Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow cancelled?

Blog Entries

Default Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow cancelled?

A week or so ago, I went to get a DS game. I was stuck between Mario Kart DS and Castlevania DS. The store was closing in 3 minutes, and I had to choose quick. I noticed that I couldn't find Castlevania. I decided to ask the person at the counter if they have it. He said "Nah, it was cancelled. One time shipment." I didn't really believe him, considering he said Metroid Prime 3 was cancelled due to horrible sales. I got Mario Kart and was on my way. After unlocking every single character/kart in MK () I wondered: Was Castlevania REALLY cancelled? I still don't believe him, but I am just making sure.

So, was Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow cancelled? o_O Would really stink if it was.

Edit: Thanks in advance. n_n

..a Russian mountain cat. Yamaneko's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

No. This guy obviously didn't know what he was talking about. It's one of the best selling DS games.

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

How the hell do you cancel something that has already been released? I think this person injected crack straight into his brain!

Blog Entries

Alrighty then. Thanks for the info on that. n_n I'm glad he was wrong. I would hate Konami if he was right. >_> I would go into their company and equip the skeleton soul. Then I would wack them all with skeleton bones. Afterwards, I would summon bahamut and vaporize them all.

Thank goodness the guy was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by edczxcvbnm
    How the hell do you cancel something that has already been released? I think this person injected crack straight into his brain!
    By not manufacturing more I presume. I think discontinued would be a better choice of words.
    Word/s.

That reminds me. Why did they discontinue Ace Attorney for the DS?

good evening, miss Tifa's Real Lover(really's Avatar

u coulda jus looked it up urself?

I would probably go play video games or have sex (the usual) - Nominus Experse

my mom would be like "ve? yo te dije, el internet no es bueno."

"seriously, my mom tells me "que tu hase en eso el dia entero?" and im like "mami yo toy hablando con people" xD. spanglish, ftw." ~ liz

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Holmes
    That reminds me. Why did they discontinue Ace Attorney for the DS?
    They didn't. Phoenix Wright had a very limited run because Capcom didn't expect it to sell well. Demand exceeded supply, and they ran out of copies. Look for Phoenix back on the shelves in May (or March... one of those two).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tifa's Real Lover(really
    u coulda jus looked it up urself?
    True, but I expected to get a reply from Kishi. No better source of info than he!

Castlevania's production run might of been cancelled as the above poster stated.

All 3 Gameboy Castlevania (Circle of Moon, Harmony Dissonance, Aria Sorrow) had very short production runs which led to high prices on ebay. Im assuming the DS title suffered through the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by omnitarian
    They didn't. Phoenix Wright had a very limited run because Capcom didn't expect it to sell well. Demand exceeded supply, and they ran out of copies. Look for Phoenix back on the shelves in May (or March... one of those two).
    @!%#@^%

I wish I knew this before I bought a copy for $77 online. >_<
    lol signature

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jebus
    @!%#@^%

I wish I knew this before I bought a copy for $77 online. >_<
    At least I have 77 more $ than I did before.

I have heard Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow before but never knew it was for DS cause I only own a GBA SP in the handheld section. but I do own Circle of the Moon (bought it like a week ago) and Lament of Innosence (sorry if I spelled the title wrong)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by chrs229
    I have heard Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow before but never knew it was for DS cause I only own a GBA SP in the handheld section. but I do own Circle of the Moon (bought it like a week ago) and Lament of Innosence (sorry if I spelled the title wrong)
    It's considered one of the best DS games so far. o.o Since you only have a GBA SP, you could get Aria of Sorrow. Dawn of Sorrow is the sequel to Aria of Sorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Kentarou
    "Nah, it was cancelled. One time shipment."
    Based on his phrasing, I'm assuming what he meant is that they cancelled production of any more copies of the games, meaning that the first shipment will probably be the only one.

Which probably means it's going to pack a few pennies on the sales market in a few years... *proudly holds up his copy that he bought for only €30 from a friend*
    -"If she's happy then... I don't mind."