Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Oscars Results !

Default Oscars Results !

http://www.oscar.com/oscarnight/winners/index.html
    And everybody thought Brokeback Mountain would swoop all the awards.
    Shame it didnt, Brokeback mountain was amazing, Crash was also great so I dont mind that it won best film.
    The oscars seem not as important now years ago.......I mean there important, but no one really cares that much for them now as back when.

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

Anyone who thought Brokeback was going to sweep the awards was dumb. None of the actors even had a chance. It still picked up 3 oscars which is good but it had zero chance of a sweep.

I had picked a lot of the winners.

I picked Picture
    Actress
    Supporting Actress
    Supporting Actor
    Editing
    Visuals
    Shorts
    and other various awards

I missed Director and Actor.

4/6 for the big awards is not bad.

The Oscars are still as important as they were years ago. You may not care for them now but everyone still does and it is the highest honor in Hollywood. Unless something comes out that it has been rigged for the past 40 years it will remain that way.

I really liked Stewart and I hope that they ask him to host again. Those commercials for getting votes for best actress were great!

Quote Originally Posted by edczxcvbnm
    Anyone who thought Brokeback was going to sweep the awards was dumb. None of the actors even had a chance
    Well most people did, end of.
    Also, when you say that none of the actors had a chance, where have you been living, Heath Ledger was top for scooping Best male actor this year, really, dont say Im wrong, Im right.

No he wasn't. The person who won was and then after him was Phoenix. Ledger was not a front runner and was not expected to win. If you go by what the average person says then yeah but the average person is a dumbass and thankfully the Oscars don't go by popularity but what they feel is the best.

As good as the performances of Brokeback Mountain were, none of them were going to win their repsective acting awards. There were just better performances this year. Phillip Seymour Hoffman was a shoe-in for best male, and if he for some reason didn't win Joaquin would have won. Rachel Weisz I thought rightfully deserved her oscar, I just don't think Michelle's performance was good enough to win. George was the only one of the supporting actors that would have won over Jake, and so he did, deservingly so in my opinion. On a non-Brokeback note, I was happy that Reese won best actress, that one really could have gone any way.

While it wasn't going to win it's acting awards, Brokeback Mountain was definately going to win for adapted screenplay and director, hands down. Crash rightfully and very deservingly won for best picture, but I think Brokeback Mountain was probably in a close second for that one.

I was happy with how the Oscar's went, and John Stewart was a good host. Those political commercials were hilarious. And I thought it was cute when the guys from March of the Penguins (or whatever that one's called) won and brought penguin dolls up on stage with them.

Lumberjack Recognized Member RSL's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah Dreddz, you are wrong. The Oscars pretty much fell EXACTLY as expected EXCEPT for best picture, which was an upset of epic proportions. Phillip Seymour Hoffman was pretty much a lock for Best Actor. Same with Reese Witherspoon for best actress.

Brokeback mountain was expected to win best picture, but it was not expected to sweep the awards. As it turns out, four films won three oscars a piece. That is pretty strange if you ask me.

RX Queen Recognized Member kikimm's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

RSL said exactly what I was thinking. ;) I was a little annoyed with how predictable the Oscars turned out to be, but oh well.

But of course I'm shocked that Crash won Best Picture, but really stoked because it definitely deserved it.
    --Box Box Box Box

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by kikimm
    But of course I'm shocked that Crash won Best Picture, but really stoked because it definitely deserved it.
    There are a lot of people out there that are geniunely angry that this happened.

The reason the Oscars were so predictable is because the one that won were just so damn obvious this year. There were a few that might have been close such as best picture but for the most part the performaces of the winners were just too damn good and no one else was all that great. They did a good job but not Oscar good.

This year the ratings were what they were for the 2003 Oscars. A 10% drop over last year. Probably becasue it was going to be so predictable.

here for 7 days here for a limited time's Avatar

did star wars win anything?

Hell no! It won a Razzy...again.

here for 7 days here for a limited time's Avatar

whats a razzy?

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by here for a limited time
    whats a razzy?
    It's like an oscar award except for the worst movies of the year.

Star Wars was nominated for one oscar, best makeup, and did not win.

'Gabby Hayes' big Bart's Friend Milhouse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dreddz
    Well most people did, end of.
    Also, when you say that none of the actors had a chance, where have you been living, Heath Ledger was top for scooping Best male actor this year, really, dont say Im wrong, Im right.
    I was also made to believe this was true for some reason. However had I not have seen Hoffman's interview last week his win might have come as more of a shock.
    Anyway to those who have seen Walk The Line was Reese Witherspoon's performance really that good?
    ...Geddit?

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Reese Witherspoon was great. However, I don't know how she compared to the other four nominees as I have yet to see their movies.