Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: dada dee dada dummmm

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

ill just preten you didnt say those things. your in the bonus dungeon you unlock after defeating lich. its optional but not impossible at your stage.the way to get past the endless desert is find some trees and the trees will make a shape of an arrow. follow all of the tree arrows and you will eventually get to the end of the floor.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*

Okay, a couple of things:

Maybe don't mention the whole illegally downloading games thing. It's not my job to tell you this, or to tell you why, so I'll leave it at that.

And the dungeon in question didn't appear in FF1 originally. It was added the GBA version. Honestly, to get the full FF1 experience, I recommend playing the NES original version. But if you must have those flashy sprites and sounds, go with the PS1 version, Final Fantasy Origins. But if you can, play the Normal Mode, not Easy Mode.

And the dungeon in question is not to be attempted until much later in the game. All four of the dungeons that are unlocked by beating a fiend (Lich, Marlith (formerly Kary), Krakken and Tiamat), all four of those dungeons are way tough, and you should wait until much later in the game to try them.

Finally, you need to get back on track in the game. Here's where you want to be:

The small black circle is the Earth Cave, where you fought both the Vampire and Lich. The larger red circle is the city of Crescent Lake, your next destination to advance the story. I won't give away what happens or what you do, but that's where you're going next. The black plus sign is the nearest dock to get to Crescent Lake. I'm only pointing that out because a lot of times, you can't figure out where you need to park your ship just to get any place.

So make for Crescent Lake. Talk to everyone there, and I'm sure you can figure out what to do next.

Oh yeah, and I chopped off the top half of the world map so I don't give anything away for you. I don't want you to see what's up there if you don't want to see it.

Good luck to you! Take care.
    SELF PROMOTING SIG

Click here to hear a few of my songs.

I AM NOT A PRETTY BOY! Shin Gouken's Avatar

Wow cheers dude. That's pretty far from where i am, it probabley would have taken me a long while to find my way there. Perhaps someone mentioned heading there next but i don't recall. After deteating lich, it showed a quick cut to the dungeon being opened, naturally i headed straight there i'll let you know how i get on
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Ivalice is not simply a place in a game. It is a real world, it lives and breathes

Quote Originally Posted by feioncastor
    And the dungeon in question didn't appear in FF1 originally. It was added the GBA version. Honestly, to get the full FF1 experience, I recommend playing the NES original version. But if you must have those flashy sprites and sounds, go with the PS1 version, Final Fantasy Origins. But if you can, play the Normal Mode, not Easy Mode.
    MUST you speak to people like that? I mean, I cant stand it when people talk to others as if they are inferior to them, simply because they are doing something differently. Not many people have an NES anymore, and it isn't easy to find FF1. Not very many people would want to shell out the money and time to look for such things. I am not trying to start flaming or anything,

Okaaay....looking back at that, it seemed rude and I apologize. Im not angry or anything.

Anyways, to avoid spam. Ugh....that narsty desert. I ALWAYS died in that place, and not just by that stupid worm! FF1 is a little too "open" for my taste. I like games with a clearer cut storyline :rolleyes2
    PH33R teh Rainbow.

Taste the Rainbow

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

Well it's true, FFI doesn't flat out tell you what to do next, you do have to track down the one generic looking NPC with the information you're looking for, but that non-descript person WILL tell you where to go next. There just won't be a cut-scene or anything. They added something similar in the WSC version, where going into Cornelia at all puts guards at all the exits who won't let you leave without first speaking to the king.

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

the secret dungeon that your attempt right now is the easiest and you should be able to beat it if your prepared to do some very long boss battles.i wouldnt go for the other three dungeons untill your at a stage where you can beat the last dungeon of the main game.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*

Quote Originally Posted by boys from the dwarf
    the secret dungeon that your attempt right now is the easiest and you should be able to beat it if your prepared to do some very long boss battles.i wouldnt go for the other three dungeons untill your at a stage where you can beat the last dungeon of the main game.

My levels are all at 45. And i just saw bahamut so after that little event, i feel invincible ^_^
    Ivalice is not simply a place in a game. It is a real world, it lives and breathes

Old-Ones Studios Cruise Control's Avatar

Your not. The arhiman-type enemy will knock your swelled head back to size.
    Leave some shards under the belly
    Lay some grease inside my hand
    It's a sentimental jury
    And the makings of a good plan

LOL nah, i'll take him. I'm going to birmingham for the weekend and have work all next week o_0 could be next weekend i pick up again.

Old-Ones Studios Cruise Control's Avatar

XD Earthquake. Get death-resistant items.
    Leave some shards under the belly
    Lay some grease inside my hand
    It's a sentimental jury
    And the makings of a good plan

OK, definitely either confident or too stubborn to listen (not trying to flame )

I went in there, and never came back. Same occured with WaterGiftShrine. I suggest saving outside the entrance on one save file, and then saving inside the dungeon on another, so just in case, you can have a backup file. That would have been smart for me to do back then.
    Front-wards, back-wards, anyway you see! Such a strange spell to swish-swish-aree! Tceles Nottub B. Swish-swish-aroo!

I've only beaten FFI, but I'm close to beating FFIII for FAMICOM!

YAY FOR CHOCOBOS!

DON'T FORGET MOOGLES! :mog: