Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516172131 ... LastLast

Thread: English Football Thread! 2005-2006 Season

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Spykus Hallideus (Cerberus)

I enjoyed the match though I was screaming "kick the bitch dammit!" Liverpool should take part in a new karate/kung-fu movie!

LET THE HAMMER FALL

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Fouls (Conceded)
    Newcastle: 21
    Liverpool: 18

Okay, is that enough for you?

And referees usually tend to be biased in favour of the home team, before you say he was biased against you. The stats don't lie.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

That can;t be right you missed out the 79 did by Cisse, Kieron Dyer and Emre were knocked down alot more times then the others and don't seem right.

LET THE HAMMER FALL

Articles

Fulham have beat Chelski. Looks like teams are figuring out how to beat them. Next season's title race will hopefully be more open.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Next season is going to kickass! Who knows who'll win but I hope it's Liverpool, even though my respect for them is low from today's match they deserve it more then the other teams in the race, Newcastle should aim for a UEFA cup place.

LET THE HAMMER FALL

Bladen, you do realise football is a contact sport don't you?

From what I heard on the radio the Newcastle players where giving as well as they got, more so in fact. Especially Shearer, who is a persistant fouler, backing into defenders.

I'd like to know where your proof is to back up your claims. From the match stats, your team commited more fouls, and had a player sent off! So please explain to me how Liverpool are, and i'm going to use your words here! "Disgusting." & "Seriously bad at tackling."

And as a little extra. Here's some stats from Sky Sports web site.

Team/Fouls/League Rank

Liverpool/363/20
    Newcastle/497/1

Going by those stats, Newcastle have commited more fouls in the league than any other club and Liverpool the least.

So please. Tell me how Liverpool are a dirty team?

Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I'm a Toon Army supporter and I can admit that we do play dirty. Todays match was entertaining to say the least - as Newcastle v Liverpool matches usually prove to be.

Ofcourse I'm not happy with our loss, but Liverpool are the better team out of the two. Boumsong is about as useless as you can get, and in my opinion he was a total waste of money.

I think the way Cisse acted towards the crowd was disgraceful, though and I think he should of been sent off. He is probably the only Liverpool player have absolutely no respect for in the slightest.

Chelsea losing to Fulham is quite amusing. Hopefully we'll be able to do the same come Wednesday and knock them out of the FA cup.

Articles

What did Cisse do wrong? Newcastle fans booed him and threw stuff at him for lifting his shirt over his head to reveal a t-shirt saying that he loves his kids, and then he gestured to the fans to boo him more. He got a booking, which was punishment enough.

The Newcastle fans screamed blue murder everytime a Liverpool player so
    much as touched a Newcastle player. Give up Balden; Newcastle did play dirtier -- they fouled from the very beginning. Why would Liverpool foul unnecessarily? They had no need to. They outplayed Newcastle from the start, and ameoba's goal was pretty darn lucky, imho -- it came from a hole in a formation that otherwise was like a brick wall.

I thought Boumsong was playing pretty well up till the point he let that ball slip past him; Ramage screws up more than him, from what I've seen. Crouch's goal -- the first one -- came from a Ramage mistake, as did Rooney's first goal last week.

I like Fulham and Middlesbrough. Very much. What godly teams.
    This subliminal message could be meant for YOU. But it's probably not. Move along ;D

Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Cisse stood there and taunted the crowd. That's not acceptable as far as I'm concerned. I didn't have a problem with him running around with a t-shirt over his head, but when he stood infront of the fans gesturing "Come on" I thought he shouldn't of done it. If he was closer to the fans they probably would of ripped him apart there and then, all other Liverpool fans that I've talked to yesterday and today agreed with me that he should of been sent off. It's like when Neville gestured things towards the Scouse fans not so long ago - nobody liked that either.

I have no problem admitting that Liverpool pretty much walked all over us in that game, but I think if we had played them a few weeks ago when they were goal-shy the outcome would of been different.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

In a dream world, Chelsea would lose four more games and Jose would become a laughing stock as he continues to blame the refs, and the FA would tell him to sod off before they cut his knackers off with a chainsaw. Man U would have an unbeaten rest-of-season and outdo Chelsea by three points, thanks largely to Rooney who would find a very high goal-scoring form just in time for the World Cup. If we're really lucky, Chelsea would lose every game and end up third behind Liverpool, then lose out in the UEFA Champion's League qualifiers.

Oh, in a perfect world...

...but yeah, haha, Chelsea lost, that's all that matters to me.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Jess
    Cisse stood there and taunted the crowd. That's not acceptable as far as I'm concerned. I didn't have a problem with him running around with a t-shirt over his head, but when he stood infront of the fans gesturing "Come on" I thought he shouldn't of done it. If he was closer to the fans they probably would of ripped him apart there and then, all other Liverpool fans that I've talked to yesterday and today agreed with me that he should of been sent off. It's like when Neville gestured things towards the Scouse fans not so long ago - nobody liked that either.
    It was nothing like the Neville thing. Neville ran the entire length of the pitch to the Liverpool fans when Utd scored - undeservedly given the balance of play, may I add - and started, as I think the BBC called it, "sexually pumping". When the Cisse thing occurred, Newcastle fans were already booing Cisse for showing a t-shirt, which, as I said, was about how much he loves his kids. (I'll get a pic if you want!) So, while they were booing him, he told them to do it more. Hey, he didn't know why they were booing him. Maybe he thought they were being racist.

I'm not saying he's in the right, but it's nothing like the Neville thing - which in my opinion, there was nothing wrong with anyway, other than the fact that Neville is a twat - and it's certainly not so heinous as to deserve a red card. The crowd were abusing him, so they should be able to take what they dish out imho.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I don't think either deserve red cards, that's for sure. Still, regardless of what you're doing, if you do it in front of opposition fans then you're doing it in the wrong place. It's not that hard to run to a different area of the pitch.

I don't think that either of them have done much wrong aside from that little mistake of celebrating in front of opposition fans. However, when a player celebrates a goal in front of home-fans and still gets disciplined - a la Ronaldo (even if he did look like he was trying too hard to look awesome) - then I think it's a bit dumb. Let them have their fun when they score goals, it's good for the game.

Articles

Reminds me of when Chelsea's Arjen Robben celebrated his goal earlier in the season against the mighty Sunderland. The guy went ballistic and dived into his own fans. He got booked, but as it was his second yellow card, he got sent off.

I think it's poetic justice for going crazy about scoring against Sunderland, really.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Reminds me of when Chelsea's Arjen Robben celebrated his goal earlier in the season against the mighty Sunderland. The guy went ballistic and dived into his own fans. He got booked, but as it was his second yellow card, he got sent off.
    See, that's just freaking dumb. Seriously. It's a sport, let them enjoy it. If anything there should be some kind of time limit, but that's about it.
    I think it's poetic justice for going crazy about scoring against Sunderland, really.
    It's funny 'cause it's true.