Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Oscars Results !

Quote Originally Posted by Port Regulator mobiletype
    Anyway to those who have seen Walk The Line was Reese Witherspoon's performance really that good?
    Yes it was. When I saw North Country, I was amazed by Charlize Theron's performance, almost as good as her oscar performance the year before. I really didn't think anyone would live up to it let alone surpass it, but Reese really did do a fantastic job in Walk the Line, you could just see how much work she put into that role, and she totally deserved her oscar.

Quote Originally Posted by RSL
    There are a lot of people out there that are geniunely angry that this happened.
    Gay white people I bet!

I missed best animated. Was anything good even nominated for best animated?

'Gabby Hayes' big Bart's Friend Milhouse's Avatar

something that bothers me about the Oscars is the nominations. I mean take for example Mutiny on the Bounty. How can THREE, yes THREE men be up for Best Actor in a Leading Role. There can never be three leads. Another things how can certain actors be put up for awards i.e. leading roles when they are clearly not the central character? (eg Marlon Brando - The Godfather)
    ...Geddit?

Lumberjack Recognized Member RSL's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by MecaKane
    I missed best animated. Was anything good even nominated for best animated?
    Howl's Moving Castle, Wallace and Gromit, and some other movie that I can't remember were nominated.

Wallace and Gromit won.

I am like all smurfing happy I was like HELL NO BROKE MY BACK TAKING A MAN"S MOUNTAIN WOULD WIN BEST PICTURE but it lost yay

Quote Originally Posted by RSL
    Howl's Moving Castle, Wallace and Gromit, and some other movie that I can't remember were nominated.

Wallace and Gromit won.
    Aw, Howl's Moving Castle was good!

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

I think the other animated film was The Corpse Bride. All were good movies.

Those...eyebrows... Recognized Member XxSephirothxX's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I thought it was pretty cool that Crash won. Nothing else really surprised me. But I was pretty pissed Episode III didn't get nominated for Best Visual Effects. They only nominated three movies, and it had stunning effects, at least on par with Narnia and War of the Worlds. That was pretty unfair on the Academy's part, considering it was the only real category it had any chance of competing in.

Damn, I wish I could have watched Jon Stewart.

Im glad Crash won, I really did enjoy it and it was such an eye opener. Im also glad about Wallace & Gromit, although Howls Moving Castle looked lush. Oh well.

Anyway, Im really glad Crash won because it something I could really relate too, and it touched on alot of issues on the human psyche. Jon Stewart is one funny sob, but my favorite part of the night was Three 6 Mafia winning for best original song. The oscars have a notorious image for being all snooty, but it was fun seein some dudes from the gutter take home a prestigious award like that. Jon Stewarts comment about Scorcese 0, Three 6 Mafia 1, was funny. I havent seen Brokeback Mountain, I dont like love stories anyway, especially gay love stories, but I hear it was good.

Star Wars was robbed btw, the academy hates George Lucas.
    Last edited by SoulTaker*; 03-07-2006 at 01:23 AM.

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

Star Wars did not get robbed of anything. It was not very impressive because it had too much CG to do to make it look Oscar worthy. Star Wars did not deserve to win anything and it didn't.

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah, I'm a big Star Wars fan but I didn't think it deserved any oscars.

Quote Originally Posted by edczxcvbnm
    Star Wars did not get robbed of anything. It was not very impressive because it had too much CG to do to make it look Oscar worthy. Star Wars did not deserve to win anything and it didn't.
    Uhhh, Costume, makeup, art direction, IT most definitely should have won for original score, visual effects, robbed I say. And although Lucas's script was smurfed, Ian McDiarmid should have been nominated for something with his performance. I think this is the first Star Wars film to be snubbed as it did.

Did anybody see Memoirs of a Geisha? Form the reviews Ive read, it was mediocre at best.

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Star Wars was nominated for makeup. And you shouldn't judge a movie that you haven't seen.