Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567891323 ... LastLast

Thread: English Football Thread! 2005-2006 Season

I'm praying for a 0 - 0 draw tomorrow. That'll still keep the Spurs catchable; I think they'll only be 3 points ahead, then. Neither Spurs nor Blackburn have a thing on our goal difference.

(I'll look carefully for you when I see the replays, oh yes I will! )
    This subliminal message could be meant for YOU. But it's probably not. Move along ;D

Liverpool are gonna get finished by Benfica

Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I hope Liverpool win.

I'm shocked over what just happened! I was hoping Wigan would beat Man Utd, but didn't think it was likely. I was suprised when Wigan got 1-0 up on Man Utd, but then when the Mancs equalized I wasn't suprised. I thought and was hoping the game would end in a draw, but nooo! Wigan have to go and score an own Goal. Grrrr!

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Wigan were robbed.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I don't have the exact quote from the other thread (different forum) I post in about this sort of thing, but Wigan were the better team on the day for sure - but to be fair to them, Manchester United's attacking combination was far too strong for them once they got Ruud in for Park. If the own goal wasn't scored, Van Nistelrooy would have scored off the same ball.

Wigan played really well, Manchester United for the first 60 or so minutes played poorly, especially with that much talent floating around.

I hate that ref, though. He gave out cards like he was hoping both teams wouldn't be able to field a side in the next game. I hear he has more cards than any other ref this season. I'm not surprised.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles

Not looking forward to Arsenal v Liverpool on Sunday. I think my gunner-taunting will come back to haunt me. They're in fine form, after ripping Fulham to pieces and standing tall against the Galacticos, and we're sadly lacking in form at the moment. As things stand, I'd be happy if we lost as long as Cisse and/or Morientes scored. Hey, I'll just blame injuries (Hyypia, Riise, Sissoko and Zenden) At least Agger is avaliable in the Premiership, unlike the CL, so we won't be seeing Traore.

Rafa, get Defoe/Bent, and then maybe Yakubu/Kuyt. Or at least bring back Pongolle and Mellor. THX!

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic
    Rafa, get Defoe/Bent, and then maybe Yakubu/Kuyt. Or at least bring back Pongolle and Mellor. THX!
    I'd like to see Torres up front along with Defoe. Not gonna happen, but we definitely need some decent fire power upfront. I've had enough of Morientes and Cisse. They've had the chances to score this season and havn't done the job. Time to ship 'em out.

As for the game with Arsenal, I reakon it'll either be a 0-0 or a score draw. (A very low scoring score draw at that.) Liverpool won't give Arsenal the space they enjoyed against Real or Fulham, and Arsenal are playing alot better than they were a few games ago, so it's gonna be a tight game.

Champions League draw is in:

ARSENAL v Juventus

Lyon v AC Milan

Inter Milan or Ajax v Villarreal

Benfica v Barcelona

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Spykus Hallideus (Cerberus)

The Man U vs Newcastle match is going to be a good game to see, Newcastle are so dar unstoppable under Roeder's rein and Manchester United are just terribly excellent anyway. The Liverpool vs Newcastle Match on the 18th will also be a good match to see.

LET THE HAMMER FALL

Articles

Juventus in the Quarter Finals, eh? Arsenal truly are this season's Liverpool!

They have to be, or else...

I didn't watch the MU-Wigan game (on too late), but the Blackburn-Spurs game was beautiful and thrilling. Bellamy was a god and I thought Blackburn should've definitely drawn with Spurs. That third goal from them was so frustrating.
    Last edited by Resha; 03-11-2006 at 02:56 PM.
    This subliminal message could be meant for YOU. But it's probably not. Move along ;D

'Gabby Hayes' big Bart's Friend Milhouse's Avatar

Can anyone produce a list of young up and coming players who they think will acheive the mega-star status (eg like Ronaldinho did). Thanks in advance (a list of 10 from everyone here will do nicely)
    ...Geddit?

1. Cesc Fabregas. This man is a GOD.
    2. Wayne Rooney -- to be honest, I'm not sure if he hasn't already achieved such a status, but...yeah kay.

Well, I can't think right now. I'll add to this later. But Fabregas.

Oh!

3. Sebastian Larsson. I think he's great.

Articles

Sebastian Larsson xD

There is only one person on the same level as Ronaldinho, and that's Ronaldinho. I can't really name 10 that will achieve that because only one or two, if any, will.

Wayne Rooney, Lionel Messi and Robinho are your current best bets, though.

What's so xD about him?! I think he's great.

Maybe saying mega-star status is a bit excessive for anyone, because I can't be sure. But let's just say I think everyone on my list is really brilliant, and they'll reach a pretty high level. If not World Player of the Year.