Page 27 of 35 FirstFirst ... 71721222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: English Football Thread! 2005-2006 Season

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Spykus Hallideus (Cerberus)

Alot of the times he did, usually it came from applauding the ref for giving him a stupid card, arguing, swearing. Those are usually the times I see as deliberate, even if most referees are stupid and dumb, arguing won't help. Kicking the ball of their face does.

Outside football he does ACT similar to a chav/charv w/e, doesn't mean he is one, probably picked it up from the local kids his age before is career. If he learns how cocked up refereeing is I doubt he'd argue because there aint changing it. If you look at Chelsea, they deliver bad tackles and dives all the time and almost nothing is done about it, no offense BoB, but Van Nistelroy has did a few times, not all the time though, I've seen Ronaldo do it once or twice. Nothing is done about dives or hacks. That's why I think big boy Jose backhands the ref with a small fee to do his bidding!

LET THE HAMMER FALL

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

As far as I'm concerned, every midfielder and every striker dives at least on occasion. Rooney definitely doesn't dive as often as most players though, purely because he's able to outmuscle a lot more defenders than most strikers are able to. Every player makes the odd poor tackle, too. Some dive and make poor tackles more than others, of course (hi, Reyes).

Unless something is done about it - my preference being the ability to book a player for diving or a poor tackle after a match and during half-time. Possibly even causing them to miss the next game if it comes to that. When so many dives and poor tackles have been shown to be blatant yet the referees miss it because of the speed of the game and their own uncertaintly / lack of view at the time... you just have to wonder why they can't look at the cameras afterwards and say "Hey, that's bad."

That's why football is considered to be a wussy sport by most die-hard rugby fans. Hell, even cricket players are more manly then footballers.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

That is kinda true, watchin 22 sweaty men running up and down a big field for 90 mins isn't exactly "manly" now is it?

LET THE HAMMER FALL

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I'm not talking about the sport itself, I'm talking about how a lot of them play it. Some of them could do well to learn from the defenders who are a lot less likely to dive (well, from memory). Terry is a great example of what I'd call a decent footballer. I can't see him diving often, if at all.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Woodgate is pretty good, his only problem is fitness.
    Everyone is worried about Owen saying he's out, it was only a strain on his foot because he hadn't played in so long, it's normal after recovery from that type of break.

Why don't they just chose an England successor already? All this b/s and talk has been going on for way too long.

I'm starting to think Glenn Roeder is the man for the Toon boss job.

LET THE HAMMER FALL

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB
    And everyone gets carded.
    Except for Gary Lineker.

Steve McClaren. He's nobody's first choice, but he's the only choice where he's either loved or hated. "Oh, McClaren. Meh." I'd have preferred even Big Sam, to be honest...

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

McClaren aint the man, he's a hot headed loser who thinks he can get what he wants. Giving the job to him is like making Souness the manager of Chelsea. Bad.

LET THE HAMMER FALL

Articles

Are you kidding me? Graeme Souness as manager of Chelsea would be the single most greatest thing in the history of football. Only he, and possibly David O'Leary (hi Leeds) could run a club with that kind of budget into the ground.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

absolute heaven for us, total hell for them, and since the Chelsea chairman is a spoilt brat he'll whine and whine and whine!

LET THE HAMMER FALL

McLaren is the England manager. Which, um, leaves Scholari free to come to Middlesbrough?

Er, no.

I'd like to see Martin O'Neill as the new Boro manager. With our excellent chairman, money to spend and a very promising set of youngsters, he might just consider it.

No way is McLaren the way to take England to international glory. He's better than Allardyce, but still a poor choice.
    "The most important and recognize player in the history of the country."

Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I were as great as Paulo Wanchope.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Ruud is not playing and has "gone home."

Tottenham apparently playing 9-10 of their first choice XI despite saying they had ten first-team players with food poisoning. Bets on a bit of colour added to the pitch today?

Articles

It's a good job there's a World Cup coming up, or else the main story for the entire Summer would be "Ruud is leaving United!"

I heard 7 Spurs players were struck with it. Either way, it's a very important match, so I can understand why some of them would try to make it through. Arsenal must be licking their lips now.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Richardson one inch away from making the best goal I've seen live, and Saha puts Man Utd 1-0 up just this minute.

EDIT: Charlton allow Ronaldo to get an easy goal.

Articles

Blargh. There go our hopes of finishing second. I had hoped RvN's tantrum would put them off.

Meanwhile, Spurs are 1-0 down. Looking good for Arsenal.

EDIT: Yep, bye second. And bye Xabi.

And wow, what a rollercoaster the fight for fourth is.