Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Spiderman 3

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Didnt they have Gwen's name on a tombstone in the first one? I have no idea what they'll do with her (though I hope she takes MJ's spot in Peter's life, as I hate MJ) since they drew heavily from her death scene in the comics for the bridge scene in the first film.

Anyway, I really like Topher Grace, and I'm sure he'll do a great job, but he wouldnt be my choice for Venom. I see Eddie Brock as a more creepy guy... I think my problem with Topher is that he sort of looks too much like Tobey, and I can easily picture Topher as Peter Parker.

Ah well, I'm sure it will be great anyway.

But on another note... Sandman? Of all the neato villians, why Sandman? Ugh.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I was avoiding mentioning that she dies for those who don't know who she is, dumbass. xP

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Meh, I doubt it'll happen in the films though. Especially doubtful in the first one she's introduced in. They've already screwed her story so much, essentially merging her and Mary Jane into the same person. I doubt she'll end up like she did in the comics.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Mary Jane needs to die and her replacement should be Gwen Stacey. That would be fitting.

Venom is nice, but Sandman? wtf? I mean, come on. The Green Goblin, Doc Oc, and Venom were all very huge villains in the Spider-Man comics. But Sandman?

Spider-Man 2 sucked. I have little hope for this one, but I'll probably see it in theaters anyway. Because, I mean, it's Spider-Man.

It would be so awesome if they replaced Kirsten Dunst as payback for revealing major aspects of the story.
    Word/s.

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

I really like Topher Grace as well. However, there's no way i'll be able to take him seriously as venom when he looks like freaking Cid.

That's Venom! Right there!

good evening, miss Tifa's Real Lover(really's Avatar

.................get out

I would probably go play video games or have sex (the usual) - Nominus Experse

my mom would be like "ve? yo te dije, el internet no es bueno."

"seriously, my mom tells me "que tu hase en eso el dia entero?" and im like "mami yo toy hablando con people" xD. spanglish, ftw." ~ liz

Those...eyebrows... Recognized Member XxSephirothxX's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I'll definitely go see it, and I'll enjoy it even if it's worse than the first two. Both were excellent movies in my opinion and in the opinion of most respected film reviewers, and I'm a pretty big Spider-man fan. The movie poster made me wonder if they'll encorporate the black symbiote suit that Spidey acquires in the comics, which eventually breaks off and attaches to Eddie Brock to create Venom. I originally assumed they wouldn't, since it's such a complex and lengthy plotline, but maybe they'll condense it and make it the third movie's focus. I read a couple years ago Sony wants to make six Spider-man films, so this probably won't be the last.

official beerpong champ Stayin Dizzy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShlupQuack
    They've also implied something about Green Goblin and/or Hobgoblin.
    Hobgoblins a given due to the end of 2 but I think it'll be staging for Spidey 4. A cast list shows Doc Connors makes a cameo in this one so the lizard and hobgoblin would be a good bunch together. I'm looking forward to seeing the rhino and shocker eventually too. I really believe Feliecia Harding isn't far off. And either the interview I posted or a different one I read said something about a dead charachter being revived. I say Doc Ock. Green Goblin was beyond super dead

Ashy Larry-Marcy Projects-Marcy son WHAT!

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin
    Mary Jane needs to die and her replacement should be Gwen Stacey. That would be fitting.
    no
    no it really wouldn't be

EDIT: A few things ran through my mind a few days ago; that might not be symbiote he's wearing, that pose is all sad and crap, so it might be just a black suit for mourning (and who's he gonna mourn like that other than MJ). And since the hobgolblin lead in would cause some sort of gay 'oh no not again oh the drama' moment at the bridge to rip apart Peters head...oh Shlup already said this.
    Last edited by krissy; 02-28-2006 at 12:18 AM.

good evening, miss Tifa's Real Lover(really's Avatar

shocker would b awesome with the vulture

I would probably go play video games or have sex (the usual) - Nominus Experse

my mom would be like "ve? yo te dije, el internet no es bueno."

"seriously, my mom tells me "que tu hase en eso el dia entero?" and im like "mami yo toy hablando con people" xD. spanglish, ftw." ~ liz

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The only reason I have little problem with Venom being in the movie is because Raimi is still running the show and I have faith in him to make Venom a great villian in the movie. If anyone else were running the show I'd probably have almost written it off as soon as Venom being in it was announced. There really haven't been many good Venom stories over the years. In fact, none I've read realy topped the original. The good news is we should get to see crazed psycho bent on killing Spider-Man Venom, rather than one dimensional anti hero Venom if they're smart about it with this movie.

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

Venom! *dies*
    There is no signature here. Move along.

Those...eyebrows... Recognized Member XxSephirothxX's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

The best thing about Venom is that he opens up the possibility of a sequel with Carnage. Now THAT would be a movie.

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Azar
    The best thing about Venom is that he opens up the possibility of a sequel with Carnage. Now THAT would be a movie.
    *dies again*
    There is no signature here. Move along.