Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Isn't this really too much?

FFXIV Character

Laurelin Kementari (Sargatanas)

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth_Bauglir
    i did not state that they are boring.you are too young to understand the greatness of the originals.
    Now you go a bit to far my dear friend!

If I might say, I'm fourteen years, I'm a guy and I DO understand the greatness of the beautiful classics.

I played FF I, II and II on a NES rom, I didn't finish them all, of course, but I played them.
    I played and finished teh US version of FF IV, which is in my opinion one of the best.

I played, but did not finish, a translated SNES rom of FF V.

I'm almost at Kefka's tower in FF VI.

Those are ALL the classics.
    So, in WHICH way I DON'T understand the greatness of these FF???
    These are in my opinion, the best FF's ever.

Unless you say that FF VII and stuff are classic, than indeed, I don't understand their greatness, because VII sucks, but that's off-topic.

I take this as offending me. I REALLY played all FF from I to X. So just HOW, can't I understand the greatness of I to VI?

Quote Originally Posted by TheAbominatrix
    No, they werent made with love. They were made for money. Companies dont make games because they feel like it. WHile they may enjoy doing so, games are made for money. They always have been, they always will be.
    Amen to that.

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

Actually,imo,almost every game sucks when it's played via the GBA.
    Gba is meant to be a kid console.I can't waste my time on this tiny screen,really.
    The conversation shoulda ended here when it became apparent that this guy is a philistine.

Actually,imo,almost every game sucks when it's played via the GBA.
    Gba is meant to be a kid console.I can't waste my time on this tiny screen,really.

How would you know it sucks? I'll bet money you never even tried a GBA game. Don't knock something just because how a system looks. Better yet, don't knock it till you try it. And if you don't like playing GBA games on the GBA, then get a Game Boy Player for the Gamecube so you can play GBA games on the TV.

And I have played the orignal FFs on the SNES. Yes, they were fun to play with. FF IV was the first FF I've played actually. It was one of my favorite FFs at the time. Then FF IV Advance was released. Bought it played it and now think that the GBA version is better than the SNES version, because of the extra features they added. Sometimes change to a game can be a good thing to appeal new gamers and give something new to old schoolers

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crossblades
    Sometimes change to a game can be a good thing to appeal new gamers and give something new to old schoolers
    I am SO going to remember you said that.

Blog Entries

If they make old games that new gamers can play they get new fans, then they get more money, with that money they make better non remake games, with these non remakes they keep all their current fans and make a some new ones, then they get more money, then some fans lose intrest because theyre too old or they die and more remakes are made to capture the classic moments in a newer way more adjusted to the new audience of gamers, then they make more fans and money..etc

In short, I have no problem with portable games and remakes on portable consoles (even though the only one ive tried so far is Sword of mana)

I love the fact that re-releasing a product on newer hardware would somehow make the product lose its value. That's like saying that Citizen kane should have never been released on VHS or DVD, because it couldn't possibly be better than on it's original film reel.

It's called making known classics accessible to a new generation. It happens in every form of entertainment, whether it be transferring to a new medium (i.e. Book to movie) or just transferring to new technology (i.e. cassette tape to compact disk).

And my god, what were you when those games came out? 5? 6? I think you have no right to call anyone too young to understand the quality of a game only several years older than yourself.
    Last edited by Winter Nights; 03-09-2006 at 08:41 PM.
    Formerly: Autumn Rain

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Quote Originally Posted by Autumn Rain
    I love the fact that re-releasing a product on newer hardware would somehow make the product lose its value. That's like saying that Citizen kane should have never been released on VHS or DVD, because it couldn't possibly be better on it's original film reel.
    Excellent example

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Azure Chrysanthemum's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Also, you say you never go anywhere? Well, that's not true for everybody. I know I go places, I'll bet a lot of other people go places, handhelds are a wonderful way to bring a game with you wherever you go. And with a great game like FFIV or FFVI, I am glad for the ability to take it with me, especially since they're both among my favorites. The added content just makes it that much better.

Handhelds are also great systems. The resolution is rather good and I have no problem with those "small" screens. They're perfectly fine by my standards. Plus, could my friends and I all play Mario Cart in the middle of the Student Union as well with the Playstation (or in this case the N64) as opposed to their DSes? I think not.

Also, that comment about the age is not necessary, don't talk like that to other members. I'm several years older than you are, yet I'm not playing the age card.

Quote Originally Posted by Shin Omega
    I agree they are probabley being made for money, and i agree they are less enjoyable to play on the gba. But i'm glad they are being re-released, i would just rather they were re-released on the ps2 like FFanthology.

I am exited about FFV's re-release as it is my favorite FF and any additions/sidequests added to the game will have me jumping out of my seat.
    Saywah? on what?
    Silly jilly ultra nuggets.
    My sig was deleted.

Originally Posted by Autumn Rain:
    I love the fact that re-releasing a product on newer hardware would somehow make the product lose its value. That's like saying that Citizen kane should have never been released on VHS or DVD, because it couldn't possibly be better on it's original film reel.
    horrible example.A DVD version really is the original thing with the exception of better quality of image/sound.It does not change the whole script,for instance.

Sometimes change to a game can be a good thing to appeal new gamers and give something new to old schoolers
    I agree with that,but as most of you,you didn't get the gist of what I was trying to say.

How would you know it sucks? I'll bet money you never even tried a GBA game. Don't knock something just because how a system looks. Better yet, don't knock it till you try it. And if you don't like playing GBA games on the GBA, then get a Game Boy Player for the Gamecube so you can play GBA games on the TV.
    Well buddy,you've lost the bet.I have a GBA,and all the GB series until it.I admit that there are some great games,like Breath of fire (which I have completed) or Wario (which is a fun game,and I liked it)
    To pay 75 euros for a machine that just magnifies the GBA screen depictions is to my mind,a waste of money.If a game is meant to be played on a 200x200 pixel screen , to magnify the image will neither make the graphics better nor help me play the game.It will just be a polygon mess and have horrible graphics magnified.When I say ''sucks'' I do not mean that it doesn't have a value at all,my mistake,I mean that its graphics can do more than appall you,despite the fact that it may get an ''A'' for all other factors.(I don't usually judge a game by its graphics --that is the least that I care about,but if the graphics,in 2006,are worse than these of a psone's,then i have to worry--)

I usually don't speak for something that I haven't tried. Keep that in mind before making bets.

by; Autumn Rain
    And my god, what were you when those games came out? 5? 6? I think you have no right to call anyone to young to understand the quality of a game only several years older than yourself.
    I know a lot about final fantasies even if my 1st was FFVII.I used to like these old-school games since then,because-even if you cannot believe it-I did not sought marvelous graphics in a game,but other factors the most (like plot,characters and of course music)which is still my point of view till today.

by; Torren McHasselhoffgard III
    The conversation shoulda ended here when it became apparent that this guy is a philistine.
    Alright now,you are being too harsh here.I am certainly not a philistine.But,seeing that you do make quick judgements,I will not try to persuade you that I'm not.

by Elpizo
    If I might say, I'm fourteen years, I'm a guy and I DO understand the greatness of the beautiful classics.
    By stating what you previously said about ff vii you do not.
    Final fantasy vii is a masterpiece.
    You know,if i had an omnicient gamer in front of me I could start an argument about your opinion about final fantasy vii,but as I said,you are too young to understand some games' value.If you had told me that you don't like ff vii,but understand its value (this game has so many symbolisms and a buch of other things-depth for instance- which you propably haven't witnessed,since you do not like it.)

But I am pleased to see that you understand ffvi's true greatness (imo,the best final fantasy ever created) and i see this as a good sign of progress by your side.

As I have stated,all of these assertions are mine,and I do not expect anyone to abide by them.

by; TheAbominatrix
    They have, actually. Extra dungeons are always a plus in my book.
    Ok,so,extra dungeons equal a better game ?Yeah,that is some fair judgement.Let's put some extra hats or gauntlets which have this engraved on them; ''oh,yeah,hail to commercialization''.That would also make the game awesome !

Quote Originally Posted by Behold the Void
    Also, you say you never go anywhere? Well, that's not true for everybody. I know I go places, I'll bet a lot of other people go places, handhelds are a wonderful way to bring a game with you wherever you go. And with a great game like FFIV or FFVI, I am glad for the ability to take it with me, especially since they're both among my favorites. The added content just makes it that much better.

Handhelds are also great systems. The resolution is rather good and I have no problem with those "small" screens. They're perfectly fine by my standards.

Also, that comment about the age is not necessary, don't talk like that to other members. I'm several years older than you are, yet I'm not playing the age card.
    Of course going out is not the same for all people.I did not state suc thing.

I talked like that (concerning the age) because i had to.I did not intend to ''harm'' anyone.

Plus, could my friends and I all play Mario Cart in the middle of the Student Union as well with the Playstation (or in this case the N64) as opposed to their DSes? I think not.
    Um,I think that you are not allowed to play games on thin ''student union'' are you allowed to do that?Well,as I said,portable consoles are great for people who travel a lot or -for some other reasons- can't play with the original consoles at home.Portable consoles ain't good or bad,they are portable consoles.You don't like 'em,you don't buy them.And vice versa.

[leeza]Do not double post. ~ Leeza[/leeza]

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Does it make it a better game? No. The game was already awesome. Adding extra dungeons and correcting scripts (they didnt change the script, they fixed it. The translation is more accurate and grammar corrected) makes it a better experience, yes.

And yes, it is pretty much the same as a DVD re-release. It's the same thing, with extras.

horrible example.A DVD version really is the original thing with the exception of better quality of image/sound.It does not change the whole script,for instance.
    If you are referring to alterations in the translation, Director's Cuts and Unrated Editions are quite common nowadays, even with older movies. DVDs are rarely just the movie with better sound and video. Extras and bonuses are quite common.
    Well buddy,you've lost the bet.I have a GBA,and all the GB series until it.I admit that there are some great games,like Breath of fire (which I have completed) or Wario (which is a fun game,and I liked it)
    To pay 75 euros for a machine that just magnifies the GBA screen depictions is to my mind,a waste of money.If a game is meant to be played on a 200x200 pixel screen , to magnify the image will neither make the graphics better nor help me play the game.It will just be a polygon mess and have horrible graphics magnified.When I say ''sucks'' I do not mean that it doesn't have a value at all,my mistake,I mean that its graphics can do more than appall you,despite the fact that it may get an ''A'' for all other factors.(I don't usually judge a game by its graphics --that is the least that I care about,but if the graphics,in 2006,are worse than these of a psone's,then i have to worry--)
    So, you're upset that they made changes to the translation, but god forbid they not update the visuals.. Despite the fact that they look perfectly fine?
    I know a lot about final fantasies even if my 1st was FFVII.I used to like these old-school games since then,because-even if you cannot believe it-I did not sought marvelous graphics in a game,but other factors the most (like plot,characters and of course music)which is still my point of view till today.
    Yay? That just makes your comments about age even more ridiculous.
    By stating what you previously said about ff vii you do not.
    Final fantasy vii is a masterpiece.
    You know,if i had an omnicient gamer in front of me I could start an argument about your opinion about final fantasy vii,but as I said,you are too young to understand some games' value.If you had told me that you don't like ff vii,but understand its value (this game has so many symbolisms and a buch of other things-depth for instance- which you propably haven't witnessed,since you do not like it.)
    But I am pleased to see that you understand ffvi's true greatness (imo,the best final fantasy ever created) and i see this as a good sign of progress by your side.
    So he's knowledgable, only if he agrees with you? It's called an opinion. Find a dictionary if you have problems grasping that.
    As I have stated,all of these assertions are mine,and I do not expect anyone to abide by them.
    But yet, you've pretty much told people that they were wrong, because they disagree with you.
    Ok,so,extra dungeons equal a better game ?Yeah,that is some fair judgement.Let's put some extra hats or gauntlets which have this engraved on them; ''oh,yeah,hail to commercialization''.That would also make the game awesome !
    Nobody said it would make the game automatically awesome. Just that it would make for a better overall experience for alot of people.
    I talked like that (concerning the age) because i had to.I did not intend to ''harm'' anyone.
    You've lost me. Why again did you HAVE to discriminate by age?
    Formerly: Autumn Rain

Letting FF be portable is a great step and I encourage them to port them to handhelds.

I don't see any reason why you should have a problem with this. Because they're re-releasing games? You know how many games from the older generation, even though I still own my NES, I missed and wish I could play. How many games are on other systems that I want to play. That I want to OWN, and not download illegally. It let's younger people play the older games who would have no other way of playing it. As we all know, the PS versions had plenty of problems with them, and I have found no problems even similar to them on the GBA games. Yeah there are changes in the games, some good, some not so good, but it's still fun to play the game. I enjoy everyone of the FF games, but unlike some people, I can replay the same thing a billion times, and not eventually get tired of it. When I play a game and know every line by heart, even where typos and mistranslations are, it gets kinda tiring. So a new port/version with a better translation and new dungeons is awesome. It brings something new that makes me want to play the game again. You don't like it, don't buy it, it's really that simple.

THE JACKEL