Thread: =) is this game worth its money?

Grin =) is this game worth its money?

hi i havent played ff 11 yet and i was planing on buying it but i dont know i have heard alot of bad things about it so if any1 can tell me if i should buy it and stuff plz tell me

It's all about your expectations. If you expect it to be heavily like other FFs you will be disappointed. If you expect to progress to be level 99 and have 9999 HP and be able to kill everything in one blow in the span of a week it will not be the game for you.

It is a game that develops slowly and requires you to play with other people to really make a lot of progress. You can make a lot of great friendships and have some truly epic adventures beyond what you could expect from the rest of the series if you give it a chance but if you have a short attention span and crave instant gratification don't waste your money.

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

That was so well said that I can't add anything...

...Join Midgardsormr!

Quote Originally Posted by Torren McHasselhoffgard III

...Join Midgardsormr!
    Please no. ,_, Too many people joining Midgard!

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Well, good news! your spelling is good enough for FFXI.

When you play FFXI, you'll have to come to the realization that you aren't playing just for yourself. You control your character, but your choices are largely dictated by the community. If you wish to be the burly warrior with a six foot long sword, it's the community that will tell you what equipment you have to buy, rather than your own free will. When you join a party, the community will tell you what actions you have to take, or not take. FFXI is a three year old game with as many unwritten community rules as there are written rules in the TOS. If how you want to play your character and how the community wants you to play your character are similar, you'll enjoy FFXI. I for example, wanted to play a blm/whm or whm/blm before the game was even released. I was lucky that the community deamed this combination the acceptable one. On the other hand, many other players found warrior/whitemage to be a fun combination while the community had shunned this combination, and were forced to play their character in a way they didn't enjoy to make progress.

There's a phrase that seems fitting here:
    Noob: It's my 12.95
    Party: It's our 64.75

That pretty much sums up the community>you aspect that you'll have to come to terms with if FFXI will be enjoyable for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Garland
    When you play FFXI, you'll have to come to the realization that you aren't playing just for yourself. You control your character, but your choices are largely dictated by the community. If you wish to be the burly warrior with a six foot long sword, it's the community that will tell you what equipment you have to buy, rather than your own free will. When you join a party, the community will tell you what actions you have to take, or not take. FFXI is a three year old game with as many unwritten community rules as there are written rules in the TOS. If how you want to play your character and how the community wants you to play your character are similar, you'll enjoy FFXI. I for example, wanted to play a blm/whm or whm/blm before the game was even released. I was lucky that the community deamed this combination the acceptable one. On the other hand, many other players found warrior/whitemage to be a fun combination while the community had shunned this combination, and were forced to play their character in a way they didn't enjoy to make progress.

There's a phrase that seems fitting here:
    Noob: It's my 12.95
    Party: It's our 64.75

That pretty much sums up the community>you aspect that you'll have to come to terms with if FFXI will be enjoyable for you.

I say play what you think is FUN. If you are playing for other people or because a certain class is the "it" class...you'll never have fun.

Yes, by all means pick the main job and race you think is fun. Whether your main job is as popular as bard or unpopular as dark knight, you can still advance. My post was just warning that decisions such as what equipment to use, what support job to take, and how to use your character in a party are largely out of your control. Yes, it is your 12.95 and you are capable of doing anything you like so long as it's in accordance with SE's Terms of Service. Having fun should be every player's top priority. However, this isn't FF Tactics. Agrias wasn't going to refuse to party with you if you made Ramza a calculator/samurai. FFXI is a balance between "fun" and "useful". Thinking outside the box leaves you solo, and in FFXI, you don't make much progress on your character solo.

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

Quote Originally Posted by Omecle
    Please no. ,_, Too many people joining Midgard!
    Join something without any Midgardyness.

for example.... The awesome ever awesome awesomeness of some other server.

Midgard is still cool..>_>

But i agree with Garland in the most aspects, and that if you want something oddball, you have to prove it in numerous and backed up tests, otherwise i wont look at your WAR/SMN as anything viable. Its even like RO where you put your stats in the wrong areas for your class except you NEED to party here so you wont advance otherwise.

My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

Grin thANK U

thanks everyone for this i will most properly buy it now so thank you if i join will i be able to get in contact with any of you so you lot can help me out please yours truly luke

does any one know what the current monthly fee in the eu is?

I think it is about 10 euro.