Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

Default FFXII gets perfect scores

I stole this post from another forum

Key Points:
    * It is harder to level up.
    * You cant button mash to beat enemies.
    * Enemies dont leave money.

ARTICLE

Astonishment to human, and world. As for this rich expression power. As a game the highest level. The story of the tremendous expansion where it shakes the pleasant.

40/40 List Thus Far
    * The Legend of Zelda - Ocarina of Time (Nintendo for Nintendo 64)
    * Soul Calibur (Namco for Dreamcast)
    * Vagrant Story (SquareSoft for PlayStation)
    * The Legend of Zelda - The Wind Waker (Nintendo for Nintendo GameCube)
    * Nintendogs (Nintendo for Nintendo DS)

Here's the scan of the scores: http://www.imgup.org/iup173465.jpg
    What did I say people. Best FF yet. I have preached it for 4 years and BAM!

While getting a perfect score in Famitsu is an accomplishment, i hardly think that it is the end all and be all.

For example, imo Nintendogs and Vagrant Story are NOT perfect games.

Quote Originally Posted by edczxcvbnm
    Best FF yet.
    I knew it would be great due to all this time making it.

Actually, if you mean the strange scan that's turned up a few places -- I think it may be a fake. The image itself is so blurry that no words can be made out, the mag itself isn't due out until friday, so there's not much of a way to take even a blurry pic of a review page.

In short, I'm suspecting that an Otaku fanboy photoshopped an image to appear as a Famitsu review. I'd be a lot less skeptical if it wasn't a 40/40 (higher than DQ8, btw), was clear enough that at least a few kanji were readable (what better way to fake a scan in a language you don't speak -- blur the image so that even natives can't read it), and if the quotes of the review itself were things that we didn't know yet.

If I was gonna fake a Japanese review, I'd at least have the sense to make it 39-38 out of 40. I'd at least make sure a few Kanji were readable, so that it would be obvious that it was actual Japanese and not random words, and I'd release it maybe a day before the mag came out.

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

I don't know the credibility of this like I don't know the credibility of the rest of the review scores from the mag.

As for scores being leaked early...happens all the time. Scores, articles and other things getting leaked before a publication is released is nothing new...of any journalism.

STILL Anti Balthier Setzer Gabianni's Avatar

I have other information which proves that it wasn't a fake..anyone wanna see? I think its different/other info..

~Setzer Gabianni

Quote Renmiri on FFXII
    I bitch about the game a lot, mainly for the lack of story and weak characters, but it is still the best of the series out there.
    She loves it more then X!

I knew it would be the best, If that page is legit, but I'm not thinking it is.

Must.......get........arrrggghhhhhhh
    I CANT TAKE IT, I WANT TO BUY THE GAME NOW !
    Anyways, yeah, this game is going to top FFX IMO......

I hope it does. It might beat IX for me. It might be the best on my list. I WANT IT SO FREAKING BAD!

What did Famitsu give FFX ?

I don't think a 40/40. I know 1up.com gave it a 9.4. I'm hoping XII gets a perfect 10!

"shakes the pleasant" well my pleasent needs all the shaking it can get

what I truly want is a well translated review. perhaps come firday we will get one.

and speaking of which, how bout we bet if this is legit or not, this way the winners get the to go "I told you so" on the losers

Im not sure if it is legit or not, but im willing to say it could get a perfect score.

I reckon FFXII will jump start the dying PS2 rocket, proves the PS2 owns even if all the next gen consoles are out soon....
    I reckon its all true seeing as Gamespot have even reported it, and I dought this could fool them.....

I'm thinking the exact thing. The 360 is crap compared to the might of the PS2 and Final Fantasy XII! It'll get a perfect score.

hahaha I knew it would be great! I just really hope that its difficult, and I wouldn't have wasted 3+ years waiting for a game to beat it in maybe 4 weeks, I HAD TO DIE ON PURPOSE JUST TO SEE THE GAMEOVER SCREEN IN TOS!!!!!!!!!!!! anyways I think that famistu is kind of biased with matsuno games, but w.e. I don't agree with alot of the 4 10/10 things... but anyways I think that it is safe to say that this will be the best ff ps2 game so far(than again, instead of having a final fantasy online, we called it 11 so you never know what could have happened )

(\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.