Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst 12345678910111525 ... LastLast

Thread: English Football Thread! 2005-2006 Season

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Spykus Hallideus (Cerberus)

Sure they have the money, I know that but they had it at the start of the season, they don't have it to flash around the chairman, like many spends it all on booze, parties and stuff like that (maybe true), Liverpool are rich but they're also too fast for their own good, what I don't understand is the reason they didn't spend the money on Owen when they had the chance, I reckon Liverpool should stop chasing Owen and focus on raising their current players. Rich teams don't spend all that money on players and stadiums now do they? Sunderland ended up as they are because of the stadium of light being too expensive and stuff.

If more money was given to the manager they would have a few more world class players now wouldn't they?
    The thing with Liverpool is they're mostly English (which is a good thing) but too Hesitant, you hear that!? keep away from Owen, you'll get him back in a few years!

You know that we're wasting enough time exchanging "info'", you should get back to the other teams (before I end up hating you more, you evil person you!) How come Football is all about money now and not the actual sport and soul of the game? so many foreign players on teams dominating the tables, it's sad.

Have you ever been to Middlesbrough's riverside stadium? now that place isn't very nice, sure the smoggies are good but why do you think they're called smoggies?

LET THE HAMMER FALL

Yes, poor dear alan pardew shrieks about arsenal being all foreigners and all he gets is a 4 - 1 to Bolton. GOOD. I hate him.
    This subliminal message could be meant for YOU. But it's probably not. Move along ;D

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I don't think we blew millions on booze and parties :laugh: ...then again, it'd explain why our strikers suck. To be honest, I'd be happier if we got Bent or Defoe than Owen, especially as Owen abandoned the club for glory at Real. (Oh boy does he ever have egg on his face?)

Anyway, 'boro. Apparently they have the worst attendance in the league. Or is that Man City? Ah well.

On Alan Pardew: He believes his four strikers, Dean Ashton, Bobby Zamora, Marlon Harewood and Teddy Sheringham, will get into the England squad. Or at least one of them will, anyway. Bless him. (James Beattie is more likely than any of those, and that's saying something!)

Liverpool have lost 2 - 0 to Benfica midweek. Liverpool have a goal-scoring problem. Crouch hasn't scored in the League since the 31st (I purposely miss the month out because I'm not sure if it's January or December). Cisse isn't a natural scorer. Why the hell is Benitez benching Morientes? Or Fowler? Or Kewell? If anyone can save Liverpool it's Fowler. You saw them mid-week, Rob; they just could NOT score against Benfica.

Oh, them lovely people.
    This subliminal message could be meant for YOU. But it's probably not. Move along ;D

Articles

Anyone who criticises Peter Crouch is an idiot. His job isn't to score. "OMG HE'S A STRIKER HE'S SUPPOSED TO SCORE!" Yeah, he has scored thanks. Several times, in fact. However, it's not his primary role. His primary role is target man. Anyway, If Cisse and Morientes were the players they were two years ago (the player who "isn't a natural scorer" got 40 goals in a season, the other single-handedly drove Monaco to the Champion's League final) we'd be above Chelski. But they're not and we're not.

And I bet when we sell them they become awesome again.

Hey, don't blame ME. That's what they said on TV. The pundits. Someone Redknapp, even. Former Liverpool player.

Articles

Jamie "Darren Anderton #2" Redknapp is as intelligent as his father.

I wasn't blaming you. Congratulations on winning, by the way. Same goes to Mobiletype. But not Cz. He's going to rub it in my face, and he'll feel guilty about it if I congratulate him beforehand. I'm so thoughtful.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

I went to Middlesbrough a few times, the streets wreak of sewage and it's full of smog.
    Crouch is my personal favourite at Liverpool, a job as a striker isn't goal scoring souley, sometimes midfielders score and you get rares like Degfenders and even goalkeepers scoring. I'll be glad to see Shearer leave at the end of the season, the man has scored alot of amazing goals he's beaten Milburn's record, what next? I'm gonna get a ticket to his testemonial against Celtic.

LET THE HAMMER FALL

Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic
    Since when? Since we won the Champion's League. I know you're a Newcastle fan so you don't understand such things, but when you win trophies, you also win money! And the better the tournament, the more money you win!

That and Liverpool having the third highest income of British clubs last year.
    You make me want to eat my own head, Psy.

Don't do it, Owen!

EDIT: Haha, M'boro are have terrible support. I wouldn't mind Darren Bent being Shearers replacement either - he is a great player and belongs at a bigger club than Charlton. :laugh:
    Last edited by Jess; 03-12-2006 at 07:51 PM.

Articles

Take pics, Jess, it sounds hot.

Don't do it unless we can get Bent/Defoe/Yakubu/Kuyt/Torres, Owen!

Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

If I have anything to do with it we will have Bent and Owen!

...wait.

You're welcome to Marcus Bent, though.

Articles

Liverpool or Newcastle is a really hard decision to make.

Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic
    Liverpool or Newcastle is a really hard decision to make.
    Quiet you.

We've had a bad couple of years, that's all. :weep:

Articles

Try couple of bad decades.

In fact, try a couple of a couple of bad decades.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

about 10 years ago we were hammering teams like Man U 5-0 and Shearer was fresh, back then football was about the sport not money, back then Chelsea sucked and Newcastle was a top 3 team, that all stopped about 2 years ago.

LET THE HAMMER FALL