Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How Good Is This Game?

Quote Originally Posted by silentenigma
    well right now you have a big decision to make that may alter the rest of your life as illustrated in this diagram:

I think you can make the right choice.

I agree 100%

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

First FF game I was introduced to was FFVII. I liked that game so much that I decided that before I actually finish the game (I think I had played up to Cosmo Canyon if I recall), I wanted to experience the games that led up to it so I stopped playing FFVII and played through FFI-VI (except III as I wasn't aware of the fan translation at the time). I'm so glad I did, I was able to appreciate VII much more once I played through it's predecessors. And my first thought when I played VI was that it played like a next-gen RPG (meaning next-gen relative to the platform it was released on). Don't let the 2D graphics fool you, There's some depth to that game. But don't just consider playing VI, I'd go play them all.

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by silentenigma
    well right now you have a big decision to make that may alter the rest of your life as illustrated in this diagram:

I think you can make the right choice.
    LOL DUDE THAT'S AWESOME
    But I've some problems with it. In your bottom half, it doesn't say anywhere that playing them will make your brain crispify (my word use in the English language... umm... what's the word I'm umm... searching, no... looking for? I'm not... good at... umm... Spanish?).
    The old school games make you smarter. Once I played FFVI, I immediately went from a 5 Bs and a 1 A student, to having 5 As and a B.

There's so many things that make this game an awesome game. I can list several; feel free to add on...
    a) great plot
    b) awesome characters
    c) teh haxxors villians si es teh greatest evar, 1337 haxed in ovrdrve
    d) sets the standard for ALL RPGs from this point on
    e) Kefka (I call him the hero b/c he accomplishes what I aim to do; complete and utter domination, to finally make people realize that FFX-2 sucks, and that FFVI is GODLIKE)
    f) God is the final boss (<3 for all you Atheists)
    g) not so sucky graphics (if they burn your eyes out, then you need to stop wearing glasses, and look at the world with 5/7 vision, tell me how THAT does not burn your eyes, for that matter, stop playing video games)
    h) two blonde female characters that are not dumb (the ultimate sex appeal, way more than Rikku in FFX-2, but I can't argue with prostitution)
    i) makes you think about your ethics and take on life
    j) the most important reason: because I said so

Definitely worth getting. Hell, if you get FF: Anthology, FFV is even thrown into the deal. Can't beat that with a bag of hammers.

This is going to get me a bag of anthrax sent in the mail.

But I prefer the later installments. I'm not a fangirl and I don't drool over CLOUD CLOUD OH CLOOOUD!!! or anything. I just find them to be richer in storytelling. Kefka didn't impress me at all.

I do respect it for the epic that it was in its day, and all it contributed to modern gaming. But its just not my particular cup of tea.

Down, FFVI fanboys, down.
    THE MEW HATH NO NEED OF A SIG >:3

I rate games on the ebilness of the villains. Kefka wins.
    Also on how many depressing scenes there are. FFVI wins.
    And how non-sucky the female characters are. FFVI wins.

FFVI wins.

But I've only played VI, VII, VIII, IX, X and X-2, an I tried playing I and II but I got stuck.

Gaze Upon the Mega Man! JackNapier's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FallenAngel411
    Kefka didn't impress me at all.
    ......I wouldn't open your mailbox anymore.

But I prefer the later installments. I'm not a fangirl and I don't drool over CLOUD CLOUD OH CLOOOUD!!! or anything. I just find them to be richer in storytelling. Kefka didn't impress me at all.

I do respect it for the epic that it was in its day, and all it contributed to modern gaming. But its just not my particular cup of tea.

Fan girl.
    And what?
    "Kefka didn't impress me at all."
    =[
    I'm confused.
    Did someone utter those words?
    =[
    ='[
    And Richer in Story telling? x x;;
    We do realize that Tidus disapearing in FFX was kind of like when Terra went in FFVI or how about the fact that Bizzaro Sephiroth has two heads, much like Kefka does at the end in boss-ish form.
    The later games just rip the story telling and Ideas. =[
    One day... I am going to make a list of all the simularities that happened in VI and all the other games after it. =O

Kefka didn't impress me at all.
    Destroying entire kingdoms, taking over the empire, and becoming a demi-god doesn't impress you?
    JOY IS A BITCH, but she is so adorable!
    generated by sloganizer.net
    Kaycee says (12:06 AM):
    whos' obama?

Sorry, I just couldn't get into the game....

I tried to, and I wanted to, and I did get all the way through, but my heart was just never in it. Like I said, I hold respect for FFVI, I just don't worship it.

We do realize that Tidus disapearing in FFX was kind of like when Terra went in FFVI or how about the fact that Bizzaro Sephiroth has two heads, much like Kefka does at the end in boss-ish form.
    One day... I am going to make a list of all the simularities that happened in VI and all the other games after it. =O
    You should make that list. Because I know exactly how much FFVI broke the mold and contributed to the RPGs and games of other genres being made today. I didn't say it was a bad game, I just said it wasn't so great for me. I think I'm entitled to that opinion.
    Last edited by FallenAngel411; 03-20-2006 at 12:27 AM.

Sorry, I just couldn't get into the game....

I tried to, and I wanted to, and I did get all the way through, but my heart was just never in it. Like I said, I hold respect for FFXI, I just don't worship it.

You should make that list. Because I know exactly how much FFXI broke the mold and contributed to the RPGs and games of other genres being made today. I didn't say it was a bad game, I just said it wasn't so great for me. I think I'm entitled to that opinion.
    Never said you weren't entitled, it just happens that my opinion clashed with yours.
    And XI? VI..

Took care of that

My brain is mush.

Blog Entries

This game is extremely good, but also extremely overrated as the rest of the FF games are. That being said, I love it all the same.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm curious, what exactly do you think is an epic game then?

Blog Entries

FFVI was as epic as it could be for it's time. But if it was release today, it would sink to the bottom of the "forgotten list" in a flash. I still like the game, though.