michael Dawson has taken Luke Young's place as England standby (!) and Phil Neville has taken Nigel Reo-Coker's ()
    Eh, I guess every silver lining has a talentless, ugly cloud.

I'm going to ignore all of your Liverpool stuff, not because I don't care, but because you're right about all of it and that scares me very much indeed.
    "The most important and recognize player in the history of the country."

Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I were as great as Paulo Wanchope.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Spykus Hallideus (Cerberus)

We can't get our own way all the time. Sven is just a baldy nutcase. Baaaaaldy.

LET THE HAMMER FALL

'Gabby Hayes' big Bart's Friend Milhouse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic
    Gonzalez
    Paletta (both of these are already done deals, the former depends on a work permit and I hope he gets it, as he's a class act)
    Alves
    Aurellio
    never heard of these. Gonzalez, is he the one who was at Panathinaikos? Do you stay up all night watching Argentinian football on channel five or something?

As for Arsenal, they do have a bit of spending money over the summer and we could swipe a couple more good players for a fee that would keep Traore at Liverpool for a whole year.
    ...Geddit?

Articles

Gonzalez was signed by us last season, but couldn't get a work permit. Instead, we sent him on loan to Real Sociedad, where by all accounts he was the star of their team and helped prevent them get relegated by scoring some crucial goals, such as a cracker against Real Madrid.

Paletta is a young Argentinian defender who I doubt many people outside of Argentina have heard of. I can't judge him but apparently he is one for the future.

Fabio Aurellio plays for Valencia, and Daniel Alves featured against Middlesbrough for Sevilla in the UEFA Cup final.

Speaking of Valencia, Fernando Morientes has signed for them. It appears Rafa agrees with me.

'Gabby Hayes' big Bart's Friend Milhouse's Avatar

Fabio Aurelio I remember coming on against Arsenal at Highbury about three and a half years ago. I didn't think Liverpool would dare sell Nando but there you go, don't pull your weight and you can pack your bags.
    Robbie Fowler may not be as fantastic as Moreintes but for me he has more Liverpool passion inside of him, which leads me into thinking Rafael Benitez was spot on by bringing him back to Anfield.
    ...Geddit?

Did anybody see the Belarus game? Supposedly we weren't too bad, but I hardly think that excuses the result. Didn't see it myself, so I'd be glad if someone could tell us what they thought.

Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I were as great as Paulo Wanchope.

1st half was good, Lennon, was great on the wing, Hargreaves even looked good for a while. Then Robert Green came on in the 2nd half, he messed up a goal kick which landed to a Belarus player and in the process majorly injuring himself and instead of the belarus player putting it out, he went on and scored, while green was still on the floor. England B, fell apart after that, couldn't make a pass to save thier lives. Poor closing down was the reason for the 2nd goal.

Theo on the otherhand, showed a few sparks of what he's capable of.

Belarus, sisn't even play that great and got sent down to 10 men. I'm glad that was just the 2nd string players, though if it was the 1st team, Belarus would of been ripped apart.

Articles

4 Liverpool players in the England squad. Take that, Ars3nal!

Hopefully Chris Kirkland gets called up as the new standby.

EDIT: Ooh, Ben Foster! Good call. Kirkland is now in an international wilderness. He is truly the new Richard Wright.

Ben Foster? Seriously? :O_O:

My levels of not caring are...well, big.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Spykus Hallideus (Cerberus)

Quote Originally Posted by Cz
    Ben Foster? Seriously? :O_O:

My levels of not caring are...well, big.

I see a tad of depression and jealousy there. As long as the squad can work together and kickass I care about as much as a duck for a super market.

LET THE HAMMER FALL