Page 20 of 35 FirstFirst ... 101415161718192021222324252630 ... LastLast

Thread: English Football Thread! 2005-2006 Season

Quote Originally Posted by Old Manus
    I had a lot of fun laughing at the Man U fans today

I cant belive it, the players looked half asleep! Man U played rubbish.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I think Ronaldo needs to stay there, he just needs to get the hang of what is and is not going to work for him. Sometimes other players are put there, he's not a definite start... I don't think we need to spend our money backing him up though, not at all. Once we have a decent midfield we'll be fine.

Missing Saha and, for the most part, Silvestre (who normally I'm not fond of but recently his crosses have been as perfect as Beckham back in the day), had a big impact on the game. Those two work fantastically together and van Nistelrooy just couldn't get the ball enough to make it count. We really did play bad, though, with the exception of Neville.

Anyway, on to Tottenham, I believe. May as well play some good games to keep our 2nd position.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

3-1! Shearer has scored again.

Arsenal 3 -1 West Brom. Bergkamp scored a blinder, apparently. And it's Dennis Day, too!

Looks like Sheffield United are coming up, which means we have to put up with that bastard Warnock for the whole of next season.

EDIT: Accrington Stanley are back in the football league. Awesome.
    "The most important and recognize player in the history of the country."

Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I were as great as Paulo Wanchope.

H-H-Happy Dennis Bergkamp day! Oh gosh all the goals made me so happy. I nearly killed myself when Quashi scored. Hleb's goal was a beauty.

Glad about both Sheffield and accrington. I especially like Sheffield United.
    This subliminal message could be meant for YOU. But it's probably not. Move along ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Resha
    Glad about both Sheffield and accrington. I especially like Sheffield United.
    What. :grr:

Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I were as great as Paulo Wanchope.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

On a sidenote - FC United, the breakaway football team from the Glazer takover of Manchester United, has got promotion to the next level without much trouble. I'm sort of hoping they keep progressing to the point that by coincidence they face Manchester United in a FA Cup draw... would be fantastic to watch, if only for the volume of the whole thing.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Spykus Hallideus (Cerberus)

Another 3-1 result from the Gallowgate boys. It's gonna be an interesting derby on Monday.

LET THE HAMMER FALL

Quote Originally Posted by Black Mage 121
    What. :grr:
    My best childhood friend was a big fan.
    This subliminal message could be meant for YOU. But it's probably not. Move along ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB
    On a sidenote - FC United, the breakaway football team from the Glazer takover of Manchester United, has got promotion to the next level without much trouble. I'm sort of hoping they keep progressing to the point that by coincidence they face Manchester United in a FA Cup draw... would be fantastic to watch, if only for the volume of the whole thing.
    That's great news. I don't exactly support the whole Anti-Glazer movement (anything that makes Manchester United fans unhappy is a good thing, in my book) but it's nice to see that those fans who were brave enough to make a stand are having success with F.C. United. Maybe they could invite the Red Devils over for a pre-season friendly some time.

The orangeness on TV was wonderful last night. I'd like to think that Dennis won't play again, since that'd be a perfect way for him to end his Arsenal career. Well, with the exception of a Champions' League medal, of course.

But they're having a wonderful testimonial for Dennis, on July 22nd or something. I think they're playing versus ajax, and it's going to be star-studded and stuff. arsenal players from "both past and present" is what I read, anyways. It'll be at Emirates, too. I wanna go....

That'd be something worth seeing, to be sure.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

1-0 v Blackburn. God can't stop scoring. Hopefully we can close down on United enough to claim second place.

And you Gooners owe us now!

Quote Originally Posted by Black Mage 121
    EDIT: Accrington Stanley are back in the football league.
    Who are they?

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

As much as I loathe to use this phrase, it's the most appropriate thing to say, so here goes: Burtsplurt just won the thread.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Well, I honestly didn't know, so I looked them up on Wikipedia. I found it amusing to read "Between 1966 and 1970 Accrington Stanley did not exist" - it's like a team went *poof* and disappeared for a while (yes, yes, I read the reasoning).