Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gaming Magazines

I used to buy Gamesmaster.

i don't subscribe to any(im dumb because i can save money) i get Electronic Gaming Monthly cause its good Nintendo Power cause i can get the new titles.(the mag recently is getting bad in the funny and critisism department) pocket games or something like that.

I also need to buy my manga and shonen and shojo for my girl u know
    :rabite: :luigi: :mario:the day will come....................................(holding the suspense).......

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

EGM and OPM. I like those Ziff-Davis guys.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I used to have a subsciption to game informer. It was pretty good at getting info on games that weren't released yet.

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Back when I was in 3rd grade I had asubscription to Nintendo Power. I thought it was the coolest magazine ever, back before the N64 and all that came out.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

You should have held out.

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

That wasn't the only promotional video Nintendo came out with. During the time Killer Instinct was first out I had another subscription that came with a promo video.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Yeah, they made several. I'm pretty sure Donkey Kong Country was the first.

Just wondering why do you guys subscribe to gaming magazines when there are plenty of websites out there where you can read reviews of games for free.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

There's a lot more to game magazines than just reviews, and even in that particular asoect, I don't want to read just anyone's reviews. And even if my guys put some of their content online (which they do), flipping through a magazine is a pleasurably organized and tactile experience compared to navigating a website full of obscure links.

Also, each issue of OPM comes with a disc containing exclusive demos and trailers for numerous upcoming games. There's almost always at least one game on the disc that captures my interest, and I'm damn picky.

Quote Originally Posted by darkchrono
    Just wondering why do you guys subscribe to gaming magazines when there are plenty of websites out there where you can read reviews of games for free.
    Because:

1 ~ There's more to gaming than just the games, and many gamers like to know about what is going on inside the industry, something which is rarely covered on websites.

2 ~ Most gaming websites are just plain terrible. They're often embarrasing (IGN.com), run by unknowledgable fanboys (GameSpot.com), or just try too hard (1up.com).

3 ~ If you've ever read EDGE in it's paper form, you'll know why nothing else is even worth looking at.

4 ~ For me personally, nothing feels better than a book in my hand that I can read.
    -"If she's happy then... I don't mind."

I subscribe to Computer Gaming, PC Gamer, and Computer Gaming World for 2 reasons. First, I save a TON of $$$ by subscribing instead of buying them from the newstand. And I read all 3 because I really enjoying reading about the gaming industry in general. That industry can be pretty cutthroat at times. I read Electronic Gaming Monthly a lot too.

I occassionally pick up a magazine--mostly OPM for the demos. I used to have several subscriptions, but eventually I became to poor. ;__; So the internet is a godsend for a girl like me with so many obsessions to support.
    THE MEW HATH NO NEED OF A SIG >:3

Bowchica Bow Wow... Omnislash07's Avatar

I get Electronic Gaming Monthly, Official Playstation Magazine, and Game Informer.

I think Im just gonna let their subscriptions run out though because I rarely agree with any of their reviews and like others have said most of the stuff they say can be found elsewhere on the internet anyway. It is nice getting the demo disc from OPM though. But it rarely has any really good games so it doesnt make much of a difference.
    Doc "But I'm a pacifist, I don't believe in violence"
    Caboose "Your a thing babies suck on?"
    Tucker "No thats a pedophile"

as an owner of a PS2 and Xbox (with 5yr love to myPS2) i like to vew the counsole war from both fronts. So my mags of choise are OPM and OXM