Page 24 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4141819202122232425262728293034 ... LastLast

Thread: English Football Thread! 2005-2006 Season

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Apparently the FA have offered Luiz Felipe Scolari the England job after the World Cup, and all I can say is thank god for that. I just hope he accepts.

Compared to the English candidates of Curbishley, McClaren and Allardyce, who have won an incredible one League Cup between them, I think it's clear we're in safe hands with a guy who has won the World Cup.

But what I like best about him is that he doesn't care about reptuations and will drop big name players if they don't fit. That is exactly what England need, and it's a shame he can't manage us right now. Someone needs to drop Lampard and put Carrick in the holding role, or alternatively drop Beckham, insert Carrick in the same place and push Gerrard out on the right, and of all the candidates, he'd be the only one to do it. (We all know Fat Sam would drop Gerrard or Lampard for Kevin Nolan, and Wayne Rooney for Kevin Davies for that matter...)

Please accept, o gloriously mustached Big Phil. Pretty please?

Yeah, it's just a pity that they didn't seem interested in foreign candidates from the start. I think Guus Hiddink would have been an excellent person to have in charge. But Big Phil makes a very good second choice for me. Saying that, I would have loved to have seen Arsene Wenger as England manager. He seems to be able to bring out things in players that others can't. I think he'd categorically refuse the post, though.

Kind of miffed that Steve MacClaren didn't get the job. Then Middlesbrough might have been able to bring in someone half-way decent.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic
    Apparently the FA have offered Luiz Felipe Scolari the England job after the World Cup, and all I can say is thank god for that. I just hope he accepts.

Compared to the English candidates of Curbishley, McClaren and Allardyce, who have won an incredible one League Cup between them, I think it's clear we're in safe hands with a guy who has won the World Cup.

But what I like best about him is that he doesn't care about reptuations and will drop big name players if they don't fit. That is exactly what England need, and it's a shame he can't manage us right now. Someone needs to drop Lampard and put Carrick in the holding role, or alternatively drop Beckham, insert Carrick in the same place and push Gerrard out on the right, and of all the candidates, he'd be the only one to do it. (We all know Fat Sam would drop Gerrard or Lampard for Kevin Nolan, and Wayne Rooney for Kevin Davies for that matter...)

Please accept, o gloriously mustached Big Phil. Pretty please?
    Drop... Lampard...?
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

I agree with Psychotic. Gerrard's better and they don't play well together. They're too similar for that. Gerrard is a more complete player.

I'd like to see him made captain.

Articles

And I think Lampard would make more of an impact coming off the bench than Gerrard would. Gerrard is the type of player who is there all the time, whereas Lampard is only there when you need him, and tends to go missing in big games.

Also, bloody hell 'boro! You guys are as good as, if not better, than us at comebacks!

Middlesborough are my new 2nd favourite team lol

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...pe/4933504.stm

Anyone see the game?

Congratulations to Middlesbrough for the comeback of the season. Maybe this performance will get Stewart Downing a much-deserved place in the England squad for the World Cup?

P.S. Crap, Scolari isn't taking the England job.
    Last edited by Cz; 04-28-2006 at 05:57 PM.
    "The most important and recognize player in the history of the country."

Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I were as great as Paulo Wanchope.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Spykus Hallideus (Cerberus)

That was extremely unexpected but usually when a team makes a miracle comeback it's more spicy in the finals, like Liverpool's. Well the thing with that was is that Liverpool and AC milan are both big teams whilst Middlesbrough and Bucharest aren't so well known. Shame about the fame though because boro are more of a "wth?" team, you don't know what they'll do but then again it was an amazing win, congrats.

Anyway Mclaren has an ego bigger then Real Madrid's and his head very far up the pipe hole.

LET THE HAMMER FALL

Im an Gunner through and through and we are gonna win the champions league! Paris here we come!

Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Cz
    P.S. Crap, Scolari isn't taking the England job.
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! [/darth vader]

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by reuters.co.uk
    Portugal's Brazilian coach Luiz Felipe Scolari stunned the soccer world on Friday by withdrawing from the race to become England manager because of unbearable media intrusion.

In a news conference televised from Portugal's World Cup training site in Germany, Scolari said his plans would be open after July 31 when his contract with the Portuguese Football Federation ran out. He said his decision was linked to his feelings for Portugal and the relentless media pressure since his name surfaced two days ago as the likely candidate to succeed Swede Sven-Goran Eriksson as England's manager. "There are 20 reporters outside my house now," he said. "If that is part of another culture, it is not part of my culture. I am not the coach, and will not be (England's) coach.

"I don't want this situation involving England because in two days during which I was not coach, I never agreed to anything, life was invaded," Scolari said. "My privacy was totally under siege."

Scolari said the press had made "absurd comparisons" of him and his wife with Eriksson and the Swede's partner, and how they dressed. "That's not part of my life and its never going to be."
    Let that be a lesson to the English media. They are their own nation's undoing.

Blog Entries

The boro game was the most entertaining game I've seen this season (apart from swansea vs carlisle)

If Scolari isn't taking the England job, smurf him.

there was a picture here

Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB
    Let that be a lesson to the English media. They are their own nation's undoing.
    Let that be a lesson to the (extremely xenophobic) English media. They can choose who the next England manager is.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Spykus Hallideus (Cerberus)

If that was the case we'd have Loony BoB or someone as manager. If they make money out of it they put down the name! It is funny though, we don't want 100% serious, boring reports of football now do we? It would end up like that gameshow countdown, but 7x worse.

LET THE HAMMER FALL

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Even if I was qualified for the job, I wouldn't take it for the same reasons as Scolari.