Thread: >> The Smiths..

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

Default >> The Smiths..

>>> Who likes this band from the 80`s..
    I have been listening lots of songs of various of their albums and I think they are truly awesome..
    Some of their songs are so deep and depressive that make you sad and at the same time they have lyrics make me lol, and specially Morrissey vocals that make me lol even more, I mean he sounds so ironical like he is making fun of everything and everyone..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

They are fantastic.

They sucked- all of there songs are easily forgotten, and they actually came out with an album called "Meat is Murder"! Can you believe the audacity of this 80's wanna-be rock group which fizzled out after 5 short years? Not one good song and very annoying band members.

-LYCHON

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

Quote Originally Posted by Lychon
    They sucked- all of there songs are easily forgotten, and they actually came out with an album called "Meat is Murder"! Can you believe the audacity of this 80's wanna-be rock group which fizzled out after 5 short years? Not one good song and very annoying band members.

-LYCHON
    >>> Lol, this is why I like UK bands so much, you either love 'em or hate them..

That song What Difference Does It Make has some awesome little riffs. Otherwise no.
    [leeza]Total sig height should not be over 250 pixels, including all text.[/leeza]

RX Queen Recognized Member kikimm's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The only song I've heard from them is How Soon is Now, and I think it's great. Maybe not great enough for me to go out and pursue more from them though.
    --Box Box Box Box

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Quote Originally Posted by kikimm
    The only song I've heard from them is How Soon is Now
    Same here, and the only reason I heard it was because I went after it when I found out it was the original. The first version I heard was Tatu's cover (which I really liked) and then Love Spit Love's cover (which I didn't like as much but was ok). I think The Smith's version is the worst of them, but that's just me.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> Those Tatu bitches totally ruined that song, the original version is clearly superior..

Anyways, my fav songs from this band are:
    Suffer Little Children
    Still Ill
    The Queen is Dead
    I Know It's Over (my fav so far)
    There Is A Light That Never Goes Out
    Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now
    Girlfriend In A Coma (i LOL everytime I hear this song..)

Quote Originally Posted by DMKA
    Same here, and the only reason I heard it was because I went after it when I found out it was the original. The first version I heard was Tatu's cover (which I really liked) and then Love Spit Love's cover (which I didn't like as much but was ok). I think The Smith's version is the worst of them, but that's just me.
    Love spit love! I was trying to remember the name of that band. The first time I heard "how soon is now?" was their version, it was the opening song to some show back in the late '90's. I didn't know that song was a cover, I didn't find out until a few years later when upon the suggestion of a friend I decided to check out the Smiths. I downloaded their Meat is Murder record. I found most of it to be unimpressive until I heard track 6 (How soon is now?). That was the only track that stood out at first, however with subsequent listenings I grew to be more appreciative of the rest of the album.

Morrissey's songwriting talents are horribly overrated, but they've got some good stuff, particularly Hatful of Hollow. They're not the legends that the music press makes them out to be, though.
    "The most important and recognize player in the history of the country."

Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I were as great as Paulo Wanchope.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmch939
    Love spit love! I was trying to remember the name of that band. The first time I heard "how soon is now?" was their version, it was the opening song to some show back in the late '90's. I didn't know that song was a cover, I didn't find out until a few years later when upon the suggestion of a friend I decided to check out the Smiths. I downloaded their Meat is Murder record. I found most of it to be unimpressive until I heard track 6 (How soon is now?). That was the only track that stood out at first, however with subsequent listenings I grew to be more appreciative of the rest of the album.
    Yeah, Love Spit Love's version was used as the opening song to Charmed, the show about teenage witches. Incidentally, it was also on the soundtrack to the movie "The Craft" which was also about teenage witches.
    Quote Originally Posted by black orb
    >>> Those Tatu bitches totally ruined that song, the original version is clearly superior..
    Lies. The Smith's version blows in comparison.
    I like Kung-Fu.