Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Why Terra?

[I don't know butwhoever say that Tina is the real hero needs to have some Yu-Gi-Oh in their lives.
    Dude dat stament aint even right. You be geekin on it.

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm confused...what are they saying? I said Tina because that's her name in the Japanese version, and I prefer using it. It's not like you can say Terra or Tina if you want to...

Anyway, I still think Tina is the main character. I guess she couldn't be, but that would only be because FFVI has so many main characters. Whatever. Everyone can think what they want to after all

While I don't know that I would go so far as to say that she was the main character, I would say that she was A main character along with others. She was key to the whole story. She was the catalyst that started the ball rolling. In fact, at the the rebels hideout, until she decides to join, the story won't progress. Without many of the events and choices that she make there would be no story. I know that she was not even available for the first part of the WoR but it that was part of the the whole story, the feelings that she had to work through as she struggled to find her place in the world.

In the end though, I would say that she was part of an ensemble cast. There was no single main character in the game. But that's just my opinion.

Holy Dragoon Kain <3 Recognized Member KoShiatar's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Belmont
    I don't know butwhoever say that Tina is the real hero needs to have some Yu-Gi-Oh in their lives.
    I don't get it, probably because I never played collectable card games....or watched Yu-Gi-Oh at that.

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

The story does progress at the rebels hideout if you don't join the returners. You have to tell Banon no three times.

I thought you still had to say yes, but if you say no at least three time you get a better item (don't remember what tho)

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

You get a Genji Glove. (It kicks the Gauntlet into the floor )

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Or you could tell Banon no once and go talk to the returner in the upper left of the hideout (presumably in a store room). He'll give you the Genji Glove. Then tell Banon yes and you still see the planning scene.

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I always concidered Locke to be the main...

I don't know butwhoever say that Tina is the real hero needs to have some Yu-Gi-Oh in their lives.
    I think Terra is the flagship character and I love Yu-Gi-Oh, but I don't see the connection. Explain?
    JOY IS A BITCH, but she is so adorable!
    generated by sloganizer.net
    Kaycee says (12:06 AM):
    whos' obama?

Quote Originally Posted by roto13
    But that's not really the original. It's a substitute.
    Thats a new logo made for Final Fantasy Anthologies the games didn't use the current logo until post 7. Locke wasn't close to a man character. The Figaro brothers, Celes, and Terra were more important. Terra however was also not the main character as the World of Ruin dealt more with Celes coping with loss.There is no true main character for this game its open thats why I like it better than any other FF.

Quote Originally Posted by Slade
    Like I said, Terra is the flagship character of Final Fantasy VI. Most people immediately think of her when VI is mentioned, plus she features on alot of the artwork. She may not be the MAIN character, but she is the flagship character. It's as simple as that
    I think of Mog, Gau, or Shadow. Even moreso now that I think of it Kefka is the first thing that comes to mind an evil feminine clown.
    Last edited by playaGAW; 03-21-2006 at 05:55 AM. Reason: going to put 2 double posts together

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

It was on the original game.

Also, I took my screen shot for the Japanese Super Famicom ROM.

I think this thread sorta changed topics. While the main character of FF6 (if there is one) is easily debatable. That's not really the question he posed. He wanted to know why Locke had his screen time editted down so Terra could take the lead. Which just plain didn't happen. I'd certainly like to know where that information came from.

Edit: And "a magazine" doesn't cut it ^_^ I want to know what magazine made this mistake

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Okay can anybody explain to me why did Square Decided that Terra is the main charater they origainany made Locke the lead so that he's the first main charater that is a theif rather then a Warrior/Knight. So is it NOA's censorship or some female gamers think the male japanese were sexists?
    Why Terra...because. Where are you getting this Locke main character stuff from? I would like to know, because it seems pretty inaccurate. They probably put Terra as the main character maybe because they thought sex didn't matter concerning who should be the leading character or not. Just a thought.